2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

Blech. I've been working s-l-o-w-l-y on an afghan using caron pounders. Not making much progress tho, because there's been a lot of issues with the house. Hopefully, it will all be resolved soon so I can stop worrying and start crocheting!!

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

finished a skein working on one of my shawls!!!

then I rolled a skein into a ball.

YEA added +3 to my score!

I caved and am starting a quilt-ghan and HAD to buy all my yarn today. 12 colors, two skeins each for 24 skeins and -48 points... :blush But it going to be a lovely afghan whenit's done :D I doubt I'll bust much before tomorrow evening but will post an update then.

I'm going ahead and posting today because we've got LOTS of stuff on the agenda for tomorrow with DH leaving for training with TransAm on Monday :(

I managed to use up two skeins of the wool I got in a RAOK (+4) and a ball of hot pink on a stitch marker holder (+1) so I'm at

WTD= -12 YTD= 204

I'll definitely get a lot done in the next 6 weeks with nothing else to do at my grandmother's, waiting for DH to come home! :yes

I used a whole skein of PerfectMatch today making baby bonnets. Horray! Made four out of one skein.

:manyheart

I have been knitting and crocheting all week and it just takes forever to use up a pounder making doll clothes. :sigh

But it sure is fun trying:clap

This week +0-

this year -74

Was able to get rid of 6 little balls this week while making fringe for my afghan. :cheerThat is that much closer to getting my YTD score back to zero.:clap

WTD +6

Now to go and try to finish the fringe so I can mail off the afghan (take a peek at my blog link below and look for the Tulip Afghan. Yes, I am proud of myself for this one:hook)

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

So far I am at +8 for the week but I really want to finish one more skein by tonight. Maybe I will!!!

Edit: finished one more and updated total above. I might finish two more by tonight, but we shall see.

Edit: finished another and updated total. One more possible, lol

Edit: finished another Yay!!! Plus it means I beat Krystal..hehe

I'll go ahead and post now just in case I forget later. I still hope I can get a few more balls used up but probably won't.

WTD -107

Well, I'm still at -36 for the week. I've almost finished a couple of skiens, but not quite. Oh, well, they'll count for next week!

Yeah so... I finished that runner I was working on.... didn't finish the spool of thread tho. Went shopping 2 days in a row and didn't even think about buying a skein of yarn!! Drove almost 2 hours (to go furniture shopping) and went to AC Moore... they had Caron mill end bags for $4.49... I don't think so! And Big Lots... yeah well, I had enough just walking in the door to that place! :scared

Went back today... not 2 hours, only 40 minute drive this time and bought the furniture... a very nice LR set (sofa, loveseat & chair) AND a king size mattress set for less than $2000! Sweet! :lol

Ok, so my score this week is +62

Archived