Are We doing anything for Valentine's Day CAL

darski

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 10 months later...
Do we want to do a new cal this year or just continue with this one? It's a little over a month to Valentine's day...

this is so funny. I have been debating all this week about whether to start another CAL for this.

I am certainly tempted to try some more hearts this year. I am game to continue this one if that works... it is up and running so to speak. :wlol

:manyheart

:heart

I had been thinking about that too. I've found a couple more doily patterns with hearts since last year :hook

Well what is keeping you girl! Post those links :rofl

Seriously, I made "My Hear Belongs to Baby II"blankie and I thought of you first thing when debating whether to outline the heart shapes. Your doilies keep me going just in remembering them. :hug

That is a great idea Shyla. i have a coffee cozy that I keep in my purse all the time. Love it against the hot cardboard cups. :wlol

I think this would be a great pattern for this CAL... I have a friend who was leaving hints about me making her some covered hangers. this one from Priscilla Hewitt would be very special...

http://priscillascrochet.net/free%20patterns/Bed%20&%20Bath.pdf

Well what is keeping you girl! Post those links :rofl

Seriously, I made "My Hear Belongs to Baby II"blankie and I thought of you first thing when debating whether to outline the heart shapes. Your doilies keep me going just in remembering them. :hug

Darski, you are so sweet :manyheart

Unfortunately, both were from sites that are (now) unavailable to post here :( one was on Celt's site (Flower Chain, which heart-like 'leaves' could be altered slighly to make them more so [in case someone downloaded that one before her site was taken down]), and the other is "My Heart is Complete" by Patricia Kristofferson (which might be in one of her books, perhaps?)

There is always this one that stared it all http://www.crochetmemories.com/archive/february5.html

You know, after 'fiddling' with the center of that one last year to try to make it repeating rows of hearts, I never did make the pattern as written :blush

I was offline for the weekend and I started a doily, well a runner. The center if filet hearts and then the boarder isn't filet. Looks nice. Here's what I have started.

th_doilyrunnerstarted.jpg

[clickable]

from decorative crochet Jan 1996.

I like the heart coaster, that is nice! I always thought of making a coaster for my mug at work, but just never have gotten around to it. Maybe I could do some holiday themed ones. Thanks for the link!

Debbi

I was offline for the weekend and I started a doily, well a runner. The center if filet hearts and then the boarder isn't filet. Looks nice. Here's what I have started.

th_doilyrunnerstarted.jpg

[clickable]

from decorative crochet Jan 1996.

Debbi

that is really pretty. I can't wait to see how it finishes.

I think we're just doing our own thing.

My coworker just came by and asked for some hearts. She's the one I made the 20 Snowflakes (link) for.

I found this pattern which looked real easy

http://members.tripod.com/Gwenevere/heart.html and she's okay with them in WW yarn. Maybe I'll make one in WW and one in size 3 thread (the same size I did the snowflakes in) to see which she prefers.

I thought others might like this pattern too. This might be good to make pins out of or on barettes, or anything like that.

Debbi

Teresa has a very nice heart - in two sizes - at You tube.

I'll go looking for them

solid heart:

large heart:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYey7cpXSvI&feature=PlayList&p=C67E136EAC0489F9&index=9

these are really pretty and she shows the whole thing.

I love her work and her vids

however, I think it is time for a Rick Roll :wlol

Rose Red, what browser are you using?

I have IE and her terms of use comes up first, and then if you wait a while (and I have cable!!) on the left side thumbnails of the patterns in that section come up.

I'm trying to remember, in another thread I think someone mentioned to click the attachments tab, which makes me wonder if it comes up differently with different browsers. Otherwise, you can go to her main menu and navigate to it, it was under Bed & Bath.

Edit - this might help, you might have to update your PDF reader

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=87291&highlight=priscilla&page=2

I hadn't officially joined this CAL but just finished a Valentine's Day heart bag that I thought I'd share with you all. It's crocheted from plastic bags (plarn) into a cute little bag to hold Valentines. I made it for a little girl to take all her Valentine's to school in and she can use it to bring home all the ones given to her too. Anyway here's a photo.

valentinebag1-300x300.jpg

If anyone wants to use this project for this CAL here is the free crochet pattern link here.

Archived