Are We doing anything for Valentine's Day CAL

darski

I like your doily!! :heart

I've been trying to weave the paper hearts that Darski linked above...I have to give credit to the folks that can snip and weave some of the complex patterns (not just straight lines), it is not as easy as it looks! The cuts have to be measured so precisely. What is very cool is that it opens up to sort of a cup (I thought they would be woven into 1 piece). They might make a neat party favor, you could stick a couple of candies inside.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was about to say the same thing, Debbie-A1! It's very pretty.

Had a thought--is this the same one that Grannysquare (or was it someone else) made some adaptations to last year?

It's a pretty pattern...(I missed it if they posted it before, glad I caught it)

I was about to say the same thing, Debbie-A1! It's very pretty.

Had a thought--is this the same one that Grannysquare (or was it someone else) made some adaptations to last year?

It's a pretty pattern...(I missed it if they posted it before, glad I caught it)

Yup, that's the pattern, and it was me! Darski remarked she didn't like the gappiness, so I took it as a challenge and closed up the gaps a bit. :hook edit - pic of my adaptation on post 171.

There was another doily that I "borrowed" the middle of, then (after a few tries) managed to repeat rows of "just hearts" a few times - see posts 27 & 40.

Yup, that's the pattern, and it was me! Darski remarked she didn't like the gappiness, so I took it as a challenge and closed up the gaps a bit. :hook edit - pic of my adaptation on post 171.

There was another doily that I "borrowed" the middle of, then (after a few tries) managed to repeat rows of "just hearts" a few times - see posts 27 & 40.

That is so neat that you can do that!:c9 I loved your adaptation last year, and I still do! There's a lot of things I can do with thread and with yarn, but creating doilies, or re-creating and adapting them, still doesn't seem to be one of them!! :think

I admire you, and all doily designers!:clap:hook (maybe someday I'll get the hang of it, not just the theory:P)

well whatever we do we have to figure it out pretty soon or valentines day is going to come and go and we're still going to be scratching our heads lol

For this CAL we just make something heart like and go with whatever strikes our fancy. It is just an opportunity to review all the Heart patterns that are out there for us to try.

As a for instance... This new pattern has been posed in Free Original patterns here at the Ville.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?p=1626146#post1626146

Yay! I'd like to join in too. I have this booklet, and in it is a heart trim. I'm going to make it and sew it onto a hand towel. Really I just like the picture in the booklet, so the bathroom is getting a new towel for Valentines. Just hope I get done in time.....eek!

If someone's looking for a quick project, I just ran across this by our own Cupcake

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showpost.php?p=1626428&postcount=1

I really like that pink heart. Well the others are nice too but that pink one just really grabbed my attention. :manyheart

Thanks for telling us about that one. I love Cupcake's work.

Okie dokie... Here's my Heart trim Valentines hand towel. :D The booklet is here. But there is a printing error. The pattern for this trim is listed on the page before the actual picture. The page with the picture has a different pattern listed with it. So if you have this booklet, it's on the page before the pic. ;)

th_hearttrim.jpg

Okie dokie... Here's my Heart trim Valentines hand towel. :D The booklet is here. But there is a printing error. The pattern for this trim is listed on the page before the actual picture. The page with the picture has a different pattern listed with it. So if you have this booklet, it's on the page before the pic. ;)

th_hearttrim.jpg

This is just too, too pretty. The red hearts just really call my name. Great work!

About Cupcake's heart pattern... I just did it in doubled cotton (handicrafter) and it is a great pattern. Very nice shape.

I was going to do an Ami heart, but just made the heart. I wasn't sure if I liked it too much and then decided I didn't want to. So now it's just a puffy heart.

Here it is on my Sweetheart ripple I'm still working on...

th_0213090555.jpg

[clickable]

More pictures and info on my blog.

Debbi

Archived