Are We doing anything for Valentine's Day CAL

darski

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok ~ I should finish the shawl tonight, only 10 rows to go! My problem is that it barely reaches across the shoulders. Grant it, I am a plus size and I haven't put the edging on yet but still...I thought it would be a bit bigger. Maybe the edging will help...if not, it looks like another shawl for my Prayer Shawl group!

Lissa, I like your little purse and doll dress! Sorry I can't help you with that clickable question, I use photobucket and just post links.

Deb, looking forward to seeing the shawl, I hope the size works out. Maybe you can add more to the edging...?

I have been quietly busy in the background making rectangles for the Crochetville Warm Up America effort, many of them have been in reds and pinks using the heart motif I posted earlier.:heart

And here is the Valentines Dress I came up with:

ValentinesDress.jpg

Well, obviously I need some help with the whole photo posting thing. Can anyone explain to me (or direct me to an explanation) how to make the pix appear smaller with clickable links to the original? Also, can we not post pix from Flickr? Thanks!!!

Cute dress.

The way I post pictures from Flickr is this:

1. Click on the picture you want. Go to "all sizes".
  2. Pick either the smallest or one that fits within CVille guidelines (480 by 360). The numbers are underneath the size. I usually use medium. Click on the one you want.
  3. Right click, go to properties. There will be a URL website address. Highlight that and copy.
  4. Go back to Crochetville. Click the button at the top of the post that says "insert image" (yellow square with a little mountain in it). It will have a box pop up that asks you for the site of your image. Paste the site that you just copied.
  5. Go back to Flickr. Where do you want your picture to "click" to? If you want it to click to a large picture, go back to the "all sizes" page. Go through the same process of right click, properties, copy the address.
  6. Go back to CVille. Click the picture so that it is outlined. Then click the little button that says "insert hyperlink" (the earth). Paste the address of the large picture there.
  7. Voila! You can preview post to make sure that the links work right.
  8. If you would like the click to take you elsewhere, copy the address of wherever that is. For example, I take my link to that specific picture in the photostream.

I hope that helps!

Just popping in to see what everyone is making these days... Cute stuff, everyone! I think I'm done with my Valentine's crocheting for this year. But you never know... I'm supposed to be working on other things!

Thanks for all the lovely compliments on my heart pattern and scarf. I had such fun creating them both, and I've been able to sell two in my etsy shop as well! Yoohoo! Thanks, Darski, for starting this CAL and giving us all a little inspiration!

Thanks everyone!

Cute dress.

The way I post pictures from Flickr is this:

1. Click on the picture you want. Go to "all sizes".
  2. Pick either the smallest or one that fits within CVille guidelines (480 by 360). The numbers are underneath the size. I usually use medium. Click on the one you want.
  3. Right click, go to properties. There will be a URL website address. Highlight that and copy.
  4. Go back to Crochetville. Click the button at the top of the post that says "insert image" (yellow square with a little mountain in it). It will have a box pop up that asks you for the site of your image. Paste the site that you just copied.
  5. Go back to Flickr. Where do you want your picture to "click" to? If you want it to click to a large picture, go back to the "all sizes" page. Go through the same process of right click, properties, copy the address.
  6. Go back to CVille. Click the picture so that it is outlined. Then click the little button that says "insert hyperlink" (the earth). Paste the address of the large picture there.
  7. Voila! You can preview post to make sure that the links work right.
  8. If you would like the click to take you elsewhere, copy the address of wherever that is. For example, I take my link to that specific picture in the photostream.

I hope that helps!

Yes! This is very helpful. Thank you for taking the time to explain it to me. It all makes sense now.

I am working on a heart-shaped potholder, hotpad, and dishcloth set now. I'll post pix when finished.

Deb, I wonder if you could do some extra rows of just filet. Or you could give it away, someone would love it. :manyheart I was thinking it would make a really nice gift for someone.

I finished the heart shawl. Pink Heart Filet Shawl in Yarn . I posted it here. I really like how it turned out even though I didn't follow the chart exactly because of the way I crochet.

Debbi

Just dropping a quick note before I head out the door...

Todays freebie at Annie's is a heart doily.

http://www.anniesattic.com/free_pattern_day/index.html

Personally, I am not a fan of huge gaps in doilies but parts of this are very pretty. I'm wondering if our own dear Granny Square could . improve it :think

:wlol

I finished my shawl tonight. It turned out ok but it just isn't "long" enough around my shoulders so I am donating it to my prayer shawl ministry at church. It was fun to make and the pattern was quick and easy! It really is prettier than what the pictures capture tho.

th_100_1702.jpgth_100_1703.jpg

I love that shawl Deb... so very Valentine's Day.

I wonder how hard it would be to make another set of the outside hearts pattern to add in so that shawl would be longer across.

Excellent work... it's a shame that you don't get the benefit of all that work but you store up the pennies in heaven anyway. :hug

HI all,

Just finished another doily and a mini doily. As they are heart themed I thought I would share them here:) The first is the sweet valentine doily from crochet memories site and the next is a coaster called hearts and flowers from one of the annies mags I forget which one will check and add that info later. I used a thicker thread and made it into a mini doily:)

Deb your shawl is awesome too bad though it doesn't fit you but I am sure that whoever receives it would love it!

sweetvalentine.jpgheartsandflowersminidoily.jpg

Deb, your shawl is beautiful, I'm sorry it didn't fit but I'm sure it will make someone very happy.:manyheart

Crochetfool, your little doilies are cute!

I'm making the AA free doily from yesterday. I can see why the designer made the gappy arches above the hearts; the hearts are tiny, only 2 rows high, they would get lost if you surrounded them with chain loops like the doilies above. The arches showcase the hearts, granted the gaps could have been smaller to Darski's point. I'm fiddling with it, but I'm afraid I won't end up where I need to be farther along...we'll see. Interesting that the outer arches are the same size as the inner ones, they don't look it in the pattern.

And another pattern for us to consider for our CAL

Thanks to Rachel for this one:

http://www.pepika.com/free-patterns/heart.htm

That really is a neat little pattern. could be so cute as a luggage tag or something like that.

I just had to download this one too! Thanks Rachel for finding it.

The pink tote I'm working on got "downgraded" to a Saturday work project (I take it to work on Sat)and I finally have the pieces made, so I "Just" have to sew it together. I'm 3/4 through a baby blanket for my sister, and I want to mail that this weekend. So by the end of this week, or so I should having some px to post. (I also made her a rice bag cover with heart on it...something for mom (and dad) and something for baby...))

getting there...and I know some of those hearts from that link, are getting done this week, too. :):lol

Just dropping a quick note before I head out the door...

Todays freebie at Annie's is a heart doily.

Personally, I am not a fan of huge gaps in doilies but parts of this are very pretty. I'm wondering if our own dear Granny Square could . improve it :think

:wlol

OK, hot off the blocking board...

post-13625-135897404485_thumb.jpg

I answered Darski's challenge :hook by making the inner arches smaller and adding 2 rows of chain loops. I left the outer arches the same, but they were less gappy than the inner ones; I think if I tried to reduce them the doily wouldn't be as star-shaped.

I have to admit I like the less gappy look in the middle. It seems more intricate somehow, even though it really isn't.

OK, hot off the drawing board...

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb272/grannysquare/TinyHeartsDoily.jpg

I answered Darski's challenge :hook by making the inner arches smaller and adding 2 rows of chain loops. I left the outer arches the same, but they were less gappy than the inner ones; I think if I tried to reduce them the doily wouldn't be as star-shaped.

I have to admit I like the less gappy look in the middle. It seems more intricate somehow, even though it really isn't.

Oh my great goodness. That is just absolutely

stunning,

gorgeous and

wonderful.

:cry of joy :cry

I can't believe how beautiful that is.... wow!

Thank you, thank you, thank you. :hug

Simply stunning GrannySquare...I love it! I have GOT to remember to check AnniesAttic on the weekends!! Then I could have that, see your changes, and make sense of it all. :) But I can still enjoy the picture...that is a gorgeous looking doily!

Finished the insert today...This rice bag is a nice spruce green (excuse my crappy camera...my "real" one that I've saved forever for, is on order) with Grannie's gorgeous little g-square heart on the front.

P1010709.jpg (oh man, it came out crooked besides!! argh on that camera)

It's ww cotton (peaches and cream) with an I hook. I chained 25, and basically made a hugely long rectangle in the "crumple/up and down st" (sc, dc, sc, dc, across...every row (so the sc's are in dc's, etc). Then I folded it almost even, tucked the top flap in, sewed through all the layers, and turned it RS out. (I did sew a mini-heart on the flap too, but that picture was even worse) It folds like those fold to close sandwich bags.

Inside of course, is a cotton liner full of rice. (Just plain, I didn't have flax or jasmine rice)

I mailed it to my sister today, along with a baby blanket, so hopefully that gets there before V-day. (She's due end of July, don't knowboy/girl yet, but she wanted a yellow blanket to use in her yellow VW, for baby, so I could do that withouth knowing :) )

Archived