Traveling hook III- raising awareness for FA . UPDATE !!!!post #509

angelfire

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I've been MIA myself but I guarantee you the hook isn't with me. That is a real shame it went missing. Of course, we can always make squares with our own H hook which is what a lot of us did in the Traveling Hook II.

Jimbo, thank you for making a Traveling Hook III-2. I know FA is so very close to your heart and you'll do whatever it takes to further this project along.

Bonnie, once the hook is replaced, will those of us who haven't had the hook yet have some idea as to when we might receive it? Like who will have it before it's sent to each of us. Like you did for Traveling Hook II, there was a list of who followed who. It may be in one of the 1st posts. I haven't looked yet but gonna go look now.

Well, I've been MIA myself but I guarantee you the hook isn't with me. That is a real shame it went missing. Of course, we can always make squares with our own H hook which is what a lot of us did in the Traveling Hook II.

Jimbo, thank you for making a Traveling Hook III-2. I know FA is so very close to your heart and you'll do whatever it takes to further this project along.

Bonnie, once the hook is replaced, will those of us who haven't had the hook yet have some idea as to when we might receive it? Like who will have it before it's sent to each of us. Like you did for Traveling Hook II, there was a list of who followed who. It may be in one of the 1st posts. I haven't looked yet but gonna go look now.

yes here it is;

these have replied thus far;hook sent, hook received , squares received, item sent to Jimbo

tris4crochet

TheLadyWind

tracyleigh

Cherri

grannyannie

CrisKad/Desiree

Jadyn05

Inga (Ireland)made item for auction to held in WA

chrissyf

wildthing1058

JoAnn

CandEsmom

YarnTwstr

tiffmeyer

Segi1974

kwoolls

candiwv

Juanita

Krystal16

CatherineC

Daisy

loopy1

PraiseJesus

jmccrochet

kittyloverdeb

KarenG

LindaL

JoBug

laughlovehook

jamiejewels

KathyWho

teakaycee

Triskele

jenuwhiner

nana

wiz3283

DeboraS

ladywillow

JoyL

rstultz

mbcindy

Brina

coolhockeymom

angelfire

jammerholly? did you want to participate?

2kute

dorothysgirls

flowerpowero6

anthrilliel

Meleka

Tara

Red883

:yayThe hook is winging it's way to the next destination.

Would have gone out on Monday, but it was too cold for me to go, still fighting a nasty bug. Then yesterday I went to take it to PO and I have a flat tire. Hubby took me when he came home frrom work,

DC# 03073330000162087160:yay

:yayThe hook is winging it's way to the next destination.

Would have gone out on Monday, but it was too cold for me to go, still fighting a nasty bug. Then yesterday I went to take it to PO and I have a flat tire. Hubby took me when he came home frrom work,

DC# 03073330000162087160:yay

The hook has arrived safely at my home and I will be needing the address to the next person in line so that I can get out at the end of the week. I also need to know where to send the squares (if you are still collecting them) if not I will make something else.

Is Jimbo having another auction? I'm a little confused now, are we making FARA squares or other items? Do the squares go to Jimbo too, or just the other items? Sorry if I am dumb here.

Is Jimbo having another auction? I'm a little confused now, are we making FARA squares or other items? Do the squares go to Jimbo too, or just the other items? Sorry if I am dumb here.

Yes, please clarify this information as well, as I don't remember it? Also, a size on the hook? That way I can plan my project. :yes

Yes, there is another auction scheduled for October of this year. You can make whatever you want to make for the auction or you can make squares and send them to me. I believe the new hook is an H. You have the hook for one week before you send it onward. You can make any project that you can complete in that time frame. Have fun. JoAnn will be next once I contact her and verify she still wants to particpate.

:hiHi all! I'm so glad to see the hook is back and working it's way around the country again! If this hook is anything like the last one, it's gorgeous and smooth and just wonderful. :c9 Of course, we know that Jimbo's hooks are consistently wonderful so I hope everyone has fun with it. :yes

Hey, CandEsMom, I see in your post that you're from the North Shore of Massachusetts. I'm from Beverly originally (now in NY). Where are you? Just curious. Don't see many that say North Shore. That must make us almost related! :lol

Have fun everyone. I'd love to see pictures (hint, hint). :lol:ghug

:hiHi all! I'm so glad to see the hook is back and working it's way around the country again! If this hook is anything like the last one, it's gorgeous and smooth and just wonderful. :c9 Of course, we know that Jimbo's hooks are consistently wonderful so I hope everyone has fun with it. :yes

Hey, CandEsMom, I see in your post that you're from the North Shore of Massachusetts. I'm from Beverly originally (now in NY). Where are you? Just curious. Don't see many that say North Shore. That must make us almost related! :lol

Have fun everyone. I'd love to see pictures (hint, hint). :lol:ghug

Hi Cherri!

I'm in South Hamilton. We've lived on the North Shore for almost 20 years. It's always fun to connect with "neighbors"! :yay

CandEs Mom you will be next as JoAnn has not contacted me, Have fun.

Please post when you receive it

And from now on please post the DC# when sending it out so everyone can see where it is, I think this will be fun for everyone and get the spirit moving. I think with your cooperation we can have trhis project finished by the new year.

Remember you have it for one week and then it must move forward.

I understand that this had become delayed, but I hope with everyone's help that it will move smoothly from now on.

ATTENTION; IF YOU DID NOT RECEIVE AN E-MAIL FROM ME TODAY, I DO NOT HAVE YOUR CORRECT E-MAIL ADDRESS. PLEASE CONTACT ME @ angelfire4u4ever at hotmail.com if you want to remain on the list of participants

these have replied thus far;hook sent, hook received , squares received, item sent to Jimbo

tris4crochet

TheLadyWind

tracyleigh

Cherri

grannyannie

CrisKad/Desiree

Jadyn05

Inga (Ireland)made item for auction to held in WA

chrissyf

wildthing1058

JoAnn

CandEsmom*

YarnTwstr

tiffmeyer

Segi1974*

kwoolls

candiwv

Juanita*

Krystal16*

CatherineC

Daisy*

loopy1

PraiseJesus

jmccrochet

kittyloverdeb

KarenG

LindaL*

JoBug*

laughlovehook

jamiejewels

KathyWho

teakaycee

Triskele

jenuwhiner

nana*

wiz3283*

DeboraS

ladywillow

JoyL

rstultz

mbcindy

Brina*

coolhockeymom*

angelfire*

Ah as usual you guys are just amazing!! As to FARA auctions, we are anticipating another auction like the one last October to be coming up again this year on the same date, October 21st. Also we're taking along some things that we were unable to put in the last auction, to a national Ataxia convention in Seattle sometime this March. Not sure if we'll need extra items at that time, but i'll try to keep you posted.

Also, I seem to recall that Angelfire had arrangements with FARA and an ebay-like site ... not sure if that's still on-going .

So thank you all again for your participation! You guys are the kind of folks who make Crochetville such an incredible place!

The world could take a lesson!

Grateful

Jimbo

Archived