Traveling hook III- raising awareness for FA . UPDATE !!!!post #509

angelfire

You don't suppose Willey crochets? How cool would that be!

Course now i'm gonna be singing that song in my head all day.

Its on the road agin

Travelin hook is on the road again

Makin afgan squares with friends

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chrissy,

The hook is headed your way. It was sent out yesterday and hubby left DC# in his work van. I will post it later.

Have fun.

ohhhh goodie well I had better get to designing the squares I want to make then so when it gets here I can get them finished.

due to all the construction around me my mail came at 10 am but my packages arrived at 4pm...It has arrived...now to stash dive to find the yarn and get started

Wz and mbcindy,

You have both been added to trveling schedule.:hug

:cheerYEAH!!!!

due to all the construction around me my mail came at 10 am but my packages arrived at 4pm...It has arrived...now to stash dive to find the yarn and get started

Have fun using that wonderful hook. :clap It's a masterpiece!! :yes

well the magic has been derailed...hand numbness as creeped in and i am having trouble holding any hook:angry but i did manage to make some lovely squares...camera is again at a DJ event of course...and I cheated a bit:eek and made a few rectangles for HAP with it as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Well the crochet games has me thinking about all of you. Bonnie I'm hoping to get my 8" squares out to you this friday when I mail Jimbo the lapghan I made during the games, but it might be NEXT friday instead, not sure yet.

Well, I want to take a minute and say a big thank-you to Jimbo, or his elf (depending on if you believed him in the games thread when he said he had an elf). Those who watched the CGAG Team FA Awareness thread know that during the games, I lost my Lacey (a prized hook made by Jimbo).... well today my daughter goes out to check the mail and comes in with that signature box of Jimbo's and I inspect the package and learn it is from Jimbo's Hook Insurance company...which is funny because I didn't remember signing the paperwork to purchase the policy...maybe I have an elf too??

Here is what was inside the box:

th_DSC01419.jpg

This beauty has yet to be named, but most certainly will be after i've used her a time or two.

Thanks so much Jimbo for your kindness and generosity. It is truly and sincerely appreciated. :c9

He (or his insurance comapny) is just so awesome! GLad you got a replacement

Joyce

Well, I want to take a minute and say a big thank-you to Jimbo, or his elf (depending on if you believed him in the games thread when he said he had an elf). Those who watched the CGAG Team FA Awareness thread know that during the games, I lost my Lacey (a prized hook made by Jimbo).... well today my daughter goes out to check the mail and comes in with that signature box of Jimbo's and I inspect the package and learn it is from Jimbo's Hook Insurance company...which is funny because I didn't remember signing the paperwork to purchase the policy...maybe I have an elf too??

th_DSC01419.jpg

This beauty has yet to be named, but most certainly will be after i've used her a time or two.

Thanks so much Jimbo for your kindness and generosity. It is truly and sincerely appreciated. :c9

th_DSC01419.jpg

It's beautiful, Ada! That Jimbo sure is a sweetie-pie!

Now if only ALL insurance companies were that easy to work with! :lol :lol

th_DSC01419.jpg

:hugIt is nice that your policy came free with the hook, lovely replacement. Jimbo has amazing talents in those pinkie's of his.

No rush on sending the squares, wait until the time is right.:hug

th_DSC01419.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi AngelFire,

I would love to join in on the traveling hook for Axe Ataxia. I'm a disabled nurse and will put my heart into this project. Just let me know what I need to do. Thanks and God bless.

Carol W. in NC

Hi Angelfire and all,

I am afraid that I may need to be excused from this project. I am on the list and am unsure if my turn with the hook will be around my due date of March 5, 2009. I am really not sure what I should do? I would love to be a part of this awesome project, especially since I am living with this condition. You all are amazing and I cannot find the words to express my heartfelt thanks in helping to 'Axe Ataxia'.

Ladies, if you are scheduled around a time that you are not able to use it I am sure we can change you position. Please send me your info if you are interested in joining.

edit: I am looking for Gail B. does anyone know her Crochetville name?

I wasn't sure where to post this, and it's not a great pic, but I completed a shawl, my third item for the October auction.

th_DSCF0811.jpg

It's CroJulee's pattern, and a wonderful pattern at that.

Enjoy

Joyce

this is the latest afghan put together from donated squares from participants

faawareness002_edited.jpg

forgot to add; this one will be going to Jimbo for the FA auction along with my own personal contribution.

Bonnie, it's GORGEOUS!!!!! Great job. Thanks so much for all you're doing. :hug

Archived