Traveling hook III- raising awareness for FA . UPDATE !!!!post #509

angelfire

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I asked in an earlier post if there is a list anywhere that has what order the hook will go in. Do we know the answer to this yet? Just curious because I read it was back in the mail but it wasn't mentioned to where.

Can't wait to do this Traveling Hook! Angelfire, will you post a listing of who gets the hook next for this one?

I will post a listing as soon as we have a few more people sign -up. I am trying to do this geographically as before:cheerI started it as i received it beforethe list was ready. I will be working on a temporary list this weekend. The next person receiving it will be TheLadyWind. There are three people in her home that are going to use it, she is going to have it 15 days.

I am so excited! I just can't hide it! LOL (yes the song is going through my head)

My mother and grandmother are happy too! My grandmother will be the first to use it because she is going to have cateract surgery on the 25th and won't be able to crochet after that for awhile. Then my mother, then me :) Isn't it great when the family gets involved in your projects! I wish my sister would learn to crochet more...LOL she is a knitwit and doesn't want to convert LOL..*HUGS*

I am so excited! I just can't hide it! LOL (yes the song is going through my head)

My mother and grandmother are happy too! My grandmother will be the first to use it because she is going to have cateract surgery on the 25th and won't be able to crochet after that for awhile. Then my mother, then me :) Isn't it great when the family gets involved in your projects! I wish my sister would learn to crochet more...LOL she is a knitwit and doesn't want to convert LOL..*HUGS*

Woo hoo! I am so excited for you.:clap We will just have to work on recruting your sister. I made a deal with my knitting friends that I would learn to knit if they would learn to crochet. It worked! I still prefer crochet and they prefer knit but it is great to be able to do both now. May you can do the same with your sister. Congrats on the hook commin gyour way. Happy crocheting!!!!:crocheting:hook

:manyheart Thank you! For a second, I thought Jimbo might be pulling my leg. :) Jimbo is very generous for doing so. :manyheart

This community is wonderful and I'm glad to be a part of it.

angelfire, I'm going to send you another e-mail. I was telling a good friend of mine about this and she wants to participate too! The next step is getting her to sign up to Crochetville.

:manyheart Thank you! For a second, I thought Jimbo might be pulling my leg. :)

I wouldn't fool YOU, CrisKad... and the hook's in the mail. I mosey'd down to the Post Office today and sent it flying. Should be in your talented hands in a couple days.

Jimbo

:manyheart Thank you! For a second, I thought Jimbo might be pulling my leg. :)

I wouldn't fool YOU, CrisKad... and the hook's in the mail. I mosey'd down to the Post Office today and sent it flying. Should be in your talented hands in a couple days.

Jimbo

Thank you, thank you, thank you! :c9

I have the HOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the case is so pretty! Angelfire, good work on it!

Oh Jimbo, the hook is gorgeous! I am in love with this hook! I can't wait to start working on it tonight!

Mom and Grandma are drooling over it

I have the HOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the case is so pretty! Angelfire, good work on it!

Oh Jimbo, the hook is gorgeous! I am in love with this hook! I can't wait to start working on it tonight!

Mom and Grandma are drooling over it

I'm pretty jealous! And by the way, TheLadyWind, didn't you say something about Grandma using it first? :devil Can't let it go already, huh? :lol Enjoy! :hug I can't wait till it's my turn. :yes

I'm pretty jealous! And by the way, TheLadyWind, didn't you say something about Grandma using it first? :devil Can't let it go already, huh? :lol Enjoy! :hug I can't wait till it's my turn. :yes

LOL Yeah I know but..the hook is sooo purty! its like butter! besides...I crochet faster then her lol...(trying to think of more excuses) and I will be away all of next week..so she and mom will have it then....

I want to use it! lol

I can hardly wait till it's my turn!!! I am honored and greatful to be a part of this project.

May I put a link to this on my blog? Or rather, to the TravelingHook blog and Jimboos , and whoever elses' blog pertaining to this project?

you can put links to all of them. The more awareness the better

I am so tired...it had been such a busy day today. I managed to do two squares with the Jessica Hook. :hook

I did the earth tone ones first :)

2335917191_c975b867b5_m.jpg

2336751754_492b3555e3_m.jpg

Working with that hook is awesome. It is so smooth, I can't fathom

how Jimbo got it so perfect. I had to get used to the handle. It is

thicker than my usual hooks so I felt that my muscles in my hand were

being used differently. It was so nice though.

Tomorrow I am going to work on a couple of FA squares with that hook,

then give it to my mom (I have to get her an easy pattern--I only

recently taught her how to crochet and she can read the simple

patterns) any recommendations?....

I will have to teach my grandmother a square pattern, or work with

her on one. She doesn't know how to read patterns but she is quick to

learn different stitches and patterns.

You all are going to love this hook!

I apologize if this is not the apropriate places to post this on but ....

I received my chop hooks from Jimbo in the mail yesterday! Incredible!!! I am keeping one and selling the others at my Etsy shop. All of the proceeds will be going to Friedreich's Ataxia Research Alliance. Thank you Jimbo, they are amazing. They are so fun & easy to use! I love it!!!

Archived