lapghans needed for senior's christmas. Blog updated with all the pictures. THANKS!!

sissie44

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply
it is called Chapeaus - it is in"Favorite Throws and Table Toppers to Crochet"

and Annies Attic publication

i think it is also in one of their "scrap" book or perhaps the Scrap club stuff- not sure -this is actually the only place i have seen it and actually bought the book to get it, i am not a doily person but there are a lot of afghans and pretty patterns for doilies in it --i have already made three of the afghans and another WIM

so the pattern is not on the internet for free:(

you sure did a great job on them :manyheart

I got two more squares coming to you today. Once I can get to the darned post office. If that happens....

I sent a couple of white ones out last week so you should see them soon.

oh goody I will be on the look out:manyheart

sissy...I've got a black and tan lap granny blanket all finished but......I've got to hid the ends. Hopefully with my schedule it'll be to you by the end of the month. aggghh those ends!!!!

I would very much love to work on sqaures for someone. But I haven't the slightest idea as to where to start for patterns or colors. Could someone please explain how to get started. Thanks..

I would very much love to work on sqaures for someone. But I haven't the slightest idea as to where to start for patterns or colors. Could someone please explain how to get started. Thanks..

Sissie stated any size squares in the first post (yea!) Since they are for elderly I'd say any color really (right?) As for patterns if you google free granny square patterns I'm sure you'd get a bunch. I think Sissie even has a few patterns on her blog! Have fun and thank you!!! :hug

....ooops I should be working on those tails

Check out the yarn company websites (Caron, Coats and Clark, Lion) as well as Freepatterns.com and Crochet Pattern Central. They all have squares and/or motifs that work well.

Psss, I joined Team Sissie today! :cheer

sissy...I've got a black and tan lap granny blanket all finished but......I've got to hid the ends. Hopefully with my schedule it'll be to you by the end of the month. aggghh those ends!!!!

now you have to love all those ends:rofl

Thank you so much and I would love to have all the help you want to give:manyheart I am taking any colors, would like 12" squares but will take what ever size you enjoy making, do you still need help with patterns? also please no big holes in the patterns! some of the ladies are making the RR's if you would like to make one of those that is good also just make it 38" across

let me know if you need any other help and thank you for joining in with us here:manyheart

....ooops I should be working on those tails

You better get back to those tails!! :rofl

Psss, I joined Team Sissie today! :cheer

THANK YOU :cheer:cheer:cheerGO TEAM SENIORS:cheer:cheer:cheer

No and when i checked the DC # it said it had left CA that was all:(:(

maybe tomorrow I will keep my figures crossed!

how do you crochet with your figures crossed? :lol:lol

are you feeling better tonight?:manyheart

Good morning, I meant to post this yesterday and forgot:blush

I received a Lapghan on friday from W. Jaber in Grapevine, Tx not sue who you are or if it is even from here at Cville!

I do want to thank you for the very pretty Lapghan so please is this you? :manyheart

Hi Sissie, Just wanted to LYK that I am nearly finished my Games lapghan#1, all I need to do is weave in the ends and post a picture. Hopefully it will be done by Wed. Then off to Lapghan 2. Taking a days rest for a quilting class.

Meegan

th_HPIM0608.jpg

Here it is:

38 inches, Homespun, an M hook and a rev hdc border.

I used Sew on Fire's pattern. When I have another one made I'll send it on...:)

th_HPIM0608.jpg

Here it is:

Those colors are very pretty! They bring to mind chocolate cherries :lol

Good morning ladies, we are now up to 32 of 100:cheer:cheer:cheer

check out my blog for the new pictures! i have now been able to start sewing squares together:cheer:cheer have a lot more to go but going to have to wait till after the games:)

Hi Sissie, Just wanted to LYK that I am nearly finished my Games lapghan#1, all I need to do is weave in the ends and post a picture. Hopefully it will be done by Wed. Then off to Lapghan 2. Taking a days rest for a quilting class.

Meegan

this is great! i am hoping to be done with my first one also by weds. you enjoy your quilting class:manyheart

Ditto for me, too, Sissie...38" is coming up fast on the RR!
WOW I think I am going to have to try one of these!

Sissy, this is Wanda in Grapevine,,,yes, I am a member here. Glad the lapghan made it.

Great glad I found you to thank you so much for the Lapghan:hug

it will be in my next set of pictures that i load to my blog.

My RR is going to be a bit bigger than 38". It's amazing how quickly one gets to 38" when using an N hook :lol

I think I need to dig out my "N" hook :lol:lol

th_HPIM0608.jpg

Here it is:

this is so pretty:cheer:cheer love the colors:manyheart

there is an "M" hook?

Those colors are very pretty! They bring to mind chocolate cherries :lol
:rofl yes it does. yummy :lol

Archived