Are We doing anything for Valentine's Day CAL

darski

Last year we did a whole slew of projects using hearts or just lots of pink and white...

Will we be doing any of that good stuff this year.

As Usual, Rachel has done the hard work for us and we could get some ideas, inspiration and patterns here...

http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/directory/valentines_day.php

We also used other patterns that were regular and we changed them for our celebration...

So is anybody interested?

The stores are already decorated and ready to go... are we?

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome aboard all.

i think I might try the ditty bags this year as I really liked that last year

http://bythehook.blogdrive.com/archive/163.html

That tends to be a slow loading page :eek

I have a very pretty red yarn that could be used for that and I know a 4 year old who would like it. (I'm sure)

I'm in. I can use some V-day items. I'll start looking for patterns and post any that y'all might be interested in.

Thank you... all suggestions gratefully received.:manyheart

And welcome aboard y'all

Welcome aboard all.

i think I might try the ditty bags this year as I really liked that last year

http://bythehook.blogdrive.com/archive/163.html

That tends to be a slow loading page :eek

I have a very pretty red yarn that could be used for that and I know a 4 year old who would like it. (I'm sure)

Count me in too. I think this is the perfect size project with all I have to do here, lol. I like the looks of the ditty bag too.

I think I better get to it and I was thinking of doing a narrow scarf to put in it.

I like adapting this pattern for a little one... might even be time for fake fur :eek

I'm not really joining in, but I did buy a pattern last night that some you might like for this CAL.

http://craftandme.com/pattern.php

Scroll about 3/4 of the way down to a pair of bookmarks, one of which looks like hearts stacked on top of each other. It's not done in Valentine colors, but I can see it in pink and white, or red and white, or shades of pink, or....?

It was only a $1 for the pair of patterns, so it won't break the bank!

Can I join you. This would be my first cal as I am a fairly new member her. I like the ditty bag idea and the bookmark is adorable. That site also has a really cute TP cover with little hearts on it. It's shown in white, but you could do it in pink or red to decorate your bathroom for VD.

Debby

Can I join you. This would be my first cal as I am a fairly new member her. I like the ditty bag idea and the bookmark is adorable. That site also has a really cute TP cover with little hearts on it. It's shown in white, but you could do it in pink or red to decorate your bathroom for VD.

Debby

Glad you could join us. :hug this is a nice quick CAL so it makes a nice introduction to CAL's for you.

Krakovianka, thank you for the link. that is a cute pattern. I wonder if I could work from that idea for a scarf... hmmn:yay

I'm in! I just started improvising my own heart pattern for a scarf, and I might need to think of some other Valentine themed stuff--all for my Etsy shop! Thanks for starting up the CAL, Darski!

i'd like to join up, as well, if i may (1st CAL and this sounds right up my alley). i'd like to make a belt- red, fushia & pink hearts joined- working on a pattern and i'll note it down here when i get it laid out on paper. kind of like this...

2166357700_ceeecca8b4.jpg?v=0

but smoother :D

oh, and, PS... thiose Ditty bags are great! just looked at them and now i think i may have to make at least one of those, too :)

when I was a little girl my grandma made me an afghan with pink roses,well I found her pattern for it and I think that is the one that I am going to do,it was such a great memory from my childhood I'm hoping it will be for my dd too.

Hey, by the way, here's the pattern link for the little hearts I whipped up this morning. I wrote out the pattern pretty quickly, but I checked it several times. Regardless, if you use it, please let me know if there is a problem/error with my instructions. I'm still learning how to do this!

American Folk-Art Style Heart Motif

i'd like to join up, as well, if i may (1st CAL and this sounds right up my alley). i'd like to make a belt- red, fushia & pink hearts joined- working on a pattern and i'll note it down here when i get it laid out on paper. kind of like this...

2166357700_ceeecca8b4.jpg?v=0

but smoother :D

oh, and, PS... those Ditty bags are great! just looked at them and now i think i may have to make at least one of those, too :)

Well howdy from Ontario and welcome to the Ville and our CAL.

That will be a great project. I can't wait to see it made.

I have now finished my Ditty bag and I added an extra heart where the handle threads through the hole. I'll post a pic tomorrow most likely.

For my next trick, I am going to try an idea we had in last year's CAL. I am going to make a bag - likely in white - with a tic-tac-toe grid on the front. For the playing pieces, I am going to make hearts and flowers.

I think this will be a really neat gift for my little (2nd) cousin. I tend to keep her in mind for all the holidays as they come up.

If I can make my Love to Play Tic-Tac-Toe game work, I'll post the pattern.

Mine is a bit smaller because the yarn was a finer WW and I used a smaller hook (for me- a 5.mm)

ditty1.jpg

ditty2.jpg

I think I will fill it with Hershey's Kisses. does that seem like a plan or does anyone have other suggestions for a 4 yr old?

Wow Thank you everyone for sharing all your wonderful patterns. Now I don't know what to do first. LOL So many great ideas.

Darski, That bag is really pretty and I still like your original idea about putting a little stacked heart scarf in the bag. I am thinking about making a couple of those bags and scarves for a charity group that I am in right now. Wouldnt' that little ditty bag be really cute felted?? I wonder if it would end up small enough for an AG doll. Oh and I cannot wait to see your tic tac toe bag. Hope you are going to share that pattern.

Debby

Archived