Are We doing anything for Valentine's Day CAL

darski

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My heart motif scarf is finished! Woo-hoo! This was a super-fast project, and I'm kinda hoping to have time/yarn to make a multi-colored one before Valentine's Day, too! We shall see!

Check this post on my blog for more info...or my etsy shop for more pictures!

My heart motif scarf is finished! Woo-hoo! This was a super-fast project, and I'm kinda hoping to have time/yarn to make a multi-colored one before Valentine's Day, too! We shall see!

WOW! Your scarf looks amazing and so delicate! What did you use? Thread or yarn??

I really like that scarf. That is a good shape for the hearts.

:hug

I'm going to post a warning here as well just in case I disappear.

My computer was acting up this morning and might not work at some point. I am a computer user but not a fixer so if the whole thing crashes I have to wait to be rescued. This could be good for my stashbusting of course but not much fun.

Well, my granny square baby blanket changed into a smaller version of the hearts and diamonds throw from Coats and Clark. I'm doing it in hot pink and white. I love it! It is so quick and it is going very quickly. I'll post a picture when I'm further along.

Well, my granny square baby blanket changed into a smaller version of the hearts and diamonds throw from Coats and Clark. I'm doing it in hot pink and white. I love it! It is so quick and it is going very quickly. I'll post a picture when I'm further along.

That sounds very pretty! can't wait for the pics :hyper

:rosehttp://www.priscillascrochet.com/patterns.html

:valday this has some cute kitchen ideas a set of potholders etc

I think you can only get to that site through the internet archives. Since it won't let you post links to an archived site, you'll have to go to the Wayback Machine and just copy and paste the site above into the box. Be sure not to have 2 http. For some reason it won't even let me post the main site, so Google "Wayback Machine". The first three posts should get you there, and you can put the site in there.

The heart dishcloth on that site is really cute!

I made a 'Rows of Hearts' doily with 3 rows of hearts...I'm not so sure it will work well with more than this, because it was getting a bit wavy at the edges, it was a struggle to get it blocked, you can see the outer hearts are a little distorted by my efforts to get them to lie flat. Here is all that would fit into the scanner...it's about 10" across.

edit- pic removed - see final version in post # 40

I made a 'Rows of Hearts' doily with 3 rows of hearts...I'm not so sure it will work well with more than this, because it was getting a bit wavy at the edges, it was a struggle to get it blocked, you can see the outer hearts are a little distorted by my efforts to get them to lie flat. Here is all that would fit into the scanner...it's about 10" across.

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb272/grannysquare/?action=view&current=RowsofHeartsDoily3.jpg

I like what you got. I am just wondering if it would work if you did 2 more rows of mesh before beginning the last round of hearts. 2 rows would put your 'loops' back in the right places and give you more room for your hearts.

i really like this pattern of yours. It is so based on the hearts and I like that about it. I like the original too but this is so nice for those of us who love heart shaped crochet.

I am just wondering if it would work if you did 2 more rows of mesh before beginning the last round of hearts. 2 rows would put your 'loops' back in the right places and give you more room for your hearts.

I think you're right....I wish I hadn't ironed it to try to squash the waviness, not sure if I could rip it out at this point.

My blanket has changed yet again. This is only the second blanket I've ever made, and changing the pattern added some complications. I didn't really like how the diamonds were coming out, so I'm just using the hearts pattern and making strips. I've joined two out of the five together, and I think it will turn out pretty well. I'm just going to add a simple shell border. That can't go too wrong, right? :)

I have to make 8 heart dishcloths. I have 5 done so far. They work up so fast! I am doing all colors of pink, purple, white and red.

That is a very pretty dishcloth and the shape is good. What color is that cotton and what brand is it? I don't think I have seen that one around here.

I frogged the last row of hearts on my 3 row "Rows of Hearts" Doily" and added 2 rows of mesh between the second and third sets. It's lies MUCH better (thanks Darski!!), although I think I could have added 4 rows and it might have been better still.

I will post a pic when it dries, it's still blocking.

I've amended the pattern (post #40) for the third set of hearts, in case anyone is making this doily.

I was thinking this pattern (in white) would work for a wedding as well, maybe a shower gift or a top for a ring-bearer's pillow. Perhaps adding little pearls or glass beads to the outline stitch...hmm.

Archived