**Prairie Star PantyWaist Club **

JulieKay

Thanks Priszm Thanks Darski!!:manyheart

Darski I'm going to use "Cornmeal" for the white sections. About the only colors that I'm using from the pattern are the dark and light sage.

I love that Cornmeal colour and it is the perfect choice for your PS. I should buy some more to have on hand

... but I'm not allowed to do that :sigh. I'm stashbusting :(

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Darski -- want me to "smuggle " some to you in the Underground Network ?

Would that still count against you ?

HAH! Caught red-handed!!!! You smuggler! Of course, there are rules in place for just such underhandedness~!!!! It still counts against her! LOL! :lol

Darski -- want me to "smuggle " some to you in the Underground Network ?

Would that still count against you ?

I sure do appreciate the offer but you see how quickly the cops show up.

Yah can't get away with nuthin at the Ville

:rofl :rofl :rofl

hello

julie you`ve been a naughty women :lol

i wanna ask you a question

if i made the pattern with Red Heart and some colors caron SS

but i`ll change the joining method to be stronger

do you think it will strech :think

one exam down 2 to go after 2weeks and one of them don`t need to study for so lots of time to crochet :clap

Doggone, Darski- I guess the "gig" is up .

At least I tried .

Athba- well, I will leave it up to you as far as the yarn you would use for this one. I myself wouldnt use partly Caron SS and partly RedHeart, mainly because they are so different -- one is thin and stretchy , the other is thick and "scratchier) ,so they wouldnt really match real well in that regard .

Also, the only way I'd even TRY using SS for this afghan is if i was using a really small hook ( maybe an F or G ) and sewing each diamond together so it was firmer and more solid .

It's a nice yarn for certain items, but I dont think it'd work well for this one. ( Just my opinion, no offense meant to anyone who is using it and likes it )

I can't believe it!!!! I actually found the yarn I had been using for this one in my stash!:clap I was so surprised, especially since I gave away a lot of my stash just last week. Well, now I have no excuse but to finish this one. I'll post on Friday with my progress.

I did a quick test of my Varigated colour last night... I'm not getting too far on the regular part but we'll ignore that for the moment.

here is a pic of my varigated next to my Centre colour

psmix1.jpg

the next colour to be used will be the rosy pink

pscols1.jpg

What do y'all think. Should I be looking for a different colour for that colour B slot?

It might work out overall and just not be enough difference at this point but some of you have worked past this point so you know how it goes.

I did a quick test of my Varigated colour last night... I'm not getting too far on the regular part but we'll ignore that for the moment.

here is a pic of my varigated next to my Centre colour

psmix1.jpg

the next colour to be used will be the rosy pink

pscols1.jpg

What do y'all think. Should I be looking for a different colour for that colour B slot?

It might work out overall and just not be enough difference at this point but some of you have worked past this point so you know how it goes.

The verigated is pretty, but it is very close in tone to the red, so I doesn't stand out very much. Maybe a lighter red?

julie

thanks alot

acually i appreciate your honest answer

i might change a bit in the pattern i`ll do dc in the (ch1,skip st) place

then one more row of sc in each st and each ch to strengthen the motif and i`ll use diffrent joining method

this way i will lower the chance of the afghan beeing streched :)

the reason why i`m doing this that i bought the yarn from a short timr DH won`t alow me to buy more

i`ve paid more than150$ for the yarn and shipping it

pluss i don`t have enough amount of the yarn colors i want from RRSS so i don`t have other choice that to use SS :no

i`m usein 5mm hook and it`s getting pretty well :yes

Darski -well, if you want the truth, I'd say take out the variegated and go straight to the pink next. The V. doesn't show up with enough contrast with the red, then will stick out like a sore thumb with the pink .

Just my opinion ....( Don't get mad ):hug

t is

Darski -well, if you want the truth, I'd say take out the variegated and go straight to the pink next. The V. doesn't show up with enough contrast with the red, then will stick out like a sore thumb with the pink .

Just my opinion ....( Don't get mad ):hug

No not at all... :hug that is the information I needed. I'll see what else I have in my stash to replace that colour or to replace the pink if I use it next.

I haven't seen how colours can play out because I haven't gotten far along with this pattern.

t is

No not at all... :hug that is the information I needed. I'll see what else I have in my stash to replace that colour or to replace the pink if I use it next.

I haven't seen how colours can play out because I haven't gotten far along with this pattern.

The varigated is pretty, could you use it in a space seperate from red, maybe someplace that needs smaller/less diamonds?

Archived