**Prairie Star PantyWaist Club **

JulieKay

Oooh....I've always wanted to do this one, but I've not been brave enough to try. Have to pass on it, for now. The sad thing is that I have most of the colors suggested in the pattern already in my stash. :sigh Maybe I'll join in later on, but I really need to finish some other things up first.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Darski

Those are so pretty ! What yarn is that in the great big balls ? The pink and green are gorgeous.

Those are the standard RH pounders. I think they call it "comfort".

I would like to join! :yes I've had this pattern saved for sometime now, and I even has some stashed yarn that I could use for it. I really liked the RH Fall when it came out and even bought some of the other colors to go with it, so I at least have a place to start. I will try to get started on it this weekend so I can have something to post next Friday.

Hi. Me again.

Umm I kind of ran into a problem.

I know my center joins are alittle off when i finished my first six squares. Not sure how that happened.

I think I have two centers oops, oh well mayby no one will notice. I must have crocheted into the wrong spot.

So now I am at the point of joining the next color to the first six.

When I join to the middle do I join to the sc in the middle or to the two spaces on either side of the two squares???

Hope this makes sense. Teapot:think

Thanks, Tab

and Teapot, I think I know what you're asking -- i try to join all my diamonds directly in the centers of all the other joins, so they actually kinda look all "hooked together ", if that makes sense, that way, there aren't huge gaps between them .

If the center isn't looking quite right, you could probably go in with a yarn needles and kinda thread them together in the center, pull it up until they all look connected, then weave in the ends .

Just an idea ..

Thanks for replying Julie:

Yes that is what I meant about the centers.

I noticed some people join their squares on either side of two squares, if that makes sense.

Well wish me luck, I'm going to need it. Teapot:lol

My PS Photo for this week -

th_100_3049.jpg

Hey there Julie! OMGosh I love the colors you are using on this one! Just simply divine! I have faith that you can get it done this time. Speaking from experience... 4 under my belt.... It really is a simply and easy pattern! I love it and if I wasnt working full time now and spinning and knitting I would be right here with ya. I love this pattern!

To everyone one that's posted a picture!

What lovely work you ladies have already done. I am even more inspired to get this one done.

I started on mine last night (I had it downloaded on my computer since 2006 :eek) and wouldn't you know it I messed up on the very first motif. :angry I couldn't read the print and had to go back and enlarge all the type just to be able to read it. Looks like I need a trip to the eye Dr. again!:lol

Well, I'm off to try again. :hook

Teapot-- I know you'll get it straightened out and looking good !

Hazle----thanks. and good luck -- once you memorize the diamond pattern, you won't need the directions as much, other than the chart to see where they all fit -- I think a few pages back, Darski posted it in a larger size, so you might want to print that out to help you .

Thanks, Beth !

Brandy- it is so good to see you again ! How have you been and where are you working now ? Please don't be a stranger, drop in any old time, and thanks for the vote of confidence .

Hey Ladies:

I finally figured out what I am doing. Here is what I have done so far. Teapot:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

http://s212.photobucket.com/albums/cc273/teacupsplace/?action=view&current=prairiestarafghan.jpg

Looking Good Teapot!!! I will be posting a :photo hopefully today. I got way behind due to work and getting my DD situated for January Classes.

hello everyone

julie i really liked all the photos i`ll probablly start it but my progress will be sooooo slow cause i have the babette < shawls and totes to make< athrow for me and SIL`s

plus i`ll do some tiny stuff for my coming baby

but the pattern is more lovelly with all these diffrent colors and i love the blue`s in yours ;)

Archived