Are We doing anything for Valentine's Day CAL

darski

I was in the middle of my ripple pillow and realized it's Valentine's-ey. I had a pillow form (darn clearance sales) and some leftover ILTY. I really like it.

2193947166_9d263ce289_m.jpg

I'm also posting my hearts blanket in progress. I'm not working on it for a while because the yarn is making me break out in hives. It was going very quickly and I like how it's coming out.

2193943950_b9e21b799b_m.jpg

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my goodness..This site just may be HAZARDOUS to MY FINGERS!!!!...lol...I'm having fun..My stash is small..Most of my goodies are STILL in Oregon :( So I would LOSE SEVERLY on the score keeping thingy...lol..V-Day here I come...lol

CyM- hives :eek what kind of yarn is it? I like the bright colors of your blanket and pillow!

Red Heart Super Saver. There's a thread about it over here. It's fine after it's washed, but before...ugh! It's so strange because it will start on my arm where the yarn doesn't even touch, and if I don't stop right then, it's a miserable couple of days. I guess when I use up my closet of it, I'll switch :( . I like the bright colors too, though!

Cute pillow and those scarves are beautiful. What a great valentines gift those would make.

Debby

Thanks!

I'm also posting my hearts blanket in progress. I'm not working on it for a while because the yarn is making me break out in hives. It was going very quickly and I like how it's coming out.

2193943950_b9e21b799b_m.jpg

Your pillow is very pretty but I just love this blanket idea. How neat is that!!!:cheer

I frogged the last row of hearts on my 3 row "Rows of Hearts" Doily" and added 2 rows of mesh between the second and third sets. It's lies MUCH better (thanks Darski!!), although I think I could have added 4 rows and it might have been better still.

I will post a pic when it dries, it's still blocking.

I've amended the pattern (post #40) for the third set of hearts, in case anyone is making this doily.

I was thinking this pattern (in white) would work for a wedding as well, maybe a shower gift or a top for a ring-bearer's pillow. Perhaps adding little pearls or glass beads to the outline stitch...hmm.

I'm glad the extra rows did work and you can always try 4 rows the next time you make this.

I would love to see this done with the beading added on.

I am still working on my "Love to Play Tic Tac Toe" but it should go much more quickly after I get past the boring white bag part :wlol

Here's what it looks like with the 2 extra rows, I like the look of it with the "break" the mesh gives to the pattern. I think I might just add that beading to weigh it down so it will lie flat, I was hoping the blocking would fix it but it's still a little "ruffly".

Edit: updated pic with final version, no beads, but total of 5 mesh rows. See corrected pattern in post 40 of this thread.

edit- pic removed - see 3rd and final version of this experiment in post #40

Here's what it looks like with the 2 extra rows, I like the look of it with the "break" the mesh gives to the pattern. I think I might just add that beading to weigh it down so it will lie flat, I was hoping the blocking would fix it but it's still a little "ruffly".

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb272/grannysquare/RowsofHeartsDoily3Fixed.jpg

Totally WoW!!!!

I love how that looks.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb272/grannysquare/RowsofHeartsDoily3Fixed.jpg

That looks wonderful! This is definitely on my V'day project list.

Everyone's projects are looking so good. I have finished a couple of heart motifs and working on a filet heart. I'll post pix as soon as I have time. Keep up the great work!

Thank you, Darski and Requin! :manyheart

Requin, I'm about to add a note to the pattern to do a total of 5 netting rows if you want to do the 3 row version...but since I haven't done it yet you may have to improvise getting to the correct spot to start the first rnd of the 3rd row of hearts....

(BTW you can do about 2 1/2 of the little 2 heart-row doilies in the time it takes to do the big one!) :P

Well folks, I finished the "Love to play tic tac toe" game and ... well... it's finished.

I'll try to post pics tomorrow and let y'all see what you think. :sigh

I had such high hopes for this.

I am seriously considering the hearts shawl to make for myself for Valentine's Day :hug What a lovely pattern! I plan to head into town soon to get myself some Caron Simply Soft in a light pink or rose color to make this :yay I am loving shawls right now and this is perfect :D

Here are the pictures. I think this can be improved if any of you want to try it.

ltpttt1.jpg

ltpttt2.jpg

the back...

ltpttt3.jpg I don't show names of little ones

And looking at the heart trim along the top...

ltpttt4.jpg

This is a good place for constructive criticism. I would like this pattern to be a winner so it needs "improving".

I might post in show and tell to get some feedback there as well.

Here are the pictures. I think this can be improved if any of you want to try it.

This is a super cute idea. I love that it looks small enough to take along on trips. My only change and this can be adjusted by the crochet'er would be to make the flowers a different color. I can see my 3yo having problem distinguishing between the heart and flower shapes, but different colors of hearts or a different color flower would be perfect :)

Darski's first comments (on this thread) inspired me, and I also created a tic tac toe game/bag...my pattern is here (with px...forgive me for not posting those here, but I logged off photobucket a bit fast, and my dialup is being ultra slow and unco-operative...as it is this is the second time I've tried to post here, and I've been disconnected 3 times!! AAaaaargh!!!! :banghead) Definitely a more basic design than Darski's...I :heart the heart round at the top of her bag!

For the hearts in the picture, I used this pattern. The rest of the design is my own.

What do you think?

Archived