Traveling hook III- raising awareness for FA . UPDATE !!!!post #509

angelfire

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi All,

Just a note to say..... YYYYYIIIIPPPPPEEEEEEEEEE! :yay:yay:yay

The beautiful hook arrived here 5 minutes ago and I can't wait to get started. I have plans and plans... I only hope I can get through them in a week. :)

I'll keep you posted.

Happy crocheting,

Have fun Nacy, I love Jimbo's hooks. They are made with love and just a touch of humor that makes them very special, and remember thst everyone that y=use the hook has a chance to own it in the random drawing at the end.:cheer

Hi All,

My week has just flown by! All too soon it will be time to part with this wonderful hook. I've really enjoyed using it. I can now say with certainty this is the best hook I've ever used and probably will ever get to use. The love does show through Jimbo. Thank you for making this all possible. :hugAngelfire, thank you for all the extra work you do to make this run smoothly. It wouldn't be possible without either of you. :hug

I'm now finishing up my 19th square. I'll get another one done tonight while I watch the Pens play. Then I'll be ready to send the hook on. I do have another project started but it would be unfair of me to keep the hook longer than my week. I'll finish the baby blanket with my Clover hook and send it to be auctioned as soon as it's done. (Next week, I hope!) I also hope my little part will help make a difference to someone afflicted with FA.

In a conversation with Jimbo (during his somewhat devious Easter Egg Hook Hunt :lol) I learned that the hook had a case and a journal when it started its journey. Unfortunately, neither the case or the journal are still traveling with this beautiful hook. I've taken the liberty of making a new case to help protect it in it's travels.

Please PM me the name and address of the next lucky crochetier,

Thanks for allowing me to be a part of this worthy cause,

Nancy

Nancy -

The hook was wrapped in felt when I got it, and in my rush to send it out, I forgot about it. :( I had intended to make a case for it myself but never got to it. Thanks so much for doing that. A piece of art like that needs a beautiful wrapper!

The original had a case, but alas when I had the replacement sent out because of misfortune it didn't get to stay as warm

No worries Angelfire and Krystal. It's now snug as a bug and I considered it an honor to be able to contribute.

Here's a pic. It wasn't easy designing something I thought was worthy of this beautiful hook. I did my best. It will have to do.

th_DSCN0036.jpg click me!

Happy crocheting!

Hi All,

I'm just back from my post office. The delivery

confirmation number is:

0306 1070 0003 1378 0191

I'll be spending today tucking in ends and getting a package ready for angelfire. Final total = 20 squares

I hope you have as much fun as I did!

YAY! :cheer:cheer:cheer It's my turn with the hook! Now I gotta go get busy with it!

It's such an awesome Jimbo hook and I can't wait to work with it. The case that was made for the Traveling Hook is BEAUTIFUL! I marvel at everyone's talent and ingenuity....Ladies, you are all amazing! :yes

Not only did I get the hook, but I got a GORGEOUS bookmark along with it. Thank you missmaxx! You are a sweetheart! I can't believe how you are an expert with the roll stitch. I still have trouble with that one, lol....but I'm working on it :yes:lol Thank you, thank you, thank you! :hug:hug I will post a picture as soon as I get the chance, but for now, I gotta get to work on my squares for FARA!

Awww Krystal, no worries. Gift items are not important, or expected. I just happened to have a few minutes and wanted to send along a little something. I do believe in a "pay it forward" philosophy when it comes to charity work like the Traveling hook III project but we're already all connected by that gorgeous hook! :D

BTW - 6 of my squares are made from your beautiful daisy square pattern so you have sent me a gift. Thank you!

happy crocheting,

missmaxx, okay, I have to ask, if you don't mind, what is the pattern for that gorgeous heart pattern in the icon picture next to your name? Is the pattern from a book or online somewhere? Oh for goodness sake, what is the name of it? I'd love to find that pattern somewhere.....it really is a pretty one! :hug

missmaxx, okay, I have to ask, if you don't mind, what is the pattern for that gorgeous heart pattern in the icon picture next to your name? Is the pattern from a book or online somewhere? Oh for goodness sake, what is the name of it? I'd love to find that pattern somewhere.....it really is a pretty one! :hug

Hi Daisy,

The heart pattern is a coaster I got form Marika (marikamum) for my birthday. Are you on Ravelry? She's Marikamum on there too and has the placemats and coasters she made for me in her projects list. I think the coaster was from a Talking Crochet Newsletter with Carol Alexander and the matching placemats from Coats and Clark (Options pattern). The link on Marika's page doesn't seem to be working though so I can't be sure. Marika is currently on vacation and will be back home in Oz in a week or two. I can ask her for you when she gets back. It' s a lovely set and I was thrilled to recieve such a beautiful birthday gift.

happy crocheting,

Oh my goodness, missmaxx, you don't have to go through all that trouble for me. I just thought it would be an easier pattern to find. I do not belong to Ravelry, so I would not be able to look it up. Thank you for trying though. You are a sweetheart! :hugMaybe I can look up the placemats at the Coats and Clark website. It's funny when you happen to see a pattern design, that really catches your eye, and then you want it badly, LOL. Thank you for caring. :hug

Hi Daisy,

The heart pattern is a coaster I got form Marika (marikamum) for my birthday. Are you on Ravelry? She's Marikamum on there too and has the placemats and coasters she made for me in her projects list. I think the coaster was from a Talking Crochet Newsletter with Carol Alexander and the matching placemats from Coats and Clark (Options pattern). The link on Marika's page doesn't seem to be working though so I can't be sure. Marika is currently on vacation and will be back home in Oz in a week or two. I can ask her for you when she gets back. It' s a lovely set and I was thrilled to recieve such a beautiful birthday gift.

happy crocheting,

What size are the blocks suposed to be for the FARA gahn? I cant find a size. :think Im going to use my own jimbo hook for them.

Hi Evelyn,

I made 8" squares. Lucky you, to have your own Jimbo! I'm green with envy. :yes

:lol:lol:lol

No worries Angelfire and Krystal. It's now snug as a bug and I considered it an honor to be able to contribute.

Here's a pic. It wasn't easy designing something I thought was worthy of this beautiful hook. I did my best. It will have to do.

th_DSCN0036.jpg click me!

Happy crocheting!

hook sent, hook received , squares received, item sent to Jimbo

tris4crochet

TheLadyWind

tracyleigh

Cherri

grannyannie

CrisKad/Desiree

Jadyn05

Inga (Ireland)made item for auction to held in WA

chrissyf

wildthing1058

JoAnn

CandEsmom*

Juanita*

Krystal16*

MissMaxx

Daisy*

loopy1*

jmccrochet*

kittyloverdeb*

LindaL*

JoBug*

teakaycee*

nana*

wiz3283*

DeboraS*

mbcindy*

Segi1974*

Brina*

coolhockeymom*

angelfire*

I wanted to let you know what the list looks like right now.

Nancy the hook case is lovely:hug, and it was nice to hear that Daisy received a wonderful bookmark. I am sorry I haven't been here, I have had some terrible family and health issues that I am dealing with and haven't been online anywhere except a brief pm to send out next address.

Daisy, have fun and Loopy1 be on the lookout daisy is a speed demon and will be sending it sooner than you know. :eek

Me, a speed demon? :rofl:rofl:rofl:devil

Loopy, pretty soon now, you will be getting the hook. I will be mailing it out on Monday. I got my squares done. I can't do any today, because it's hubby's birthday and the kids are all going to be here. Even though I had my turn and I will be sad to see the hook go, I am glad that I had my time with it now......as I will be going in for shoulder surgery soon...got a torn tendon in the rotary cuff. so I won't be able to use my hand and arm for a while. Anyhoo......may the hook move on joyfully as we reach a memorable goal for FARA. Best of wishes to all. Happy Hooking! :hook:crocheting

Archived