Groove-Along

JulieKay

I have no ideas for names & have thoguht about switching up my squares a couple times but I think i'm going to stick to simple and stay with my original one. I may just try to go with a variegated background to get a tie dye look or stay with white. Hmmmmmm........... :think :think :think Too early to think.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leslie

You are definitely a flower child -- it sounds like something they would have said at Woodstock ....you certainly have a way with words ! :lol

Tab- as long as you stick with the peace sign -- we can't lose a group member, our band is already small .

Hi all! Just thought I'd do a quick check in! I will definately be doing the RETRO AFGHAN! I am going to go yarn shopping when I hit JoAnns the day after Christmas and I'll get my yarn then. I still haven't decided what colors but I'm leaning towards black, hot pink and white (almost like the pattern calls for.) We'll see what strikes my fancy when I get to the store though! I think I'll probably use Caron One Pounders but again, we'll see once I get there.

I am signed up for Kathy's beaded crochet class for the new year so once that starts I won't be working on this as much but the class is only for a couple of weeks. But I'll be peeking around to see how everyone is coming along!

It'll be fun working with you again Jules! You always help keep everyone motivated and I'm sure you'll help me get this thing finished as well!!!! :crocheting

I found an old gahn that I am going to frog so I can use its yarn. It was made all in brites but I know I will never finish it so might as well make something useful. I should finish my xmas gift today and be able to start this tomorrow I will probably only get a square ore 2 done seeings as how I have to go to a party but at least it is a start. I"m gonna try to send you that chart again Wendy. When you finish your lest me know I would love to see what you come up with.

Morning Kim,

Well, good question !

I 'd like to draft you into our peace sign group, only because our band needs more members ! I guess we'll just have to SING louder, huh ? :D

I think there are several of you making items other than the actual Babette or peace-sign. A lot are making hats or bags or other afghans or pillows ... so that group could all come together as our third group .

If you guys all put your heads together, try to think of a name for your group too, then we'll have 3 ~ :lol

We could call group 3 the MoJos....LOL, I've been watching the Austin Powers movies this morning and I came up with either that or the Shagadelics....:lol

Kim

Greetings ladies :flower

Our Christmas is over early so now I can actually sit down and devote time to the project I have in the old noggin for this CAL :jumpyay I've actually been itching to get at it :hook

Morning everyone,

I like the name The Mojos. Sounds great that we have named our groups.

Im going to finish my color chart today and maybe start on some of the squares. I will see how I go. Everyone is coming over for Christmas Dinner tonight so have to get the food ready today.

Greeting Groovy Chicks !:hi

More Babetters in the world is a good thing. :cheer

Here is my Babette blog post, inc. photos.

Mine uses all 17 colors, and it seems one skein of each will do the trick. And a side note.. while one can do the panels in 'stripes'.. that will not result in the same look. Perhaps work those sections more along the line of a log cabin ? Both will work...but sorry your having trouble locating the pattern. As you will see in my blog post...the pattern was a large part of my experience. A trip I needed to take . :juggle

Pam, thanks for the link to your blog! One skien each of 17 colors ...sounds about right for someone like me with ADD and a low threshhold of boredom. My stash could use some pruning:lol

Julie, I don't think anything is left to do - we have a simple Christmas. DS always gets money - his favorite gift:P...and Phil has already gotten the small things he wanted...and he'd rather play Santa anyway;)

BTW: I'll be trying the babette - using scraps. I like the idea of making different sizes of squares and not being tied to a color pallete. It should be a true "crazy quilt" - and undoubtedly a year-long project. Something I can do at odd times.

Judianne: I've been doing the same thing with all the yarns since I started crocheting this year. When I have enough scraps, I make a 12 round granny. I plan to keep going until I have enough for a throw. It's definitely got a crazy look to it.

My colors, courtesy of Vanna White and Lionbrand Yarn:

IMG_2785_edited-1.jpg

From top down: Dusty Green, Honey, Brick, Olive, Chocolate, Purple, Dusty Blue, Mustard, Rust, Pea Green

My colors, courtesy of Vanna White and Lionbrand Yarn:

IMG_2785_edited-1.jpg

From top down: Dusty Green, Honey, Brick, Olive, Chocolate, Purple, Dusty Blue, Mustard, Rust, Pea Green

ooo they look like really yummy colours !!!!

those colors are nice, depending on how I do withe my first shot at this gahn I might eventually try one that isn't eye melting. Your colors are subdued enough to not melt your brain but vibrant enough to be totaly awsome. I love it

A Merry Christmas Eve morning to all you Babettes , Mojos and Peace-niks . :)

Cara- we will be waiting to see what you come up with on a pattern for this !

Wendy- do you all do turkey or ham for Christmas dinner or other things ? Guess I never wondered before about food traditions in other countries for the holiday .

I'll be making turkey .

And also, I forgot to ask you the other day about Croquettes ? I hate to sound like a DipWad, but what are they, some type of pastry item ?

Becki-love the colors you chose. I'm gonna have to give in and get some Vanna yarn .:)

Archived