Are We doing anything for Valentine's Day CAL

darski

Hey, by the way, here's the pattern link for the little hearts I whipped up this morning. I wrote out the pattern pretty quickly, but I checked it several times. Regardless, if you use it, please let me know if there is a problem/error with my instructions. I'm still learning how to do this!

American Folk-Art Style Heart Motif

LIke that motif you did!! thanks for sharing!

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mine is a bit smaller because the yarn was a finer WW and I used a smaller hook (for me- a 5.mm)

ditty1.jpg

ditty2.jpg

I think I will fill it with Hershey's Kisses. does that seem like a plan or does anyone have other suggestions for a 4 yr old?

:cheerThat turned out so cute!!:lol gee I wouldnt mind having one with hershey kisses in it too!

I made one of them santa bags and made them charity bears to go in it with scarf around his neck if you are still looking for something to go in it maybe one of them with little heart motif on his chest.

Hahahaaa I know that I am not feeling well but geuss I am mindless today. I think that you must have made these last year?:blush:lol

Today's (Jan 17 '09)Annie's Attic free pattern is a very feminine pink and white afghan with a heart motif filet pattern for anyone so ambitiously inclined.

I started playing with valentine doilies yesterday; after starting to adapt the floral one I'd printed from Celt's site before it went down, I decided it would look better as leaves than hearts after all :blush so I'm tackling the PK doily. That one is turning out to be constructed differently than I thought it would be--it's looking very strange right now!

:cheer:clap:yay I have seen some wonderful projects here!!! You all are doing a great job and made me want to join in, if you don't mind:D, (like I don't have enough to do already :lol).

I would like to make a few of these and make a valentine's tree,and make some without the hanger so that I can turn them into fridgies or pins for my jackets and sweaters.

http://www.roxycraft.com/crochet_iheartu.htm

Guess I better get busy :crocheting and catch up with you all!!! Will take pictures and post what I get done!!! Have fun and happy :crocheting.

I'm still working on January projects and haven't even started thinking about Valentine's Day! lol! Actually, that's not true. I had an idea of something to do for my kids. Hmmmm....think I'll join in once February come around and I've finished up my January projects! See you all soon!

Here is another potholder/trivet pattern, would look cute in red and white.

http://shala-beads.livejournal.com/265530.html

I have been debating that since Saturday. I would really like to try it. I got the paper test drive to work out :fame

:rofl

I think it would be easier to "cheat" with the crochet version as you could do the weaving and then attach the ends. Not that I would ever do such a thing. :wlol

Here is something I made one year.Airplane candy treats:http://family.go.com/entertainment/craft-ff-23966-candy-airplane-t/

what I did was use the lifesavers in the individual packages for the wheels and cutout felt didnt have stickers. but you could use green colored gum for st.patty's easter things for easter etc.. :lol

Thought I would share as maybe something to add to your crochet stuff.

That trivet looks complicated, I haven't done somethign like it. If I could see photos of how to put it together, but maybe I just need to read it more closely, I just glanced through it. It looks great though.

I did 5 more mini pink hearts for my coworker, who asked for some (and paid me a little, I didn't expect a lot, she's a friend). I put them on my blog if you're interested. Still working on the afghan, but only did about 5 stitches because I had to do the hearts... I really wanted to work on the afghan, but the hearts were good to do, because they were easy and quick.

I think it would be easier to "cheat" with the crochet version as you could do the weaving and then attach the ends. Not that I would ever do such a thing. :wlol

I...er...um...made one that way a while back (in my defense, I didn't know about the Danish paper folding thing). I'd copied something I'd seen here in show-and-tell. Unfortunately, I didn't stop to think (until it was all put together), although the woven square part was double-thick, the half-circles were only single thickness.:oops

Oh well, it looks nice, I just hang it up for show in February!

post-13625-13589740449_thumb.jpg

I...er...um...made one that way a while back (in my defense, I didn't know about the Danish paper folding thing). I'd copied something I'd seen here in show-and-tell. Unfortunately, I didn't stop to think (until it was all put together), although the woven square part was double-thick, the half-circles were only single thickness.:oops

Oh well, it looks nice, I just hang it up for show in February!

th_ValentineHotPad.jpg

That is really cute and a perfect heart decoration for February. :clap

Aren't they adorable? I made the heart a couple of weeks ago and have it hanging up in my kitchen window. I made mine in pink and white.

I am still learning crochet so I love trying something different to see if I can do it. :manyheart

Thank you! I think I will dig out some colored paper and play with some of the other paper heart patterns on the second Danish heart URL that Darski posted.

Meanwhile, my 2009 Valentine doily has come off the blocking board. After looking at the pic, though, I think it needs a bit of ironing, oops. Those hearts just didn't want to lie flat. The doily is about 14" across; I didn't realize the hearts would be so BIG (I put a penny inside one for size reference). This is 'My Heart is Complete', it is a Trish Kristoffersen pattern from a now-defunct website.

post-13625-135897404493_thumb.jpg

Granny Square, I just love your heart doily... totally perfect.

I admit to looking at a couple of the others as well. I love your work. It is so neat and lovely to look at :dreaming

Archived