Are We doing anything for Valentine's Day CAL

darski

Finished the insert today...This rice bag is a nice spruce green (excuse my crappy camera...my "real" one that I've saved forever for, is on order) with Grannie's gorgeous little g-square heart on the front.

P1010709.jpg

That is very pretty. This is a neat idea ... one to pass along. You might want to post the pic in Show and Tell as well.

Are you familiar with the magic square technique - it might be useful for this type of thing but it doesn't allow for a flap/foldover.

http://www.mielkesfarm.com/diagonal_hotpad.htm

It is a neat pattern and you might be able to use your Granny heart as a closure :think

Edited to add that -->I really do like that little thing. neato.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Darski I will go post in show and tell, too. ( btw, for those wondering, I wanted the cover to be able to come off to be washable...I've made some with permanent type covers too, but I like having the option. I have seen that magic square thing, and that is a cool idea for this too...hmmm...more variations...)

here is a link to a knitted heart necklace that some might want to try

http://vickiehowell.blogspot.com/2008/01/love-rocks-free-pattern-of-month.html

That is a pattern of the month so it won't likely be around after Feb. 08

to momcrochets... you can get some great colours in cotton these days if you want a fully washable sack.

to momcrochets... you can get some great colours in cotton these days if you want a fully washable sack.

It'd be hard to wash with the rice in it though :lol...so that's why the cover can come off...for myself, I'm not always as picky, and the magic sqaure is great...easy too... (If you check my original post...I did make it with cotton...)

It'd be hard to wash with the rice in it though :lol...so that's why the cover can come off...for myself, I'm not always as picky, and the magic sqaure is great...easy too... (If you check my original post...I did make it with cotton...)

I think we were misunderstanding each other.

I thought that you made the heart topper in a WW yarn and it could not be washed with the cotton sack.

I know it has to have an opening and I was thinking that the heart could be a part of your closure.

I used roxycraft's "Gabu" pattern to make some "lovebugs" for my nieces and some of hubby's co-workers for valentines day and also made Dora a new dress and jacket from Darski's patterns!

th_103_0169.jpg

Debby

those are so cute. I love them all.

I have a question for those doing the heart shawl. Did it only take you 8 oz of yarn like the pattern said? I'm only on row 10 and looking a little short on yarn.

I did mine different and mine took about 10 oz to 12 oz. So I'm not sure. If you crochet loose (like I do) then you may need more. And I don't think that included the boarder which was added later I believe... not sure...

Debbie those are cute! I love the lovebugs!

Annies Attic Free Patter of the Day today (2-12-08) has a happy Hair doll, it's a heart. It's cute.

Debbi

I think we were misunderstanding each other.

I thought that you made the heart topper in a WW yarn and it could not be washed with the cotton sack.

I know it has to have an opening and I was thinking that the heart could be a part of your closure.

Oooh...yeah, I think our brainwaves were passing, rather than connecting. :lol

The heart would make a neat closure, wouldn't it....:hug too bad I ran out of green halfway through the next one...hmmm another trip to town (IF the weather every improves) might be in order...

• 2 weeks later...

I know this thread has been dead for some time now, but I wanted to share that I made the filet heart shawl and the heart scarf from Cocoa Cream too. I couldn't show it before because it was for a secret swap. The pics are on my blog, which is is my siggy.

Archived