2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

Sorry that I haven't posted lately. I think I'm going to win the shoot the moon this week. Okay, I finished the scarf for my sister in law's birthday, and busted the second skein I bought. Then I went to WalMart the other day and bought two skeins then I went to WalMart this morning and bought another skein. If my math is right, that brings my score to (drum roll) -18 :yes

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I am happy I started the week in good shape, because today I was gifted 6 skeins by my daughter, 1 rug yarn skein to help me finish my kitchen rug, and 5 lovely skeins of Paton's Brilliant yarn. Then she took me to AC Moore, and while she was going through the mill end bags I found one that someone had ripped open and apparently took some.

I liked the yarn (reminded me of SS shadows) and showed it to a worker, she said I could have it for half price, I couldn't turn that down so that is another 2 skeins, making it -16. But I was good and didn't get anything else, even though I drooled alot, :lol.

However, late last night and today before she got here, I made some more WUA patches, 4 emblems for my rug and one toy, using up 2 skeins and 2 balls for a +6 which cuts my total today down to -10.

My Stashbusting score: WTD: +9 YTD: +11

I balled up a lot of partial skeins, started a pair of gloves and finished one skein doing that. Now I've started a scarf.

Next week I won't do as well because my mil just told me she has a box of yarn to give me!!! :eek (:yay)

Oops...just realized this is late (is it Sunday already?)

Darn it, I needed more yarn for a baby afghan. I got the yarn for a round ripple. +10 for the week so far. I knew I should have waited until I was farther ahead to start it, but I have several baby gifts to make before spring, and need to get going on them. So here I go again, trying to dig out of the negatives before the end of the week.

Finished my afghan -- 2 1/2 skeins gone yeah... so that's a +5 and I can mail it off tomorrow. I just love this CAL - its keeping me so motivated and focused. what to start next -- or is that finish next??!! :)

My DH just brought the box of yarn that my mil wanted to give me. All I can say is :eek:eek:eek. I can't begin to guess how many skeins and balls are in there. It might take me all week to go through it and figure my score. (or I may just want to give up after I count it all.)

But I'm very happy to have it, there are lots of great colors in there :cheer:cheer:cheer.

Just finished up a skein on my Seraphina. Will probably finish up the second later tonight or tomorrow. So far I seem to off to a good start.

Megan - Heather can have the STM! After all, I ended last year with more than -2000... I've got enuff for a while! :lol

Without internet yesterday, I couldn't sit here... good for my RR! It's finished! Have to tuck ends of course. Used up 3 more full skeins & 4 partials... that's a +10 for the week already!

Have to take the Jeep in this morning so they can look at the stupid liftgate, computer thinks it's open... DD mentioned going to Michael's... and I do need to stop at the Dollar Tree. Hopefully I'll be good & get home early too. Need to work on stuff! :crocheting

I did horribly last week, but was off to a good start with football games yesterday! I turned 2 skeins of Suger 'n Cream into balls making washclothes...I just kept getting distracted during the Green Bay/Giants meetup LOL. That was a good game! So +2 for me yesterday! Oh, and I gifted a ball of RHSS to a friend making a hobo bag. I was so excited--she's a knitter who LOVES my purses, and when she saw how quick crochet was she insisted on learning forthwith! She just finished her first hobo bag last night...as well as a scarf.

I've been going to the Sunday afternoon sit 'n' stitch at the LYS and watching all these people knitting socks. Now I have this urge to knit a pair of socks. I would crochet a pair but I'm afraid the socks would be too thick for my shoes. Anyway, I ended up buying a skein of yarn because I didn't have the appropriate yarn to make socks.

So I'm starting off the week at -2.

I didn't have much time to sit any crochet this weekend, but I still managed to make some progress. I used up one ball completely yesterday and most of another ball making rectangles for WUA (not the SS challenge ones, just regular ones), so that puts me at +1 so far this week. Will try to get the last little bit of that ball used up and start the next one tonight!

Sara

Archived