lapghans needed for senior's christmas. Blog updated with all the pictures. THANKS!!

sissie44

Sissie, did my donation of squares arrive? I mailed it on April 16. I sent a box to a charity in Scotland the same day and it arrived there last week.

I got them today, the package had gotten ripped and the post office had but them in a plastic bag to send them on to me:) the postman said he was sorry for the delay but they are all here and pretty and I love the small of the tea bag thank you so much for helping me with these!:hug:hug

:hug

sissie

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those are beautiful!!!

Sissie, I have these 5 lapghans done. The only problem is that there are holes in the blue one and the patriotic one that may be too large for what you're asking for. If you still want them, I'll send you all 5. If not, I'll send the other 3. Please let me know. Thanks. :hug

th_P5010001.jpg

th_P5010024.jpg

th_P5010027.jpg

th_P5010028.jpg

th_P5010030.jpg

wow these are so pretty!! I think they will work doesn't look like the holes are to big to me.

thank you so much:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Ok, Sissie, they're yours. I'm going to wash them within the next couple of days and I'll send them out sometime next week. I'll PM you when I mail them. :)

Ok Sissy they are yours...I'm now working on solid color squares...

:ty:ty:ty :hug:hug:hug

Ok, Sissie, they're yours. I'm going to wash them within the next couple of days and I'll send them out sometime next week. I'll PM you when I mail them. :)

:ty:ty:ty :hug:hug:hug

evening ladies:)

I received a box today of 14 squares!!:cheer:cheer and it looks like I have enough squares laying around here to put together 4 more blankets:clap

I will start getting pics made to show you what we have:)

Hugs,

sissie

Don't forget, I have two potentially completed lapghans already that I found at Goodwill. Plus I'm working on squares for you still. I have 2 leftover from the comfortghan I'm finishing (just need to do the border!) that I'm going to include to you.

I'm working on one, too. My granny rectangle is now big enough to keep my legs warm while I work on it.

Sissie, please keep us updated on the number of blankets you have. we like to keep score! :hook

Hi!

I just found you gals...and I have squares laying around here that were donated to me for another charity CAL here and aren't needed. I've been slowly edging them and it would be a nice sized lapghan...but very girly.

Can you use it when I finish it?

I have 3 that are made and here in my house:cheer only 97 to go :rofl

so yes I still need all the help i can get!! but i have faith that we will reach out goal:cheer:cheer

and of course I will be keeping you updated here as you are my group of helpers. without you I would not be able to do this:manyheart

:hug:hug:hug

Hi!

I just found you gals...and I have squares laying around here that were donated to me for another charity CAL here and aren't needed. I've been slowly edging them and it would be a nice sized lapghan...but very girly.

Can you use it when I finish it?

I sure can and thank you so much:hug

I am almost done with my first lapghan!!! :cheer:clap When I get it completed I will post pictures and let you know Sissie when it is in the mail to you. I also have some squares that will go in the same box.:hug

Glad you can use it...when I get it done:blush

I promise...I won't forget you.

When it's ready I'll PM you for your address.

:crochetingJust wanted to LYK my first ghan is boxed and ready to mail in the A.M. I will mail the second one next week after payday. I will have to hold off until I finish a swap, but I will be back to help out in a few weeks.

Meegan:manyheart

I am almost done with my first lapghan!!! :cheer:clap When I get it completed I will post pictures and let you know Sissie when it is in the mail to you. I also have some squares that will go in the same box.:hug

oh great can't wait to see it:yay:yay and thank you so much for helping:hug:hug

Glad you can use it...when I get it done:blush

I promise...I won't forget you.

When it's ready I'll PM you for your address.

ok babe just let me know when you need my address :)

:crochetingJust wanted to LYK my first ghan is boxed and ready to mail in the A.M. I will mail the second one next week after payday. I will have to hold off until I finish a swap, but I will be back to help out in a few weeks.

Meegan:manyheart

I am working on a swap today also:) now back to the squares this weekend:))

:hug

Hi Sissie, I just completed my lapghan. It's light and dark green and I'm hoping to get it out to you this week.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY LADIES

I was telling my Grandpa's GF about this yesterday. She had a lapghan almost completed she wanted to send with me. I told her no, since she had already mentioned it was for another charitable purpose. But if she was interested in helping you're taking squares of any size or lapghans.

Sissie and her helpers:

I've entered the Crochet Games of Ancient Greece 2008 (on another thread) and am challenging myself to make two lapghans for Sissie's seniors during the Summer Olympics in August.

Anyone interested in forming a team with me? We can keep each other updated on number of squares made and assembled and cheer each other on. :cheer

Archived