Groove-Along

JulieKay

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well! I FINALLY went out to get my yarn.......it is a very big holiday today around here, and everything is closed. But I have decided to make some flower power pillows, and then PERHAPS an afghan with a big rainbow heart on it.......I haven't really designed it yet.....but I have been thinking it through. For anyone interested in the flower power pillows, here is the link

http://www.crochetme.com/issue_1/fun_flower_pillow.html

I want to make a whole bouquet of them!

I started my Babette! I'm using Caron SS Brites and throwing in some white and a variegated that I can't remember the name of the color right now. I've decided to join as I go. Has anyone else done it this way? I like instant gratification!

Also...I was at a local antique shop this week. I found a groovy crocheted pillow! The tag said 1960s Kitsch to the Max or something like that. They were asking 22.50 for it. I took a pic with my phone. If I ever figure out how to transfer it from my phone, I'll post it on here. I immediately thought of this CAL when I saw it. It was hip rainbow colors. Very shagadelic!

Debbie, those pillows should go fast!! Have fun....

Jingerelle, joining them together without a plan, as you go, sounds like something perfect for me once I start that Babette pattern. Trying to put random colors and squares together after they're all dne can drive you batty!

I don't know if this is taboo or not but here goes... Ravelry has 11 pages of pics of different babette projects...I just drooled over there...I am thinking of joining you all here after the holidays...I wanna make the babette so much but will need the support of you all to finish it.

and I was born in 69 to late to be groovy then so why not now...:)

I would love to join this CAL after the holidays. I want to make the Babette blanket.

I read through most of the post (just about all) and I didn't see this one posted from lion brand

Mondrian Blanket I'm not that old (well I do remember some of the 70s), but from Patridge Family returns, this one kinds of reminds me of the bus.

Anyway I thought I'd pass it along to anyone who might be interested.

I am going to make Julie's bag (love it) and the Babbette blanket. I also like the flower pillows too. And not sure what else. I want to see some piece sign afghns done before I attempt anything like that, but the graph looks cute with the flowers.

Debbi

Debbi, that's an interesting blanket pattern - all done in one piece by following the chart, there's NO JOINING!

It's a pattern worth saving....thanks!

how many people on here are going to attempt to wing the Babbett blanket? I am thinking about eventually doing that too but I would love to know how you guys are deciding on how to set up your colors and where to put all your squares cause I know the patter itself tells you that if you want to follow it. That would be the hard part for me is figuring that part out.

i think i'm going to run downstiars tonight and grab the scraps of brites I have left over and work on a color chart and do some of the 2 rows even doing 50 of them can't take too long. I just have to figure out the patten.

Yeah I figured it would look kinda trippy all bright I am leaning more towards black than white as an addin color. But I will have to see I'll decided as I start doing them right now it is crunch time on a gahn for my step mom. I'm praying that it gets finished before xmas. My trip to the hospital earlier this month really set me behind in everything =o(

yeah I found a place that has a ton of pics i was just gonna find a really good pic and see what i could get off of it. I really wish I had the pattern in front of me lol it would make life so much easier. But I will send you what I come up with once I have it figured out.

I should get the gahn done. I have over 30 rows left but they go fast it is all single crochet but double strand with a p hook. 150 stitches so it isn't bad at this point it is just heavy and huge lol. I just did 15 rows tonight and still have 32 i think left but I have a few days and if I can keep going like this for a little bit after my daughter goes to sleep I should get it done. I just won't get it washed before I give it to her but that is ok cause she has the room to lay it out and let it dry and I don't.

hello all :hi

guess what ??? i have been sucked in to the babette pattern . i have 20- 2 row squares, 3-4 row squares and a 8 row :woo they are really fast to make up

i was reading a post here somewhere a few pages back and they said that they might join as they go??? i was thinking the same thing, is anyone else doing the same ?

i think the end task of joining all those squares together maybe a bit too much :faint

Debbie- the flower pillows will be cute in bright colors ! Make sure to show us some photos when you get them going good .

Jennifer- good for you getting the Babette going . Can't wait to see what you all come up with . :)

Michelle- thanks for jumping on board with the Babette-- I think I'll go in to post one and list the people doing the babette, that way you guys will have an idea of who all is in that group together and be able to contact each other more easily with questions,comments , etc .

Debbi - yep ,that Mondrian could definitely qualify in here with the right colors and it DOES look kinda like the Partridge bus ! :lol

Mel and Wendy- it sounds like if you guys put your heads together on this, you'll get it figured out, pattern or not .

I wish I was better at that sort of thing -- the only comment I'd have which may help ( and you've probably already thought of this, but I'll mention it anyhow ), is that if you wanna make say the 5 different sizes Wendy mentions, is to make one of each size ,then measure how many inches each one turns out, so that you would be able to do the placement on graph paper kinda like this ( and this is just for an example, I have no idea how big the squares would each be ) :

Say the 2 round squares are 2 inches square

4 round ,4 inches

6 round, 6 inches ....... etc

All you'd need then is to print out your graph paper ( lots of free online sites for that if you dont have any graph paper )

Then you'd be able to draw up a random chart -- so that you know if you put 2- 2 round squares together ( longways on the afghan ( like in a strip),then in the row beside them, you could put one 4 round to equal the size of the 2 round).... then if you'd use an 8 inch next, you could use 4 of the 2 rounds, or 2 of the 4 rounds ...

Anyhow, I'd better stop HERE, I'm mixing MYSELF up, so probably aint helping you guys out at all ...:lol

Archived