**Prairie Star PantyWaist Club **

JulieKay

Okay, not gonna join this one because I'm not ready to do a PS yet but I had to stop and say I think this CAL name is the absolute best title you've ever come up with Jules :tup

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Cara !

Lisa- It's perfectly fine if you want to hang out in here-- we don't mind a bit ! We'd love to have you join in whenever you feel ready .

Darski- I know what you mean about colors. That could be one of the reasons i never have gotten beyond a certain point with this one. I know I have started it at least 8 or 10 times, but always chucked it .

I have a strange situation regarding variegated yarn - I think ALL of them are pretty in the store, but no matter what I buy them for ,or what I try making with them, I never think it looks as pretty in an object as it does in the skein .

The one I'm using now, though, doesnt bother me as bad . In fact, all my colors in this are very bland-looking and plain, but I kinda like them all together .

Even Sam commented HE liked them, and he doesn't like anything with much color or pizzazz in it .

Anyhow, good luck ~

I have a strange situation regarding variegated yarn - I think ALL of them are pretty in the store, but no matter what I buy them for ,or what I try making with them, I never think it looks as pretty in an object as it does in the skein .

The one I'm using now, though, doesnt bother me as bad . In fact, all my colors in this are very bland-looking and plain, but I kinda like them all together .

Julie - did you mention what colors you're using? I'd love to see!

Here is my 2cents for the colors:

1. Start with two "major" darker colors - like a blue and green. Then find two lighter versions of them. Then find a neutral that goes in the middle of them. Then find a background color like linen or ecru to balance it. Any or none of them have to be variegated, but the variegate should be short-strands of color, not long ones. Do you know what I mean? If each color goes on for about 2 feet, it will look weird. If each color only measures about a foot on the skein, that will look nicer.

I think that's the problem you have with variegates, Julie - I have the same issue. I've now learned to see how "LONG" each color takes til it blends into the next. The shorter the blend, the better I like it.

Moring Miss Krystal- yep, you shall see photo number one tomorrow - I just finished the 3rd round color and started on the last tips of the main star-- the 2, then one at the tip .I am determined to get those done by tonite to take a photo for tomorrow .

And yep, I think that variegated issue might be just the ticket .

I am using country blue,then windsor, then Bay Print ( I kept calling it Cape Cod for some reason ) -- but it has very short little pieces of colors in it, so it actually isn't as bad as some of them, then linen for the 2 diamonds before the final tip, then dark sage for the tips -- so they are all really dull, but I kinda like it for some odd reason . :think

I'll be using soft white for the light color .

Oh Julie that sounds so pretty. I can't wait to see it. I'm done working on mine for the week so I'll be trying to get the picture sometime today. That way I can have all my photo Friday pictures ready in the morning.

Ooh, I just got some Bay Print as a gift from a friend at Xmas. I have never seen it in person (I can't find it in my local stores) and it is BEAUTIFUL!!! I have a nice picture of all of your colors, and it sounds gorgeous. I have this dark to light thing, so I would have probably put the colors in a different order, but that doesn't sound dull to me - it sounds cool and relaxing!

Ok, so I found my unfinished one, but I don't think I keep the yarn skeins with it!!! I guess I'm going to have to go through my stash to see if I still have those colors. Here is my pic so far.

pics002.jpg?t=1199401591

Beth

Very pretty, and you are almost past the dreaded white sections-- that is always where I give up !

Sherri- great start !

I'll be posting a photo of mine here after bit - I got the center star part done .Will start on the white next .

Everyone's is going great. I have one more row to finished on a round ripple I've been working on for my living room and as soon as that is done, I plan to look for the yarn to continue working on my PS.

Everyone keep up the good work and thanks.

Hi. I hope y'all don't mind me joining. :D

Actually, I decided to join on Sunday and bought the yarn at Michael's 30% off sale on Monday. (I bought the RHSS, but couldn't find the others, but I think I can find them at Hobby Lobby or Wal Mart). I'm taking my time on this one...I pegged this as a Christmas 2008 present for my father.:gift

Anyway...here is my progress thus far.

002a.jpg

I don't know how much I'll get done this week. I have a lapghan that I have to get done by Tuesday (all I have to do is a couple of rows of edging, and I want to do that tomorrow in front of the T.V. watching the football playoff games). Plus I start back to work Monday after being off 16 straight days. Hopefully I'll get so I'll be close to....I guess you call it the white portion?

You guys are mean. These are all so beautiful that now I want to do one and I want to do one right now :lol:elle (this is the closest I could find to a stomping foot)! But it's way down on the list, after the 2 baby blankets, the double wedding ring afghan, and the wedding cross stitch sampler. I'm sure I'm missing some others in there too :)

Thanks for all the comments, ladies,:)

Donna- great, you are close to being done with the big white sections ! Good going !

Felix and Priszm-- we'll probably be around here for quite awhile yet, so jump on in whenever you want . :)

Lady -looks like you have a running start on yours !

Well, I think these are the colours I will be using. In this colouration it would be nice for may aunt's living room... well the one she has now but she is thinking of changing stuff soon :think

I may end up making some changes as I go... will only know that when I get there

pscols1.jpg

I will start with the Wine col. use the multi next then the light rose. the light and dark greens are pretty obvious and of course the white.

here is a close up of the multi. it has a lot of brown in it so I may either not use it or find another colour that uses that brown connection... :sigh

pscols2.jpg

I am determined to use only stash for this... I should be ashamed that I have enough stash to be able to make this as it totaled up to 58 ounces as written.

I expect that I may end up with a larger than stated ghan just because I usually do.

Well, I guess I could get my tail in gear and finish that centre

Archived