Large, and I do mean large, pineapple doily! *Updated: pics of moms surprise*

I really cut it close this Mother's day gift wise! I started this pineapple doily about three weeks ago and just finished it today. The pattern suggests size 30 thread, but I decided to use size 10 instead. The results were a 29 inch doily instead of an 18 inch doily! :eek

I'm very proud, as this is the largest thread project I've ever attempted. Hope my mom likes it!

More about my trials with this monster in my blog.

(Clickable thumbnails)

th_fulldoily.jpg

th_doilyside.jpg

th_doilycenter.jpg

My mom completely fell in love with her doily, I'm so happy! She'd probably kill me if she knew I was posting pictures with her in "work clothes", but I had to show everyone the look of shock on her face (as well as my dads!)

th_suprizedoily.jpg

th_suprizedoily2.jpg

th_suprizedoily3.jpg

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow!! That looks gorgeous! Congrats for sticking with it and finishing your "Demon Doily" as you labeled it in your blog!! I would have called it quits after 10 hours, let alone working on it for over 80 hours :eek You have every right to be very proud of it! It is beautiful and sure to be cherished by your mum!

A friend of mine went the other way and did it in size 100 thread. It was stunning. I love this pattern regardless of what thread it's done in. Do it in a size 5 or 8 and you've got a table topper!

What an impressive doily - It's gorgeous! Congratulations :yay on finishing! Your mom will love it! Thanks so much for sharing the pattern!

Beautiful doily! I wish I had the nerve to even attempt one but they overwhelm me just looking at them. Kudos to you!

Archived