Traveling hook III- raising awareness for FA . UPDATE !!!!post #509

angelfire

I it will be in todays mail!!!! Wooooooooooooooooooooooot

and your not that awful far from me, so it wont take to long!

HUGS JoAnn

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:yay:yay:yay Its here! The hook is here!!! :yay:yay:yay

It arrived this morning and I have already been working on squares! Oh this is just an awesome hook. I'm so thrilled to be helping out! Thank you Jimbo and everyone involved!!! Okay... back to work! :hook

btw........ JoAnn............. the bookmark is lovely! Thank you :hug

:heart

:mug

Great Tammy!!! I forgot to post the confirmation number...opps my bad, but I DID have it with delivery comfirmation, I am so happy it got there safe and sound, enjoy it as I did!

HUGS

JoAnn

Oh JoAnn........ I'm having a blast. I'm on square #10 and think that will be it for the day.

The hook is lovely! So smooth.. so easy to hold and work with! :manyheart

Well....... I had a pretty good day with the hook... we spent some good quality time with my yarn stash. The hook was rather impressed. I guess my stash must be pretty good! I was able to get 10 squares done with the help of the hook. We make a pretty good team... if I do say so myself. I'm not sure we will be able to pump out 10 more today... as the hook seemed a bit tired from the trip and staying up late with me last night. So I will probably let the hook sleep in this morning and we can work this afternoon. Gives me a chance to get some swap work done anyway. :hook

post-18634-13589742774_thumb.jpg

You guys make me proud!!! What an amazing group of talent!

Thank you all again for your work and kindness!

Jimbo

• 2 weeks later...

Just checking in to see how things are going. I know summer is a busy time for everyone. I can't wait until fall when I can start getting some afghans put together again. I don't have air and my house is too muggy to put them together until September.:blush

:sun Goooooooooood Morning...............

wow have things been crazy around here. I thought with summer baseball ending .. things would settle down................NOPE. Now we are getting ready for school... Fall baseball...... and football season.

Hubby offered to do me a favor and mail a stack of packages for me last week.... one package being THE HOOK. He made the mistake of setting them in the back seat where he forgot about them............ so the hook is running late. .... but it is on its way to the next lucky lady. I totally enjoyed using the hook........... it was so beautiful and easy flowing with my work. I have a stack of squares to send to you angelfire. I have been lazy about tucking in tails.

Thank you for letting me be a part of this lovely venture!

you all have a GREAT day............. keep an eye out for the hook.... its on the move.

Oh, the time for me to receive the hook is getting closer!

Ladies, I came into this project after it started and didn't participate in the earlier Traveling Hook sessions, so please share with me the type (brand) of yarn(s) that everyone has been using. I have read through the thread and missed any mention of that. I do know it is either 8 inch squares or a completed project, but I want to have a good idea before my turn arrives.

Thank you,

Debora

i got the hook today. thank you tammy. i cant wait to get started. jimbo it is as pretty as the one you all gave to me.

Jimbo's hooks are great, I love mine and wish i could afford another everytime he posts another auction.

Oh, the time for me to receive the hook is getting closer!

Ladies, I came into this project after it started and didn't participate in the earlier Traveling Hook sessions, so please share with me the type (brand) of yarn(s) that everyone has been using. I have read through the thread and missed any mention of that. I do know it is either 8 inch squares or a completed project, but I want to have a good idea before my turn arrives.

Thank you,

Debora

I think most of us use a WW yarn and the brand doesn't matter as long as it is an 8" square or a project for Jimbo to use in an auction to benefit the cause.:hug

• 2 weeks later...
:cheer:clap I received the hook today. Bonnie can you PM me the address of the next person in line? I may have to send it to them and put myself back on the end of the list again. I am not sure if you saw Mary Jo's (tampa doll) post but I recently had back surgery and cant crochet yet. I di manage to sit in a chair for just under an hour today and crochet for about 20 min but it was all I could take. I will see if I can do it tomorrow and if not will send it on to the next person in line.

so sorry, i forgot to tell tammy for my chapstick holder. its so cool. thank you again.

aww sweetie........ you're welcome!!!!:hug

I was able to make 3 twelve inch squares but that is about all I could handle for now so I had the DH mail out the hook. Debora keep your eyes peeled for it. It should be there in 2-3 days. I PM'd you and Bonnie the DC # so you can track it. Enjoy. Its a beautiful hook.

Thanks Bonnie. I tracked the hook and it looks like it made it to its next stop on Sept 4th. I hope she is enjoying it. Jimbo really made a great hook for this. Its so pretty and glides through the yarn. The case is very pretty too.

Yes, Jimbo's hook is wonderful -- Tammy, you described it perfectly. It does glide right through my stitches!

I am working on a project for the auction, but also trying to get a few afghan squares made as well. Nice that my time hit on a holiday weekend -- *grin* -- but I am taking it to work today just incase I have some down time!

Bonnie, please PM the next person'e address as well as your own to send the squares. Thank you!

Debora

Completed a bag for the auction (hopefully photo shows here) and a few squares for the afghan. This is a great project and I know I got as much out of it as I have contributed. Thanks for sharing!

Debora

Edited -- photo didn't show -- but here it is on flickr --

yellow-blue-bag

Archived