Traveling hook III- raising awareness for FA . UPDATE !!!!post #509

angelfire

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:rofl:rofl:rofl OMG, Ada! I'm laughing so hard right now! Not at you, but because as I was packaging "Jessica" up to send to you, I was talking to her and mentioned her name. My poor husband thought that I totally lost it! :rofl:rofl:rofl "WHAT, you name your hooks now?!" Ahhh, I can still hear his voice:rofl:rofl:rofl Thanks for starting my morning off on a great note! :rofl:rofl:rofl

This is all too much! I'm gonna tell Jessica that she's named after a famous crochet hook! Ha!!

Really you guys are just incredible! I'm so proud i could pop. Not that i just ate a big plate of biscuits and gravy (please don't tell Karol... i'm supposed to be on a diet). Breakfast is a weekly outing thing i do with the breakfast boys (we call ourselves the "Gray Coupons" cause we use coupons to minimize our weekly breakfast outings. The "Gray" part is for those in the group who are hair pigment challenged.)

Thanks again for what you're doing! With this kind of participation, FA is starting to shake in its ugly boots! In fact we've made the FA news! I'll do a separate post to let the whole Crochetville world know.

Your VERY grateful

Jimbo

Dials 1-800-Call Karol and reports Jimbo's diet violation :rofl

Glad to help out such a worthy cause Jimbo....

I'd love to see the FARA news, you have peeked my interest!

These are the last of the squares I am making with the hook, I have it all boxed up and ready to send to ireland tomorrow, I hope it has a safe travel across the sea....

Oh, and if it keeps traveling in the box I got it in, a brown lunch bag is the perfect size to wrap it in to put on the name and address :)

I got some good stash busting done, these are squares: 74,3,7,40, 53, and 13 from the 200 crochet blocks book, I was hoping to get more done, but I've battled a migraine and lost most of the weekend, I ended up getting 17 squares done with Jessica, she is GREAT to work with, but I look forward to getting more done with Clark and Lacey.

th_DSC01254.jpg

th_DSC01253.jpg

th_DSC01252.jpg

The light purple in these squares is all gone now :yay

th_DSC01251.jpg

th_DSC01249.jpg

This square was so fun to make!

th_DSC01250.jpg

Hope these meet everyone's approval!

I wanted to share some of the drama that's been happening here ever since Jessica showed up....

Here is Lacey, a happy well adjusted crochet hook... (i know, i know you're thinking "who on earth NAMES their crochet hooks?!?" and I'll tell ya... the lady who spends $42 on them does :lol)... Lacey was recently welcomed into her new home here in Pennsylvania, has been shown nothing but love and affection since she got here, and has adapted very well since leaving Jimbo's country home... :hook:yarn

th_DSC01221.jpg

I tried introducing Jessica to Lacey, thought since they are from the same homeland they'd hit it off talking about the old days by the creek... Well, as you can see Lacey turned her back to Jessica, as Jessica pleaded that they could be friends... :(

th_DSC01222.jpg

As Lacey threw a fit and started gathering the purple yarn about her Clark happened by, he kept Jessica from walking away while he talked some sense into Lacey. (See, Clark was adopted a little bit before Lacey, and she knows her big brother understands how she feels, and she listens to him.) He assured Lacey her place in our home is secure, and that she's not going anywhere, and it's unbecoming a lady to be rude to a guest! :yes:angry

th_DSC01223.jpg

Lacey finally had a change of heart, and welcomed Jessica with the ceremonial sharing of the purple yarn, it had to be purple, because it's the most precious yarn in the basket, this was a true sign that Lacey had accepted Jessica and was glad to have her visiting.:cheer

th_DSC01224.jpg

Feeling pleased with himself Clark sat proudly in the yarn valley with his sister and their new friend, gazing out at the endless strands and wondering what beautiful items they would make of it all.....:c9

th_DSC01225.jpg

Now i'm wondering how I'm going to handle sending Jessica away, Lacey has become quite fond of her.....:think

:lol

Ada has had to send "Jessica" traveling to visit some distant relatives in Ireland where she will be able to find some creativity to bring back with her. I know that she will miss her greatly but I am sure that "Jessica" will not forget her time with Ada and the girls.

The hook arrived safely in Ireland, I am happy to see it getting to spend vacation with Inga, I would have been happier if I could have had delivered it and gone on vacation too.

Me, too! That's one place I'd love to go!:yes

OH, I am so glad it made there in time :yay I was sweating waiting.... hubby will be glad to know it worked out all right too :woo

These are the last of the squares I am making with the hook, I have it all boxed up and ready to send to ireland tomorrow, I hope it has a safe travel across the sea....

Oh, and if it keeps traveling in the box I got it in, a brown lunch bag is the perfect size to wrap it in to put on the name and address :)

I got some good stash busting done, these are squares: 74,3,7,40, 53, and 13 from the 200 crochet blocks book, I was hoping to get more done, but I've battled a migraine and lost most of the weekend, I ended up getting 17 squares done with Jessica, she is GREAT to work with, but I look forward to getting more done with Clark and Lacey.

th_DSC01254.jpg

th_DSC01253.jpg

th_DSC01252.jpg

The light purple in these squares is all gone now :yay

th_DSC01251.jpg

th_DSC01249.jpg

This square was so fun to make!

th_DSC01250.jpg

Hope these meet everyone's approval!

squares are beautiful

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings everyone!!! The "Greek Games" will be here before we know it and it's time to rally the troops!!! The FARA Team is now recruiting members. :party If you would like to make an item, or squares, to be auctioned off by Jimbo to benefit FARA, please join our team and HELP AXE ATAXIA!!!!!!!!!! :ghug Let's kick some Ataxia butt!!:kick

Greetings everyone!!! The "Greek Games" will be here before we know it and it's time to rally the troops!!! The FARA Team is now recruiting members. :party If you would like to make an item, or squares, to be auctioned off by Jimbo to benefit FARA, please join our team and HELP AXE ATAXIA!!!!!!!!!! :ghug Let's kick some Ataxia butt!!:kick

FARA? :think

FA is a degererative, life shortening condition that affects mostly kids. Its a hideous thing that drags the body down without affecting the mind. Inherited from parents with like genes so its not a common disease but tell that to the thousands of famlies who face FA and hope for a cure without much in the way of Government funding for research. Still, progress has been made and there is a good liklihood that treatment or a cure is around the corner.

Please take a look at http://www.curefa.org/families/ and read some stories about some of the FA kids. And when you do.. please consider passing the link on to others.

Thanks!!

Jimbo

• 3 weeks later...

Archived