**Prairie Star PantyWaist Club **

JulieKay

I promise to put more time in on this this week.

I just had the worst time choosing colours. Julie led me astray with her pretty blues but now that I have colours I should be able to get something done/

I have wayyyy too many projects on the go and they are starting to overwhelm me again :sigh so that I don't get anything done.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks Athba, and good luck !

Your colors sound pretty .

Darski - yep, believe me, I know what you mean about the getting overwhelmed with so many projects . I am the same way-- just can't do it .

Teapot, looks ok so far --- just keep on doing the same all around-- one on top of each of the ones like you've been doing.

Next row will have 2-1-2-1-2-1- like that .

Athba-- you just have to follow the chart on the page that shows where the diamonds go -- after you make the first one, then the others will all hook together on round 3 -- just follow the chart to see where they need placed .

Start in the center and work your way out .

Brandy- it is so good to see you again ! How have you been and where are you working now ? Please don't be a stranger, drop in any old time, and thanks for the vote of confidence .

Hey there Julie! I am working full time at a nursing home on the Dementia Unit. Trust me when I say I am exhausted when I get home.

Everyones PS is looking wonderful so far. Good Luck to all of you!:cheer

I had to stop in to say hello to my M&M. :manyheart How have ya been? I read your blog & see you've been busy & exhausted, no surprise there. You always did keep yourself busy & running even when you weren't working so add a job in the mix and whoa i'm surprised you can stand. :eek I sure hope you atleast take one day a week to yourself. Take care of yourself. Tell the family I said hello. :hug

for all of the ladeis specially the ones finished this project

will it be warm when it done?

another question: i`m worreid about the joining method that might break someday :think what do you think?

I envy you all as I do not have the paitience (or currently the time) to make this. I wanted to give you a bit of a heads up though. One of the women in my local crochet group made this using Caron Simply Soft. It turned out just beautiful! However, after it had been laundered a few times it has now streached out of shape and she is heart broken. I think it is still beautiful but I did want to give you a bit of a warning before you also have this heartacke. I wish you all a very successful journey in making this blanket. It is truely breath taking.

This is a picture of her blanket before it had been washed a few times. I added this picture only after getting her permission to do so.

2f09.jpg?grQKZgHBy6peN3U8

Hi Tammy

Wow, that is a pretty afghan ! I don't think I'd try using Caron SS for it myself, since it seems to have quite a bit of stretch to it and isn't a really thick-feeling yarn .

This pattern is definitely one that would get stretched out if made with yarn that is too thin .

The RH seems to hold up ok, but it's pretty thick and scratchy compared to SS .

Thanks for the heads up. I can surely understand the lady making this being disappointed-- that's a lot of work to put into a project and have it stretch out of shape .

OK ladies--everything looks beautiful!

I can't post a picture, but I will tell you I have 7 diamonds in Ranch Red made. I am making the diamonds, then sewing them together. That join-as-you-go method just didn't work for me the last time, so I am doing it the old fashioned way.

I haven't decided on the other colors yet. I love ranch red and navy blue together. I hope I can work in the navy blue somehow. If you have any color suggestions, I'm listening.

I love this CAL!

Tammy she did a beautiful job on that ghan. I used Red Heart and have washed mine several times and thank goodness I didnt have any problems with the getting out of shape thing. I don't blame her for being disappointed as I would be to had that happened.

I can't post a picture, but I will tell you I have 7 diamonds in Ranch Red made. I am making the diamonds, then sewing them together. That join-as-you-go method just didn't work for me the last time, so I am doing it the old fashioned way.

Did you change the stitches in the diamonds to fill in the holes? I thought it would look nice sewn together, but I'd put dc's in where some of those chains were.

! However, after it had been laundered a few times it has now streached out of shape and she is heart broken. .

I made one of mine that I kept for myself several years ago. It gets laundered all the time from cats and kids using it. Never has it stretched out of shape. I used the Red Heart for it too. Matter of fact most of my afghans I used RH and never had a problem. The one that I used SS with just didnt last at all. Sorry for your friends disappointment.

Here is a pic of mine that I made I dont know how long ago now....

IM001493.jpg

Hey there Jelly Bean! Miss you! Besides crocheting I have found a new obsession and that would be my spinning wheel. But with work I dont have enough time to play with it and do all my hobbies. Dont get as much done any more..:hug

Julie... I thought one of my residents was familiar! LOL :devil

Krystal--No. I didn't change anything with the diamonds. I'm just sewing them together.

Brandi--Thanks for the color suggestions. I've never seen country rose before. I will check it out.

I've really been a fall color kick this year, so when Red Heart came out with their multi "Fall" I just had to have it. I'm glad that I got it! :yes

I started this on Sat.

Fall-Prairie-Star.jpg

I've really been a fall color kick this year, so when Red Heart came out with their multi "Fall" I just had to have it. I'm glad that I got it! :yes

I started this on Sat.

That is going to be very pretty indeed. Are you going to change the white sections? Just curious.

Hazle, those colors are really pretty together!

I was at the store yesterday getting yarn for the planned Double Wedding Ring afghan (wedding gift, what else?) and I had a very hard time not buying yarn for this. Of course, I have no idea what colors I want to do yet. I have a couple of friends in mind that I could do one for and one said she likes red and the other has what she calls a yellow room that I could do one for. I really need to play around with colors, and that's going to be a few months down the road still :(

FYI, I sent the Coats and Clark link to a friend to show her the finished version and it's no longer on their website. Thankfully I'd already saved and printed a copy for myself.:whew

Thanks Priszm Thanks Darski!!:manyheart

Darski I'm going to use "Cornmeal" for the white sections. About the only colors that I'm using from the pattern are the dark and light sage.

hazle

ilove ur colors :)

i`m Fall`s color GiRl :D

nothing done i have exam today after 8hours i have some lundry, home cleaning, bothroom washing, changeing bedsheets

eek i`m i really grown up women :eek

see ya later

make sure the cal wont go to page 2

Archived