2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

Started on a rug today, used 2 balls and one skein so far, will probably do more so not changing totals yet...I really don't like the feel of rug yarn, but have to get this done...

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey ladies, I did actually sign up for this awhile back and just finally used up some yarn. That makes a plus one for me. Not much but atleast I'm in the posotive!

I finished off a ball and rolled a skein into a ball for +2 today, but a couple bags of yarn should show up tomorrow VIA my Dad so I don't know how much in the negatives that will send me. :scared

Uh oh...I had a moment of weakness today after FINALLY getting my tire fixed - I stopped at the dollar store, went directly to the bins of yarn I knew were there because I had resisted when I first found them, and bought not a couple but TEN skeins :eek OMGosh I couldn't help myself... At least I was able to crochet a granny square dog blanket for my friends pug Suki while I waited at the tire place. (even tho I STILL haven't finished the ball) Just when I thought I was making progress LOL:rofl I'll update my sig later tonite.

I had a negative day! I needed two more skeins for my CAL blanket, and I bought 5 skeins for a blanket for my sister. So that is -14 for today. I am almost done one pounder on the summer lilacs so that will give me a +2. I will be in negatives for a while, but as my hubby said at the store "you have a lot of year left to make it up". Enabler, ay!

After updating my sig line last night, I realized I have a long way to go in order to get back on the Plus side of yarn life. Sometimes I feel so defeated.:sigh Feel like I am drowing in yarn :help

I see the large/overstuffed garbage bag stashed in my closet. When I go in our spare room, I see the boxes of Yo Yos, the thread and the yarn skeins lying around. As I vacumm around my bed, I have to remember to watch out for the many garbage bags stuffed under the bed. Would hate to accidentally run the vacumm over a loose end coming out of a bag. What a mess that would be. And don't forget the yo yos and skeins of yarn multiplying by my crochet chair. What's a girl to do?? :badidea

BUY MORE!!!! :hook

well I finally had to buy some yarn.. I have orders for some purses and did not have the right colors... I bought 5 skeins plus my Mom gave me 3 balls of yarn for -13 for yesterday but I'm confident they will be used soon... I havent figured all the balls I've used this week so I think I may still be in the positive for the week... I consider this a great accomplishment as ACMoore had all their yarn for 25% off and I didn't buy ANY extra

Well, I finally picked up my hook again last night. Unfortunately, I didn't get very far. I frogged the first 3 inches of a blanket I'd already started because I wanted to do a different blanket with the colors. I didn't get it all used back up though. I've decided that right now, I just don't have a comfy place to crochet in my house. :sigh

My computer desk is too cluttered, I can't get comfy on the sofa right now... Boo just won't let me and I don't have a headboard right now on the bed (don't ask) and the bed it too far away from the wall to lean up against and crochet.

Oh well... I'll figure it out eventually...

Last night we were out to dinner with some friends and their 9 YO daughter. I found out that the daughter's favorite food in the whole world is sushi...and I instantly thought of Mermaiden's sushi roll scarfl. When I got home, I did some serious stash diving and found some yarns that would work. So I whipped out my I hook and got to work. It worked up so quickly that all I have left to do this morning is the final outer wrap part, which I will hopefully finish tonight during my son's swimming lesson. In the process, I used up most of a skein of off-white yarn (didn't have white) and rolled it into a ball. +1 for me and all I used was stash yarn! Yeah!

On the other hand, I got a strange thrill from being able to go home, grab some miscellaneous yarn that I had in my STASH and use it. But if I use my stash up how will I be able to do that? I was going to go through my stash and give away a bunch of the yarn, but now I don't want to because several of the yarns I would have given away are the ones I used last night! If I had done that, I would have had to go BUY more yarn to make this scarf and been right back where I am now, only I would have been out more money.

Some one talk me down PLEASE! I want to keep all of my stash! It's mine and you can't have it! I just need more bins and I will be fine....

Sara

Ok, so I have been seriously trying to stash bust this week. I am currently at +5 for the week!! In the last 2 days I have made 2 3/4 hats, 1 wash cloth, and 2 little girls purses. (The purses still need lined, but that will come later when I can line several at once. Otherwise it is not worth getting out the sewing machine.)

I decided to just start working on the tote of yarn that is already in the living room, sitting under the coffee table at my feet and see what I can get used up out of that. Once that is done then I will look at the rest of the stash in my other totes, ziplock big bags, what is stashed in the closet, and the cone of cotten on the filing cabinet, the pounders that are bagged up for the double strand afghan, and the ball of baby yarn in the...oh dear, I need to work faster.

I say keep your stash unless you absolutely know you will never, ever use that yarn. I gave some yarn away earlier this week. On one hand I regret doing that but on the other hand I have to keep reminding myself it was sport weight and I don't ever make anything in sport weight plus it was yarn that I was given last year in colors I would never have chosen.

One of things I desperately need to do is to organize my stash between which was purchased for a specific project and which can be used for whatever. That will make my life a bit easier.

Archived