**Prairie Star PantyWaist Club **

JulieKay

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just posting my progress. I have completed CA, CB. and CC in the center and have just started on CD. I can't post a photo because my USB port is being temperamental.:( Moving kind of slow on this because I am floating between projects. Hopefully there is no deadline.:eek

Hi everyone:

I kind of ran into a problem.

You see, I could not find anything to go with the holly and ivy, so I tore it out.

In the process of tearing it out I thought I nipped the burgundy, so.....

Back to the beginning.:eek

So now i have started with a dark rose.

I have a mult varigated I think will go nice,

another shade of rose and I don't know if I will use the aran fleck, a white, and probably a couple of blues.... mayby a light pink in there somewhere.

Darski inspired me with her colors.

Anyway thats where I am.

Teapot:reyes

PSsideways.jpg

I love this one. Great colours.

Thanks for sharing your pics...

I am not ready to throw in the towel on this one yet... it just seems like the towel is hovering IYKWIM :wlol

Hi Everyone,

Ive been reading along everyones post and enjoying the pictures and very funny banter.

I have a rather silly question to ask... in the title to this thread.. what is a 'PantyWaist?' :think

I've never made a large size afghan.. mostly baby ones.. so I'm considering this to be my first.

Thank you!

A Pantywaist is a weak-willed person. It's old-time Julie slang...

I believe it refers to Julie herself, who has started and set this project down about as many times as a person possibly can. She's trying to finally not let this prairie star get the best of her!!! :rofl:lol

Julie, if you're out there, I know you'll be in here shortly to squash me like a bug... so I'm a -running fast!

I just wanted to say how much I am loving this pattern. I normally don't do motifs, but I like how this one is a join-as-you-go thing. Does anyone know of other similar designs that join like this?

A Pantywaist is a weak-willed person. It's old-time Julie slang...

I believe it refers to Julie herself, who has started and set this project down about as many times as a person possibly can. She's trying to finally not let this prairie star get the best of her!!! :rofl:lol

Julie, if you're out there, I know you'll be in here shortly to squash me like a bug... so I'm a -running fast!

Julie's too tired to fight so i'm gonna butt in here for her :devil:lol

10_2_25.gif

I'm still around! :hi

I took a photo of mine this morning, but forgot all about it. :( I'm working on the outside sections of it now. I was going to make it bigger, but now I just need to get it done. Two weeks ago everyone in the house was sick and had the chills and I didn't have enough blankets and afghans to go around. :eek (DS kept getting sick on them.) So now I have got to make atleast three to four afghans just to have enough around.

I hope to have the picture up soon.

Shelly

Donna- BEAUTIFUL !!!! Good for you on finishing.

Tralee- sorry you had to change your whole theme, but I have done that more times than i can count,so i know where youre coming from .

Krystal-- I shoulda known you'd be someplace in here stirring things up.

Tab- thanks for taking charge of Swatter-duty --- gotta keep K in line, don't we ? She's an ornery little thing .

Archived