2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm also looking at a big ZERO. I've been working hard on that sweater, but there's only so much single crochet I can do in a day, and those pounds of yarn last a very long time. (One sleeve and the edging to go, and I'm DONE!!!):cheer

Busted another skein and rolled a partial into a ball. Don't think I will get this last skein used up, so I will post now.

ETA: Just finished the RR Rug and busted the last skein. I almost didn't have enough to finish the last row. It was close. See post 4508 for final score!

I would like to get back into this *game* if I can. I am way off track from the last time I posted. Have no idea what the score would be so if I may, I will just post as if starting fresh again.

off to change my sig now :wlol

Will edit this post when I get it fixed.

ETA:

This week -0+...

this year -110

Welcome Back. Sure have missed ya!!

I'm not going to finish any yarn today before the deadline. I've been working in thread most of the week so not making many busting points. At least I didn't buy a ton this week :D

WTD -1

Edited my score. I ended up rolling a skein into a ball yet tonight. :yay I might even finish off this skein before the deadline. We'll see.

I got the last skein finished up finishing my DD's spiral today so now my score is.....

WTD +1

Ignore the post above.

I finished the RR Rug and busted the last skein of yarn. I almost didn't have enough to finish the last row. I was :sweatthe entire last row. It was real close...real close but I made it :whew

My Final Score:

WTD: +27

YTD: +232

WOW!!! This was an amazing week for stashbusting!!! I'm amazed at how well everyone did.:hug:yay:cheer:clap

+27 Dreams of Yarn - GOLD MEDAL!

+24 dragonpuck - SILVER MEDAL!

+19 rlanto - BRONZE MEDAL!

+11 angelfire

+8 CLLinda

+6 JennyBunny

+6 Tia

+5 walker1021

+5 Ellie13

+4 Mollyanna

+4 econ-nerd

+1 hseger

0 darski

0 basjordan

0 KellyA

-5 Marzee - Shoot the moon? With a -5? Wow!!!:yay

Well, Marzee, you did get the only negative score for the week>:rofl

WOW. I got gold :eek

Making that 2 strand RR Rug really ate the yarn. I'm glad I had it all in my stash cause I sure didn't have the money to buy all that yarn. It took 48 ounces to make it.

Everyone did fantastic busting stash :clap

Starting off the week on a good note. I am making kitchen goodies for Christmas this year, so I have been testing stitch patterns and making test dishcloths. Busted 2 skeins of cotton.

+4

I agree with Lynn. A -5 as the Shoot The Moon means we all rock at busting our stash and resisting the temptation to buy more!!

My mom just came back from my grandma's house with a garbage bag full of plastic bags. Looks like I'll be getting 10 or so balls of plarn. So, we'll go with -10 and we'll up that when/if she makes more then 10.

I rolled a skein into a ball tonight :yay starting out good. Now if I can just stay good the rest of this week. I've got to go to JoAnn's tomorrow for other crafting supplies I just need to stay away from the yarn section. :lol

I did resist the yarn at the thrift store today so that's a start. :D

:cry:(

I really apologize for being the spoiler in an otherwise positive roundup. But, HEY!, Congratulations to everyone else, especially those incredible medaling scores.:clap:cheer

The rains have most definitelty started. :2rain:rain I buckled down this past weekend and finally finished the 3+ year old 1SUB :D that was lurking under the stash pile. Used up one skein on the border (+2). I will wash it this coming weekend and dig out the names of local shelters who may want it. "Free at last! Free at last! Thank God almighty, I'm free at last." No obligations. No UFOs. No WIPs. :yay

Now to turn to that bag of little balls to scarf up some more points....

-Marzee

Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +2/YTD: 0

Silver medal for Stashbusting: 08/24/08

Sat. afternoon a friend said "I'm going to A.C. Moore, want to come?" I'd be :loco to say no. I had coupons for Micheals (they take them), and I needed Vanna's yarn because I'm going to enter the contest. We didn't find all the :yarn we wanted. She said "There's a Micheals about 20 mins. away, lets try there". How could I say no, she was driving :lol. Vanna's yarn was on sale, 2/$5.00, I got 6 skeins (-12) :sigh. I got back too late to post, so I'm starting this week in the hole :(. I'd better get :crocheting or I'll shoot the moon this week.

WTD Score: - 12

Ellie 13

I took care of 4 balls of cotton and a ball of plarn. So, that's +5 for me. I am taking a break from crocheting to play at killing vampires.

I've been working on baby things and I'm already up 3 points for the week.

But I have to do some sewing which takes me away from crocheting. So I don't know how many points I will get this week.

:manyheart

I finished my daughter's sweater!!!:yay Well, it still needs the buttons sewn on, but I have to try it on her first.

I bought a skein of pretty fuzzy shiny silky yarn from Dollar Tree yesterday. I think it will make a most interesting hat. But that brings my WTD to -2. Some day, I will see the positive side of things.

Have fun crocheting!

I just got back from voting. There was a bit of a line, so I :crocheting while waiting. I got some strange looks because everyone else was reading those booklets about the candidates and questions (last minuet cramming :lol). I got 2 rounds on a granny square done and used up a small ball (+1). Last night I rolled a skein and used up a ball (+2). 15 squares done and joined, 10 more to go :cheer. This afghan will be done by the 20th.

WTD Score: - 9

Ellie 13

Archived