Large, and I do mean large, pineapple doily! *Updated: pics of moms surprise*

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW! This is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! If your mom doesn't like it, I have a beautiful home for it right here!!! :clap

OMG I think I would faint if someone made me that - it is absolutely gorgeous, spectacular, fantastic, splendid, super and I can't think of any other words to describe it

Thanks for the info about the needle size! So glad your Mom loved her gift - the pictures were great!

Can't wait to get started, but first I have to get some WIP's whittled down!

Laurie

Christine that is absolutely stunning!! :yes Wow! And your parents look absolutely thrilled, thanks so much for sharing those pictures with us too! :clap

Sunshine, when you get started on this doily, don't let what I wrote in my blog discourage you lol. It really is a (mostly) easy pattern, just very tedious. The end results are definitely worth it though!

It is really beautiful Christine! I recently have wanted to start doing doilies, bookmarks, snowflakes, etc. I have so many other things going on right now though. I also am doing a granny square afghan in size 10 cotton thread.

:think

At first, I was just going to do a square to see how the thread would look. Then I got the bright idea to do an afghan. I am starting my 3rd ball of cotton and it only measures 24" x 22". Of course I started it when I couldn't read patterns and only knew how to do a granny square.

But now I see all the wonderful things you can make with it, and I can't wait to get some patterns.

Thanks for being one of the people that inspire me!

:devil

Holy Moley......that doily is HUGE!!!! The look on your mom's face in the middle picture is priceless!!!! Nice job!!!

Archived