**Prairie Star PantyWaist Club **

JulieKay

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi. Thanks for the compliments.

I would like to use a varigated off white but have none.

So Im going to use an off white I think, a light green, a dark green and white.

Unless I change my mind.

Or I find some better colors.

Wish me luck, I'm going to need it.

Teapot:manyheart

Jean-that is really pretty ! Looks good- what are your colors called so far ?

And Krystal and Shay-thanks so much for finding those links ----

Krystal- I really was kidding you to look for it today, because I read earlier that you had a busy day planned, so I was just yanking your chain ---

Shay-thanks for saving the link-- you saved us all a lot of searching .

NOW, who is brave enough to pull off the whole PS pattern with this extended version ?

Thanks for everyone's good words. :hug

That is pretty - ALTHOUGH... I think the white diamonds might be placed incorrectly. I don't have the pattern in front of me, but where you have one sideways, I think it should be two on end again. Maybe not, but I don't remember doing sideways ones until the big blocks of background. If I'm wrong, forgive me - it's been awhile!

AUGH!!!! :yell Right after spending an hour on the same motif...frogging it left and right (adding a stitch where it shouldn't be, and forgetting a stitch where it should be). I took a break between the two playoff games, because I was getting tired.

However...I checked the pattern and everyone's pictures thus far. I still think this is correct...one section of white on its side. In fact, I think I did it the wrong way to begin with on a couple of motifs, and I had to frog.

Depending on how much I get done in class...hopefully I'll get the gray motifs on and get a good start on the dreaded white.

Well...just about kickoff of the second game.

Hi Everyone:

I'm kind of late posting this.

A special thankyou to hazelcreek for setting me straight on this.

I think I have finally got it figured out.:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc273/teacupsplace/prairiestarafghan002.jpg

Does it look ok?????

Teacup

I was hoping that you were able to understand what I wrote. It was late and I was so tired that I forgot to read over it and see if it was understandable! :lol

I think it's looking really good! If you need any more help just let me know!!

I'm loving everyone else's too. I haven't gotten much done on my, I've had to set it aside for a bit, but will work on it some tonight and try to get a new picture tomorrow.

:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

hello everyone

i love all the diffrent virsons and i promise to work on mine to have photo this week

the problem was i didn`t have much time to crochet i`m still buying stuff for my home and work on makeing it in the right place which made no empty space left :lol

Lady -yea, the white section is always where it gets to me too. The diamonds do kinda lay sideways-- it helps if you use the bigger version of the chart.. I think Darski posted it back a few pages -- then you can mark off each one as you do it if that helps.

:thair:rant Is anyone else having issues with photobucket? I have taken a :photo picture of my progrss on my PS, and I cant get photobucket to load. I have tried on two different computers. :irk

Soon as I finish the afghan I'm working on, I'm going to try this. I have had my eye on this one for some time now. And this would be a great time to work on this. It shouldn't be long until I can join in, I'm on my third skien of yarn now and it only takes five skiens to finish it.

Good luck to all of you who are working on this one. I have saw several beatiful afghans going on right now. :manyheart

Many Blessings,

Lynn~~in Kentucky

Hello everyone, hope it's okay if I jump in on this. I started this last night and have the first four motifs done. I'm a little scared about how it will go when I get to the sixth and have to join two sides. Will the second side join just be the same as the first side join?

Also, the colors I'm using are claret, lipstick (variegated and I want to see how it looks before I settle on that color), buff, country blue, windsor blue, and soft white.

Yours are all look fabulous so far.

I haven't gotten all of my colors yet. I did start with burgundy though. I only have 2 motifs done so far. Too many projects going at the same time, but I will stick with this!:D

Alright, I got some work done this weekend and thought I would go ahead and post it.

Fall-Prairie-Star-2.jpg

I am really loving how this is looking! I can't wait to finish it.

JulieKay, NOW, who is brave enough to pull off the whole PS pattern with this extended version ?

I have a kings sized bed and I might have to give it a go. I'll let you know if I'm up to it. ;)

Everyone's is looking great!!! I really don't like the colors I chose and since I started it a long time ago, I couldn't even remember why I chose those colors. Well, as I was working on it this weekend it suddenly dawned on me why... I was making it as a Christmas afghan for my churches Mission auction they have every November. Now I feel better about spending so much time on this. I will have it done for this November!!!

DUH!!! because you didn't have the points on your star, I didn't realize that the white was the background... I thought it was the next round of your STAR!!! Sorry.

'sOK. :manyheart I usually have two or three disasters going at one time. :blush

I got a lot more done this weekend that I thought I would...however I need to spend a little more time on Katchkan's bead class. It's weird going from beads and thread to yarn.:goodorbad

Hi. Does anyone else have a problem joining to a sc when you must.

I never know whether to join in the front of the last one or in the back of the sc.

Dumb question I know. So far I'm not sure about my joining methods.

Teapot:think

Felix-glad you remembered where this one was to go, and now you'll be more excited to work on it .

Teapot, I usually join from the back, I guess you'd call it -- you know, when you hold the 2 diamonds together ? --well, maybe it's the front.. I don't know, i just hold them wrong sides together and join when it's at a join. I try to go into other joins that are in the same place, so they all look like they are hooked at the same point.

Archived