**Prairie Star PantyWaist Club **

JulieKay

Hi. Does anyone else have a problem joining to a sc when you must.

I never know whether to join in the front of the last one or in the back of the sc.

Dumb question I know. So far I'm not sure about my joining methods.

Teapot:think

I agree, I am a little worried about my joining methods as well. Hope I do it correctly. At least I know if I have trouble there will be someone here to jump in and help.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did I miss something... when do you join into a SC? or are you talking about sewing them?

I have a bad habit of not reading the pattern since I did the Baby Blocks and just assumed this was done the same way but in a different order.

Hey everyone:

Well I'm tearing out some of my colors.

I started off with a burgundy, holly and Ivy

But the off white is so not working out. I think I need some kind of speckled off white or something else.

I'll half to wait to get to a walmart.

Thanks for the advice about joining. Some of my joins do not look so good. lol.

Any color advice.

????

Teapot:think

Michele- gld you got photobucket to work .Your colors look very pretty so far !

Welcome to Lynn and to Tralee~~ Have you both decided on colors yet ?

I would love to make mine in shades of purple. Since that is my favorite color and this is something I want to keep. Any suggestions on the colors? I live in area that doesn't have many choices in colors and the nearest town that would have a nice selection is around 80 miles each way. So I will have to order my colors.

Blessings,

Lynn

Teapot, stitchgirl, and darski, I'm quoting the direction and it says to

sc into the sc of a pervious joining.

I have been sc into any part of any other sc I could fit my hook into. :lol I'm sure it's not really going to matter as long as they are put together in some fashion. Isn't someone stitching them together??

Shelly:hug

Teapot, I'm not sure if it's still around, but there was a RH FIESTA that was an off-white or wheat color or something. That might do it. Or, a holiday yarn with some gold fleck?

I am using the RH Fiesta Wheat, and boy was it hard to find. I finally found it at a local yarn shop that is privately owned. They still make it. My last resort was to order online.:)

Lyn

I know what you mean -- we dont live quite that far from nice yarn stores, but the closest one is walmart-- want any other yarn, you gotta drive to the big City . I'm kinda like the Beverly hillbillies, the big city is sometimes a little more challenge than I am up to .

Good luck on your colors-- all shades of purple would be very pretty .

Teapot, stitchgirl, and darski, I'm quoting the direction and it says to

I have been sc into any part of any other sc I could fit my hook into. :lol I'm sure it's not really going to matter as long as they are put together in some fashion. Isn't someone stitching them together??

Shelly:hug

Ok girls, I am totally confused. I fear I will have to start all over. Last night I did the remaining two motifs of the first color. But I know I must not have joined correctly because when I was finished there was a big hole in the center instead of them all having the points joined. I went back and joined them with a sc, but not sure if it looks the way it is supposed to. I'm okay with joining the sides, but I don't understand how you join all the points together.

Please, someone help! :eek:think:eek:think

Cathy, I'm probably doing it completely wrong but I just join into the point. I don't join into any of the sc because I tried that at the beginning and didn't like how it looked. So I just join into the points. And now there is usually no more then the 4 points meeting so I just ch 1 join in the next 3 points ch 1 and do the dc. In my opinion it looks good that way. I hope you get it figured out.

Cathy, I'm probably doing it completely wrong but I just join into the point. I don't join into any of the sc because I tried that at the beginning and didn't like how it looked. So I just join into the points. And now there is usually no more then the 4 points meeting so I just ch 1 join in the next 3 points ch 1 and do the dc. In my opinion it looks good that way. I hope you get it figured out.

I guess I'm being dense, but I still don't get it. When you do the first star thing you have six points that meet in the center. So are you saying that as you do each one you keep joining at the tip? It will be a miracle if I ever get thru this whole afghan. You will probably all wish me to quit now.lol:yes

Ok girls, I am totally confused. I fear I will have to start all over. Last night I did the remaining two motifs of the first color. But I know I must not have joined correctly because when I was finished there was a big hole in the center instead of them all having the points joined. I went back and joined them with a sc, but not sure if it looks the way it is supposed to. I'm okay with joining the sides, but I don't understand how you join all the points together.

Please, someone help! :eek:think:eek:think

I *think* that the directions mean to make sure you crochet into a different sc other than the one directly before the point from the diamond you just did. I "reached" across and joined to the diamond across from the diamond I was doing, not the one adjacent to it. That way, I closed that gaping hole.

Thank you Krystal, that's what I did when I went back and joined them. So now maybe I can continue and just remember to do that as the motif is in progress. Oh brother! :blush Thanks again Krystal, you're a sweetie.

Thank you Krystal, that's what I did when I went back and joined them. So now maybe I can continue and just remember to do that as the motif is in progress. Oh brother! :blush Thanks again Krystal, you're a sweetie.

ACK!!! ACK!!! Somebody got mushy with me.... PLEASE, somebody help me!!!

I started mine a long time ago and was joining in the sc space of the adjoining diamond. I decided I didn't like the holes, so I'm going back and using a whip stitch to join them together better. Double work for me, but I like the look much better. When I post my pic on Friday I think you'll be able to see the difference between the parts I whipped and the parts I haven't.

Cathy

Don't let her fool you, she's a little softie -- ( in fact, also a little soft in the head sometimes, if you get my drift ! )

Y'know... one would think your CONSTANT picking on me might be a sign of love... if we didn't KNOW BETTER! :lol

I finally got the picture taken of my new (well current) colour plan

PSrose1.jpg

it is my fervent hope that I will have more done on this by Friday... :crocheting

Oh, Darski - I LOVE this scheme a lot! Are you still going to use that variegated, though? Maybe at the points?

Y'

Oh, Darski - I LOVE this scheme a lot! Are you still going to use that variegated, though? Maybe at the points?

:think

I'm not sure about that because I really want the two greens there.

I think I am keeping that varigated for a sweater project, it is really pretty and I have a goodly bit of it.

Archived