2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

+34 walker 1021 GOLD MEDAL!

+17 Marzee SILVER MEDAL!

+12 angelfire BRONZEMEDAL!

+11 appy lover

+8 clocke

+7 Dreams of Yarn

+7 jeannie1205

+6 LegalWoman17

+6 basjordan

+6 CLLinda

+6 Ellie13

+4 itzhunic

+4 yarncat

+3 hseger

0 Krystal16

-1 JennyBunny

-7 dragonpuck

-22 ldyer1 - SHOOT THE MOON!

:yay:cheer:yay:cheer

It was a pretty good week for everyone! Congratulations to the Gold, Silver and Bronze winners. Let's keep up the good work and bust some stash!

:manyheart

Sorry for the delay in posting - working on the Olympic changelle

Only got +3 last week

That is one pounder and one 8 oz rolled

Oh well at least it is postive - got to work on my TYD

So close...Only 1 point out of the medels this week. My closest week ever! But check it out, thanks to the games deadline last night I busted 1 skein, rolled one down to a ball and busted a ball. Then this morning I made another hat and busted another ball. I am at +5 and it isn't even noon on Sunday!!!

Also how great is it that only 3 of us were in the negatives this week, and shoot the moon was under -25, that is great. If we all had a few more weeks like that we might even be able to buy yarn without guilt!!

I had a very productive day, I divided my yarn all by colors and put into tubs, and I took all my caked yarn, and the remainder of my balled yarn and gave it to my daughter as she lost her stash last week. We "caked more than 200 balls this weekend, and made 65 cakes today alone. so my beginning score for the week is +65 as I gave her all that yarn and I also have a box that I haven't counted yet that is going to be used to make Snuggles , they will be done by a local group as soon as I can get in touch with them. I hurt my wrist and I don't know how much I will be able to crochet this week, good thing the Greek games have finished:c9

Wow, Angelfire,

I'm so sorry you hurt your wrist. I feel very badly for our friends who are limited in their therapy, I mean crochet ability. I hope you and itzhunic both heal quickly.

At least you started your week with a huge positive. I'll bet the newly organized stash is a beautiful thing!

I finished a skein of RHSS last night, so my WTD is +2.

:hug Thanks BASJORDAN for the well wishes with my hand!

So sorry ANGLEFIRE that you have an injured wrist now! :hug

I've missed posting and busting my stash! :yes

:yayMy hand is healing nicely and I'm going to be crocheting as much as I can handle this week to catch up on my projects. :yarn:yarn

:cheer I have "funky" yarn I would LOVE to send to someone if they'd pay for the postage for me. PLEASE HELP ME to get my score up since I haven't been crocheting for a few weeks! :manyheart

BERNAT VELOUR 7 skeins tan 3.5oz ea.

LION BRAND FANCY FUR bold black with bright colors of yarn and knots of color throughout- 4 skeins 1.75oz ea.

5 skeins (label fell off but I believe its a yarnbee type) of yarn that has knots throughout, velour feel to the yarn that is thin - 3 red blue yellow, 1 red/burnt orangy, and 1 blue brown yellow orange

PATONS BRILLIANT blue shimmer 4 skeins 1.75oz ea

:hook PM me and let me know if you are interested! :hook

Lauren

A silver medal! With all those out there busting SS on a daily basis and coneS of thread! No way! :nworthy

Thanks to all those who sent congrats! That is so very encouraging.:hug

Alas, I'm not sure how far I'll get this week. And Labor Day weekend I plan to be "laboring" on Krystal's Daisy square. :think I'm sure a lot of frogging will result. I'll have to be sure to review that tricky background color attachment....

-Marzee

Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +9/YTD: +17

WOW! Last week I got the Shoot the Moon award and this week it was the Gold. From one extreme to another...lol Congrats to everyone who was able to stay in the positives this week!

WOW! Last week I got the Shoot the Moon award and this week it was the Gold. From one extreme to another...lol Congrats to everyone who was able to stay in the positives this week!

Good for you!

A silver medal! With all those out there busting SS on a daily basis and coneS of thread! No way! :nworthy

Thanks to all those who sent congrats! That is so very encouraging.:hug

Alas, I'm not sure how far I'll get this week. And Labor Day weekend I plan to be "laboring" on Krystal's Daisy square. :think I'm sure a lot of frogging will result. I'll have to be sure to review that tricky background color attachment....

-Marzee

Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +9/YTD: +17

With Krystal's illustrations and very concise directions, it is a great square to do and very easy after the first one, much easy than the graph ghan I am working on.

I used up a skein and rolled 2 (+4) :cheer. Sunday I went to A.C. Moore because I needed black :yarn and RH SS was on sale. I wanted to buy just 1, but from 4 PM to 8 PM everything was 25% off (even sale stuff). I got Black, Orange and 2 called Turqua (a neat blue color) at $1.94 each (-8) :(. I'll have to make lots of spiders and pumpkin pins this week to get some points back.

WTD Score: - 4

Ellie 13

I busted two skeins of RHSS today. I have two more to go on this RR I'm working on, and I'd love to give it to the recipient on Wednesday, so I'm going to try to do it again tomorrow.

My WTD is +6. My YTD is -176

I am really busting this week trying to make up for 2 weeks of nothing but thread :lol

I busted 7 balls of Peaches and Creme on a 2 stranded hot pad runner but then I went to JoAnn's today to get some yarn for a friend and got myself 2 big skeins of handicrafter cotton. I hope to use it up fast though making some placemats.

So my total so far is +7 - 4 = +3 :yay

I finished up a ball of yellow making sunflowers for my scarecrow. I just have to finish this scarecrow by Sept. 9th, when school starts.

Archived