And the "Brainless Twit" award goes too....

photojenic

ME!

I'm standing in the checkout line at StuffMart. The cover of Cosmo catches my eye. There's some bombshell on the cover wearing a dress that looks like a slip. Except the "bust" portion of the dress is either knitted or crocheted. I decide to take a closer look.

So there I am, peering at this lady's boobs, the magazine only two inches from my nose. The guy behind me says "She's really something, huh?"

"Uh...uh...," I say intelligently. At this point, I realize that the guy thinks that either A) I'm gay, or B) I'm gay. I decide to play cool. "Just looking at her dress," I mumble.

"Did you see her on TV last week?" he asks me politely. "Uh, no..." I mumble again. "Who is she?" I ask him, hoping that maybe he'll think I'm nearsighted and need new glasses.

"Jessica Simpson," he replied.

"Who's that?" I blurt out, belatedly realizing that my ignorance of modern entertainment personalities will probably make him think I either A) live in a cave, or B) have recently escaped from an Amish or Menonite community.

He gives me this funny look. I throw money at the cashier, who has found the conversation amusing, and yell, "I'm just trying to tell if the dress is knitted or crocheted!" I grab my bags and make my escape.

But deep in my heart I know....

They think I'm gay.

:lol:):)

My husband is convinced I'm certifiably insane with the way I make him pause and do slow-mo through movies now. I say "ooooh! That's crochet!!" and he just kinda rolls his eyes and then smiles.:blush

:laughroll Great story! I saw that issue at the checkout after reading this and had to buy it, lol.

OMG! :eek I did the exact same thing when I saw that (I didn't notice who it was on the cover either!). I'm thinkin':

Yeah - I think that's kind of like the bikini I made with a little extra underneath and I think I could do that and I wonder how they got the yarn to EXACTLY match the fabric and that must be really expensive yarn and I wonder what it is 'cause wool is just too warm but it doesn't look like cotton and...

Well, you get the picture. Anyway, the only thing I can say to make you feel less embarassed about your story is at least you weren't STROKING HER BREASTS(!) when the guy behind you makes the comment! :blush:blush:blush

I'll never be able to shop at QFC again!

:eek

:rofl :rofl :sofunny:laughroll:rofl

Oh geez. I missed this for a while but I am so glad that I read it now. Thanks so much....:day . Everyone thinks I am nuts for LM*A*O all by myself, but that's ok, because I needed this.

hehe...hehe...still laughing,

:rofl :rofl :rofl It is 6:30 am est here, A good way to start my day, I would not know the gal if she knocked on my front door. Thanks for the laugh. I am lauhging with you not at you.........heheheheheh...way to go girl!!!!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that was hysterical!!!! *lol* And I surely needed it today, too!!

Yeah... they think you're gay, but they think you're gay with really good taste in fashion... (or women)

Archived