Large, and I do mean large, pineapple doily! *Updated: pics of moms surprise*

THe look on your mom's face is priceless! I'm sure I'd have that look too if someone gave me such a georgeous doily!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks to everyone for such nice comments :) I started having a hard time with it towards the end, just because I wanted to get it finished, but I'm so glad I did! My mom's reaction was really worth it!

• 2 months later...

Wow that is big but it is so pretty love it. I bet she does too. i used crochet thread size ten on something too and it was way to big did not look right on what i made. but yours looks great did it take long time to make?

Somehow I missed your original post and have only just seen your doily. It is truly magnificent!

Thank you so much for posting those photos of your mom and dad. I was teary looking at them. You captured the moment so well! I bet these pictures make it all worthwhile, eh?

Christine, that has always been one of my favorite doily patterns. You did a great job. Thanks for sharing your mother's response. It's always great to see how people appreciate works-of-art. Your mother will always treasure this, even more since it came from you.

I had seen this thread early on, before you added those wonderful pics of your mom's reaction. I am sooo glad they are reorganizing this section of the forum - I have missed so many of these wonderful posts! I am really happy I got to see this now. You did a fabulous job on that doily, and those pictures of your mom receiving it are a real treasure! Way to go Christine! :cheer

• 11 months later...

The look on your moms' (and dads'!) face says it all! That's great. It is a beautiful doily, and I think someone already said this, but it's sure to become an heirloom! :clap

Tina

Archived