Traveling hook III- raising awareness for FA . UPDATE !!!!post #509

angelfire

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the squares are only to made with the Jimbo hook. Does that mean we can't make any squares with our own H hooks while we are waiting for the Jimbo?

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeanie-

I think we are able to make our own squares while we wait for the hook to get here, it was something about the squares made with the actual hook going to be joined together with other squares made specifically with the hook.... I think anyway, if i remember what i remember correctly and havn't made up what I remember in my head... :rofl

Jeanie-

I think we are able to make our own squares while we wait for the hook to get here, it was something about the squares made with the actual hook going to be joined together with other squares made specifically with the hook.... I think anyway, if i remember what i remember correctly and havn't made up what I remember in my head... :rofl

LOL! I'm so confused! I haven't made up any squares yet. Just waiting for the hook to arrive, but who knows when that will be?:think I've got the blue and white yarn, and the earth tones all stashed and ready!:crocheting Hopefully we'll figure this out soon, lol!

I'm sorry, Bonnie, for imposing upon you during this time. I thought someone else might know the answers as well. Thank you for the info. I would have been using only royal blue and white otherwise.

I pray the problems with your eyesight will soon be healed. God bless you! :hug

you weren't imposing, the questions help every0ne un derstand better.:manyheart

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the squares are only to made with the Jimbo hook. Does that mean we can't make any squares with our own H hooks while we are waiting for the Jimbo?

you may make as many 8" squares as you would like to while you are waiting, it will just help raise more money for research ( once that is set up properly)and more blankets for recepients.

the squares made with the actual hook going to be joined together with other squares made specifically with the hook.... I think anyway, if i remember what i remember correctly and haven't made up what I remember in my head... :rofl

No Ada you are perfectly correct that those squares made with the hook will go into a special afghan. The rest will be joined togethr as well, to make more afghans for the cause.

LOL! I'm so confused! I haven't made up any squares yet. Just waiting for the hook to arrive, but who knows when that will be?:think I've got the blue and white yarn, and the earth tones all stashed and ready!:crocheting Hopefully we'll figure this out soon, lol!

Feel free to start. I am waiting on two addresses before I start the "official traveling schedule".:yay

Ada, yep, I think you're definitely over the rainbow! :lol Or you are an expert at creative writing. :pencil:laughroll

Thanks for clearing all that up :? :? :think

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

And thanks for the laughs!

Jeanie-

you weren't imposing, the questions help every0ne un derstand better.:manyheart

you may make as many 8" squares as you would like to while you are waiting, it will just help raise more money for research ( once that is set up properly)and more blankets for recepients.

No Ada you are perfectly correct that those squares made with the hook will go into a special afghan. The rest will be joined togethr as well, to make more afghans for the cause.

Feel free to start. I am waiting on two addresses before I start the "official traveling schedule".:yay

All right! Glad to have that cleared up. Thanks!

So all squares we make with our own H hook will be afghan'd together and all Jimbo squares will be afghan'd together. That's cool! :2rock (I know there's a smiley in here with sunglasses but I couldn't find him. :()

Glad to hear we're soon to have an "official traveling schedule", too! :yay

I am happy to answer any questions. I will be working on the reaveling schedule the way that it is now. I will change the order of the names as soon as it is completed. Right now they are semi - alphabetical and it is headed to Cris Kad.

:cheer:cheer The Traveling hook is here!!! :cheer:cheer

My friend is going to use it first for 5 days and then it will be my turn. Soooo excited!!! :clap

Time to crochet :hook

I have a thought.... for the 8" squares that I make while I'm waiting for the traveling hook... I'll use my CHOPHOOK!!!!

Tracy Leigh your squares have arrived and are safely tucked away until I receive more. PS the toys for the Heroes project arrived also.

Oh, I am so glad they made it. Thank you for letting me know.

I designed a square tonight using my chophook! It's 8" and pretty spiffy if I do say so myself, the pattern is on my blog, so if you want it pop on over and check it out!

th_DSC01121.jpg

Very pretty, Ada! And you're giving the pattern away! That's just special!

Thanks for helping with FARA!

Jimbo

I designed a square tonight using my chophook! It's 8" and pretty spiffy if I do say so myself, the pattern is on my blog, so if you want it pop on over and check it out!

th_DSC01121.jpg

It's very pretty! Thanks for sharing the pattern! :cheer

Archived