Traveling hook III- raising awareness for FA . UPDATE !!!!post #509

angelfire

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drop dead gorgeous. You could frame any one of those and have a purty little wall hanging!

You deed eet agane, mah Cherri !

those are beautiful squares oh yeah i am inspired i emailed angelfire to join up and as soon as i finish the doily that is kicking my butt so to speak...frogged three times in two days...i will start i am going to design my own square for this.

Wow, you guys are so sweet. Thanks. :hug I wasn't going to post any more pics but now I'm inspired. Here are my squares for Sunday & Monday. I only have two days left and Thursday the hook will be on it's journey again. :yes

th_P5130011.jpg

th_P5130012.jpg

th_P5130013.jpg

th_P5130014.jpg

th_P5130015.jpg

th_P5130016.jpg

th_P5130017.jpg

th_P5130018.jpg

th_P5130019.jpg

Cherri-

Again, such BEAUTIFUL squares!!! Have you been using patterns found online or in a book?? Making em up yourself? They're gorgeous! I went to CPC this morning and printed out a few squares that I really like for when I have the hook here :yay

Cherri-

Again, such BEAUTIFUL squares!!! Have you been using patterns found online or in a book?? Making em up yourself? They're gorgeous! I went to CPC this morning and printed out a few squares that I really like for when I have the hook here :yay

Thanks, Ada. :hug I've been using a little of everything. Some are online, some are from 101 Crochet Squares by Jean Leinhauser, some are from 99 Granny Squares to Crochet by Leisure Arts and I can't remember what else. :lol I tend to change them some to make them 8". I've been having fun trying new ones. I've only had to throw 1 away so far (it was way too ugly :lol). I hope you get the hook soon. :manyheart

I just ordered the book 200 blocks to crochet to help me with making squares :yay Not just with this project, but for all the charity projects I'm in!

Cherri,

I'm doing a lapghan version of the double wedding ring quilt that I was gonna send in to be auctioned with the other FARA items... can I still be on your team you think, or only if I'm doing actual squares??

Hi everyone. :hug I just joined the Crochet Games of Ancient Greece to make squares for FA. Would anyone like to join me and form a team? Come on, it will be fun! :clap:clap:cheer

Cherri,

I'm doing a lapghan version of the double wedding ring quilt that I was gonna send in to be auctioned with the other FARA items... can I still be on your team you think, or only if I'm doing actual squares??

I'd love it!!!!! :clap:hug Our team should be for any FARA items. What do you think?

I think that would be great Cherri! The FARA Team at the C-GAGs (that's what my husband has shortened the crochet games of ancient greece to), would certainly make it even more fun!

.... am i allowed to pop my hubby if he keeps calling me a crolympian? :rofl

Oh, so I wanted to show you all my Axe Ataxia Purse, it's small, my summer handbag, just big enough to hold my identification and some cash, I used the pattern for Dot's Ditty bag...

th_DSC01159.jpg

I think that would be great Cherri! The FARA Team at the C-GAGs (that's what my husband has shortened the crochet games of ancient greece to), would certainly make it even more fun!

Oh, so I wanted to show you all my Axe Ataxia Purse, it's small, my summer handbag, just big enough to hold my identification and some cash, I used the pattern for Dot's Ditty bag...

th_DSC01159.jpg

:rofl Your hubby sounds like quite the character! We are now a TEAM!!! :clap:cheer "The FARA Team" (at the C-GAGs):lol. I'll post on the other thread to see how to make it official.

And... your purse is adorable. :manyheart

th_DSC01159.jpg

absolutely pop him.

as for the bag that is a great idea. The other night while i was supposed to be trying to sleep I was working a pattern around in my head. an axe done in thread with FA done in thread as well and put on a pin. then give to all your friends when they ask what FA is then you can tell em and ask them to wear a pin and pass it along. now to work it out and get started

The purse is great. I'm considering jumping in on the FARA team, but I'm still thinking about it. I have time, right?!

Joyce

th_DSC01159.jpg

That sounds great, my little axe isn't all that big, hubby was telling me I should put a pin on it so I could change it between my bags and always have it with me..

I'd love the pattern for yours when you get it done, sounds great!

absolutely pop him.

as for the bag that is a great idea. The other night while i was supposed to be trying to sleep I was working a pattern around in my head. an axe done in thread with FA done in thread as well and put on a pin. then give to all your friends when they ask what FA is then you can tell em and ask them to wear a pin and pass it along. now to work it out and get started

Ok, I've made Wednesday my official FARA day, after I finished the purse I made 4 squares with my handy dandy chophook... none are of my own design, the circle one came from the 63 more squares to make book, and the solid ones are tiny versions of the Diagonal Hues blanket...

th_DSC01162.jpg

I'm throwing these in the ziplock bag with my others, slowly they're starting to add up. And I'm ALMOST out of these two colors, then I'll move on to my next two :)

I mailed the hook out this morning! :clap I really enjoyed participating. I ended up with 40 squares. Bye, bye beautiful hook. :cry:) Now to make squares for the Charity Blitz - I'm so behind! :eek

Bonnie, I'll mail the stuff to you next week. :hug

Archived