**Prairie Star PantyWaist Club **

JulieKay

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sherri and Donna- nice work !

No photos for me this week, not a very productive crochet week... danged body parts keep falling off and I have to staple them back on, so havent gotten much crocheting done.

Maybe next week will be better .

Sherri and Donna- nice work !

No photos for me this week, not a very productive crochet week... danged body parts keep falling off and I have to staple them back on, so havent gotten much crocheting done.

Maybe next week will be better .

Are you using an industrial strength stapler? If so, maybe try duct tape with it :lol

oooooooooooooo

<sounding pathetic>

You are all so very creative, and I love coming here to see whats happening.

Maybe when I get my act in gear, and finish the things I have already started, I will be able to come and start this (I happen to have a pattern for it somewhere).

Well, here is my work so far. I've managed to do about 20 more motifs. My problem now is that I'm running out of the brown that I'm using right now. I may not have enough!

Enjoy!

pics004.jpg?t=1200082381

I love all the pics from today... great colours.

i don't have a pic because I spent too much time deciding on colours and then the light went so pics are off.

I went for a darker (solid) dusty rose colour in place of the varigated. so I am working down the scale for the wine to rosy pink. I hope to get a pic tomorrow when the light is better.

I am also seriously thinking of making this a Lone Star instead of a Prairie Star pattern

http://qnm.com/articles/feature39/index1.html

We'll see. I have always loved the Lone Star :dreaming but it might be a challenge to work it out.

Darski, I love the lone star as well - there's also a broken star, which is similar but had some more diamonds in the outside corners as well...

I haven't found a lone star that wasn't cross-stitched, though. Some day I'll make one for myself using a diamond pattern I come up with.

I also bought a quilt book and there's a pattern called "Carpenter's Wheel" that looks like it could be very pretty as well.

Oh, too many ideas, too little time!

I also bought a quilt book and there's a pattern called "Carpenter's Wheel" that looks like it could be very pretty as well.

if I remember correctly, I loved that pattern as well. Will go searching now.. just in case :wlol

back from :google land...

http://www.jankrentz.com/download/Krentz_QLMSPattern.pdf ... go to page 4 of the pdf

That Carpenter's wheel would be really nice and you could use the regular grannies in the "square" spots. Oh no... not another brilliant idea... NOT! :rofl

I love to quilt also and I've always wanted to do the Lone Star and the PS in quilting. It's in my to-do list there as well. Unfortunately, fabric is a lot more expensive than yarn, so I do more crocheting than quilting. Everyone's looks great so far.

Thanks-aekmv, prism, hazlecreek, Donna, Julie, Valerie.

Lisa-Jump on in when you're ready. There's a link for the pattern in the first post. and I just love your signature line.:)

FelixLake-Your PS is looking good. Hope your brown lasts til you need it to.

Darski-Those colors sound lovely as does a Lone Star.

Krystal-A Carpenter's Wheel would be pretty.

Well, here is my picture of the week.

1-11-09a.jpg

I don't know how much I'll get done this week. I'm taking Katchkan's bead crochet class, so I'll probably spend a lot of time on that. Hopefully I get a few motifs done though.

Thanks-aekmv, prism, hazlecreek, Donna, Julie, Valerie.

Lisa-Jump on in when you're ready. There's a link for the pattern in the first post. and I just love your signature line.:)

FelixLake-Your PS is looking good. Hope your brown lasts til you need it to.

Darski-Those colors sound lovely as does a Lone Star.

Krystal-A Carpenter's Wheel would be pretty.

I sent the link to a friend and it's no longer listed on the website. I do have it saved on my computer in the pdf if it's needed.

Well, here is my picture of the week.

1-11-09a.jpg

That is pretty - ALTHOUGH... I think the white diamonds might be placed incorrectly. I don't have the pattern in front of me, but where you have one sideways, I think it should be two on end again. Maybe not, but I don't remember doing sideways ones until the big blocks of background. If I'm wrong, forgive me - it's been awhile!

Very pretty, Lady !

I think someone here in the ville had a design figured out to make this bigger,but not sure who it was or if it was done the same way as lonestar -- do any of you remember who it was ?

It was in the PS CAl, I remember it too. She posted a link with a diagram to her enlargement.

Great work girls. I like the lone star and the carpenter's wheel too. Thanks for the links.

Felix, I'm sorry you're running short on brown. Can you still get the same color at the store. I hope so. It's looking so pretty.

I did run out of brown before I finished, but I went down to the Joann's and they had the exact color I needed! I didn't even know what brand it was (the label was missing).

Krystal-- if you get bored this weekend, could you leaf through the 6 or 8 pages of posts to find that link and photo ???

Thanks, old pal.

:rofl

You've been busting on my all week - NOW when you need something I'm your "old pal"????? :think Crazy thing is, I'm looking right now for ya... LOL!

Archived