2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

Yes - where you choose the font size, none of your fonts can use a size larger than 3.

I rolled a POUNDER into a teeny tiny ball last night. I've got to figure out a use for that little ball, I want that last point! :lol

Got it, thanks!!!!

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used up a ball and rolled a skein (+ 2). I thought I only had a large tub of pink yarns, but I found a small tub of blue and purple yarns. I think I'll make squares now that I have more colors to work with. I don't like working in only 1 color (or shades of one color), it gets boring. Unless someone requests it, I don't do it.

WTD Score: 9

Ellie 13

The tiny skeins go a lot faster than the super savers or pounders. I finished another one. This brings my WTD to -28, and my YTD to -39. I finished my silky, soft eyelash scarf. Now to try for a matching hat.

I got it all my stash into 1 large plastic tub :cheer. I've got mostly pinks and a lot of Christmas yarns. I used 2 skeins making 2 baby afghans and 3 balls making turtles and flowers (+7). Nobody wants anything in pink anymore :sigh. If any one here needs pink, just say so and it's yours :devil. A.C. Moore is has RHSS - $1.99 and Caron pounders - $ 4.99. I think cotton is on sale too :think. I might be tempted, because I have to get stems for the flowers.

WTD Score: + 7

Ellie 13

Congratulations Ellie!!:clap I can only dream of the day that all my stash wil fit in one big plastic tote. Until then, I will keep plugging away at the stash on hand. :crocheting

I had to buy 2 skeins yesterday to replace the 2 that didn't match what I was working with so -4 more. :sigh oh well next week will be back to busting again. :lol

I've felt better the past couple days in I can't remember how long. :cheer

Got up early on my own and crocheted up a storm :crochetingbefore the family arose.

Used 2 balls :yarn:yarn for charity squares and finished a skein :hookfor the edging on shawl and matching lapghan. :clap+4 sig updated

WTD +15

I got a care package from my secret pal with yarn in :woo oh wait that means my score goes down oh well I got more pretty purple yarn so it all balances out :rock

-21 WTD

-18 YTD

Another gentle (but pushy :lol) reminder. It is saturday and scores are due in by midnight, in your text (not just siggy line) in BOLD, BIG, COLORFUL digits.

Thank You.

As for me 1 more skein of Brilliant gone. +2.

WTD +3 YTD +348

Thanks for the reminder, HappyOldCrochet! We appreciate you doing this for us.

I worked on a small wreath yesterday and part of my afghan, so I give myself +5 for the week

I may get more done tonight but then I may forget to post. The guys are going to the sox game and I am going to the beach for a little relaxation. Watching the waves and crocheting is very peaceful. Whatever I get done, I will just post for next week. It will be a busy week because I am running the nursery for VBS again.

WTD=+5 YTD=+87

My goal is to break 100 by September!

I know it's not a huge score this week, but at least, it's in the positive.

Have a good week, everyone.

:manyheart

And I have a new pattern that comes from my celebration of using up some skeins finally.

Yes... even pounders come to an end if you make enough doll clothes.:yes

This week + 4

This year -90

At least I started off on a good foot, even though I still wound up in the negatives. :blush I used up 4 skeins and a ball (+9), but then I wound up buying 7 for my afghan (-14), so for the week I'm at...

WTD= -5

I don't think I'll see positives again until after I finish this 'ghan!

Last week was out of town and this week trying to catch up on household duties. Have been working on several projects but not completing full skeins.

WTD: 0 YTD: 29

Archived