Traveling hook III- raising awareness for FA . UPDATE !!!!post #509

angelfire

loopy1, I just got back from the post office. The hook is flying on over to you! I sent it priority mail, so maybe you will get it tomorrow? I pm'ed the delivery confirmation number to you, so you can see where it's at.

Happy crocheting! :hook:crocheting

Jimbo, the hook is incredibly gorgeous, but it comes as no surprise....you are the master of the art! :yes:D May you never run out of trees!

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh Oh Oh it is getting close to me!!! I have a SPECIAL stash of yarn for this very thing, it has been inn my bottom dresser drawer awaiting!! :cheer:cheer:cheer

Yipee! :cheer:clap I should be getting the Jimbo hook today or tomorrow from Daisy. I hope it's today :yes. Getting my patterns ready and I think I will use lots of blues for the squares.

Based on Bonnie's updated list, I take it I send it on to jmcrochet next???

What do the asterisks mean by some of our names?

No worries Angelfire and Krystal. It's now snug as a bug and I considered it an honor to be able to contribute.

Here's a pic. It wasn't easy designing something I thought was worthy of this beautiful hook. I did my best. It will have to do.

th_DSCN0036.jpg click me!

Happy crocheting!

That little case is just amazing... Your best is the BEST!!

Thanks!!

Jimbo

Oh Oh Oh it is getting close to me!!! I have a SPECIAL stash of yarn for this very thing, it has been inn my bottom dresser drawer awaiting!! :cheer:cheer:cheer

:yay... looks like on the list I'm after you JoBug!!!! wont have to send it far... hehehehehee

I'm getting my stash together.... I have a basket FULL of scrap yarn balls... just waiting to be made into beautiful squares. :hook

:heart

:mug

The mail has come and gone and no hook. :(

Daisy checked the confirmation no. and it said it was here in Kalamazoo. I told Daisy that maybe a truck will bring it later today. I'll be listening for the knock on my door. Otherwise, it better be here tomorrow. :tryme

loopy1, It better arrive by tomorrow or I will be :tryme:box:angry too!

The mail carrier better watch out. They don't dare mess with a Jimbo Hook on the move! We crocheters are protective of our goods!

....so, cough it up, postoffice people! :tryme

OK ladies, I've heard of going "postal" but this is the first time I've ever seen someone threaten to go "crochetal!"

And,

Dear USPS,

If you know what's good for you- the hook will be in Loopy1's hands in the next 24 hours. You have some VERY DEDICATED crocheteirs hanging on by a "thread" (pun definitely intended!) here.

Happy crocheting,

OK ladies, I've heard of going "postal" but this is the first time I've ever seen someone threaten to go "crochetal!"

And,

Dear USPS,

If you know what's good for you- the hook will be in Loopy1's hands in the next 24 hours. You have some VERY DEDICATED crocheteirs hanging on by a "thread" (pun definitely intended!) here.

Happy crocheting,

:rofl

Daisy and I don't have to be "crochetal" anymore. The HOOK has arrived! The mail van brought it to my door not too long ago...around 6pm EDT.

I'm "crochetal" now since I'll be :hook:crocheting:hook:crocheting ! :clap:c9

and missmaxx, the case you made is beautiful but what happened to the one Bonnie made?

:hug

:rofl

Daisy and I don't have to be "crochetal" anymore. The HOOK has arrived! The mail van brought it to my door not too long ago...around 6pm EDT.

I'm "crochetal" now since I'll be :hook:crocheting:hook:crocheting ! :clap:c9

and missmaxx, the case you made is beautiful but what happened to the one Bonnie made?

:hug

I think the case that Bonnie originally made, went with another Jimbo Hook that was given away when the crochet event was over. This one, is a different hook and needed a new case to travel around in.

Hugs :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hugto everyone participating!

Ummm, "crochetal" ?? LOL! LOL!

Go Loopy1! :cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

So glad to hear the hook arrived safely, and the mailman can rest easy - for now - because eventually you'll have to send it on......

Loopy1, I know you have been waiting a long time for the hook. I am glad that it arrived safely and that you didn't have to beat up any postal workers.

Nancy, you squares arrived safely earlier in the week, hubby put them away before he left for golfing that day as I was resting and forgot to let me know until late last night.

I am glad the enthusiasm is so high for this great project, it warms my heart....it needed a jumpstart and thank you to each and every one of the wonderful ladies involved. :manyheart

hook sent, hook received , squares received, item sent to Jimbo

tris4crochet

TheLadyWind

tracyleigh

Cherri

grannyannie

CrisKad/Desiree

Jadyn05

Inga (Ireland)made item for auction to held in WA

chrissyf

wildthing1058

JoAnn

CandEsmom*

Juanita*

Krystal16*

MissMaxx

Daisy*

loopy1*

jmccrochet*

kittyloverdeb*

LindaL*

JoBug*

teakaycee*

nana*

wiz3283*

DeboraS*

mbcindy*

Segi1974*

Brina*

coolhockeymom*

angelfire*

I wanted to let you know what the list looks like right now.

That little case is just amazing... Your best is the BEST!!

Thanks!!

Jimbo

AAAAAWWWWWW shucks Jimbo, you're sweet. :2blush

I have no illusions though. There's no doubt where the masterpiece is when you open the package.

It's that gorgeous Jimbo hook! :nworthy:nworthy:nworthy:nworthy:nworthy

:hug:manyheart:hug

:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire(can't get much warmer!) regards,

Nancy

The gorgeous, bee-yoo-tee-ful Jimbo hook :drool is on its way to Joyce (jmccrochet) as of yesterday and confirmation # has been pm'd to her. Just checked on the post office tracking and the status is "Acceptance" in Kalamazoo. It's still here! :idea See y'all later :wink...gonna go get it back. :devil:laughroll:rofl :sofunnyI'll beam over to the PO or:flyingor :drive in order to retrieve the :hook. :yes

Ya know?...I could have kept it one more day...:eek:yell. For some reason, I had Monday on the brain. Oh well, better early than late which is a first for me since I'm always running behind.

Jimbo, I was looking at the first posts and last year you said the Redheart "is a really REALLY pretty wood". The wood is amazing...such a beautiful work of art you did with it. Oh, darn, I was gonna take a pic of it before mailing it off. Oh well, I'll never, ever forget it.

Thank you for creating the amazing hook for us to use to help contribute to Ataxia awareness and research.

We all get so excited when we're the next one on the list and the hook is on its way to us. Then we get all sad when we have to part with it. But all of us are so thankful that you create these traveling crochet hooks so we can use our talents as a means of giving to worthy causes.

Thank you, Jimbo, and God bless you!

:hug's,

Jeannie

Ah, now that was such a nice thing to say. You shouldn't do that you know. My head gets all big and I have to get new hats.

But thanks!!

Jimbo

The hook has arrived at my place. I haven't gotten today's mail yet, but I know it's here based on tracking number. Can't wait to get it out and going!

Joyce

The gorgeous, bee-yoo-tee-ful Jimbo hook :drool is on its way to Joyce (jmccrochet) as of yesterday and confirmation # has been pm'd to her. Just checked on the post office tracking and the status is "Acceptance" in Kalamazoo. It's still here! :idea See y'all later :wink...gonna go get it back. :devil:laughroll:rofl :sofunnyI'll beam over to the PO or:flyingor :drive in order to retrieve the :hook. :yes

Ya know?...I could have kept it one more day...:eek:yell. For some reason, I had Monday on the brain. Oh well, better early than late which is a first for me since I'm always running behind.

Ah, baloney! I don't think so. But if your head size changes, we can all make new hats for you.

And you are welcome!!

Ah, now that was such a nice thing to say. You shouldn't do that you know. My head gets all big and I have to get new hats.

But thanks!!

Jimbo

Yep, I saw that it's there! I'll be waiting to hear you hoop and holler when it gets there. I sure thought it would be there yesterday. :think

Are we there yet? Is the hook there yet?

The tracking says the hook was delivered on the 6th. Are we gonna have to go crochetal on the postal?

The hook has arrived at my place. I haven't gotten today's mail yet, but I know it's here based on tracking number. Can't wait to get it out and going!

Joyce

It is great that Jimbo's little hook is making it's rounds safely. I know that we all love the hook and that with Jimbo's help the world is a better place. Jump over to his site and see the hooks up for bid and own an amazing little wonder of your own. You know you want to.

Joyce, have fun with this hook, I know the creativity flows the minute we pick it up. Have a great Mother's day everyone and God Bless all of you.

The hook is here. I got it out of my mailbox last night but I've had so much to do, I won't get to pick it up until after Sunday, sunday night at the hopefully earliest. Sorry I didn't post. Between work and prepping for a baby shower/Christening, I haven't had much time.

Joyce

Are we there yet? Is the hook there yet?

The tracking says the hook was delivered on the 6th. Are we gonna have to go crochetal on the postal?

Archived