Are We doing anything for Valentine's Day CAL

darski

here is my valentine doily . Done following the pattern posted by Granny Square. Thanks for the neat pattern . I stopped with this round as it was getting bigger and I don't have place for it:) Made with Knitting cotton and size 2.25mm hookheartsaround.jpg

Granny square I love your heart doily looks so very different from the one in the link you provided! Now I have to make that too! I just love hearts and flowers!!!! maybe I will make two and put in some flowers in the middle!

Thanks for all the neat inspirations!

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
here is my valentine doily . Done following the pattern posted by Granny Square. Thanks for the neat pattern . I stopped with this round as it was getting bigger and I don't have place for it:) Made with Knitting cotton and size 2.25mm hookheartsaround.jpg

Granny square I love your heart doily

Thanks for all the neat inspirations!

That looks great! :manyheart I agree about Granny's development of the basic pattern.

Crochetfool, I like the 2 color combo on your doily:manyheart, it brings out the "little hearts" near the center:heart!! That's a fun little pattern, it works up quickly at that size. I'm glad you liked it.

Mis, the orginal heart was made in 3 shape-sections, for lack of a better word.

You start at the bottom and make increases at each side for 9 rows per the original pattern (I made 15 rows-it should be an odd number).

The next section worked straight for 4 rows per the original, I increased to 6 (by repeating the 10-11 row pattern three times instead of twice).

The last part had you work halfway across, turn around, and then decrease on each side to make the lobes. Because I hade more rows to decrease, I had 6 rows in this section where the original pattern had only 4.

For the edging, since my stitch and row counts were now completely different, I followed the pattern 'concept' but not the counts, if that makes sense. I had to do some 'fiddling' with the chain loops where the lobes came together, and at the tip, to end up with the picot motifs where I wanted them.

I finally got my yarn (Caron Simply Soft in soft pink) to make the shwal pattern that was posted on page 5 here. I plan to get started on the shawl this afternoon when I get home from work and will take it with me to work on when I go to my ladies craft day at the church tomorrow. I'll post updates as I have them :manyheart

I finally got my yarn (Caron Simply Soft in soft pink) to make the shwal pattern that was posted on page 5 here. I plan to get started on the shawl this afternoon when I get home from work and will take it with me to work on when I go to my ladies craft day at the church tomorrow. I'll post updates as I have them :manyheart

ooooo I just ordered some plum wine in SS. Can't wait for mine to come.

I am looking forward to your pics of the shawl. It is a great pattern.

Hey, by the way, here's the pattern link for the little hearts I whipped up this morning. I wrote out the pattern pretty quickly, but I checked it several times. Regardless, if you use it, please let me know if there is a problem/error with my instructions. I'm still learning how to do this!

American Folk-Art Style Heart Motif

I love this scarf so much! I am going to make one!:cheer

I had finally convinced myself to save on money and that I have enough shawls, so not to make that one, but once I see pictures, I may have to make it after all!

010908037-1.jpg

010908038.jpg

I just finished these .... I got the pattern from the new "Crochet!" March 2008 issue the pattern is called "pinwheel coasters". My first intention was to make them in solid pink, red, and lavender. But the pattern called for holding two threads togather so this is what I came up with. Cute huh?:manyheart

Good evening :manyheart I have worked a bit on my hearts shawl today and here are some (clicky) progress pictures:

half the shawl:

th_DSC07667.jpg

and the other half:

th_DSC07666.jpg

It is quite quick and easy :manyheart More pictures to come as I have more to show :yay

010908037-1.jpg

010908038.jpg

I just finished these .... I got the pattern from the new "Crochet!" March 2008 issue the pattern is called "pinwheel coasters". My first intention was to make them in solid pink, red, and lavender. But the pattern called for holding two threads togather so this is what I came up with. Cute huh?:manyheart

Those look great!!

Good evening :manyheart I have worked a bit on my hearts shawl today and here are some (clicky) progress pictures:

half the shawl:

th_DSC07667.jpg

and the other half:

th_DSC07666.jpg

It is quite quick and easy :manyheart More pictures to come as I have more to show :yay

That looks so neat! I am going to be making one, I can tell. The picture on the site looked neat, but seeing it by somebody else, it looks even better! Great job so far!

The hearts shawl is done!!

th_DSC07681.jpg

This was actually a pretty quick project! It's a bit small though I think. I'll get hubby to take a picture of it on my back once he gets home this evening. I'm also not sure if I really like the border either but I think it will grow on me :lol

Wow Karen! I can't belive that your already done with it! It is Gorgeous!!! Great job! I am in awe! AND I like the border!

Can I join this cal?

I decided to try this shawl this weekend since Micheals had yarn on sale. Since I prefer to start from the bottom corner, that's what I did. However, I choose RH and a size I hook (i didn't print the written instructions and just guessed on the hook size:blush). But that's ok. What ended up happening was that it was TOO BIG. So I frogged a row or two and just did the big heart in the top center. Then it wansn't quite long enough for me and I want the hearts to be lower (so my hair won't cover it up) I sketched out some small hearts on graph paper and am doing those on the top boarder. This was a super fast pattern. I want to do more filet shawls, I just enjoyed it so much. I haven't done filet crochet in years.

Debbi

PS: Karen, That is beautiful! I love the way yours turned out.

Okay I'm finally getting around to posting a couple pix.

Here is the V'day handbag I made from the My Little Tote pattern. I love this because it's just the right size to hold keys, wallet, and a couple other small items for a quick outing.

ValentinesMini-Bag1.jpg

And here is the Valentines Dress I came up with:

ValentinesDress.jpg

Well, obviously I need some help with the whole photo posting thing. Can anyone explain to me (or direct me to an explanation) how to make the pix appear smaller with clickable links to the original? Also, can we not post pix from Flickr? Thanks!!!

Archived