Groove-Along

JulieKay

I have all my yarn for the Circle to Square blanket and now I'm trying to figure out how to mix the colors. I have 8 different colors, mostly earth tones. I'm thinking I'm going to do all the circles in the lighter colors but maybe have more than one color in the circles and squares to make it funkier.....I find this part to be the hardest to figure out!!

Kim

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started my Retro Blanket yesterday and I really like the pattern! It's mostly made up of 2 HDC's tog and since HDC's are my fave stitch this is a breeze!!! I finished my first 5 squares and instead of whipstitching them together I'm slip-stitching them together. I am making myself finish off each sqaure and weave in all the ends before moving on to the next square since I know how much I hate weaving in the ends. This ghan has a total of 136 squares so waiting til the end would be 408 ends to weave in (3 colors to weave in per square) so if I can keep my promise to myself I may actually finish this one! WOO-HOO!

I'll try to post a progress pic later today!

Julie, is there a specific day you want us to try and post pics or whenever??

Morning ladies :flower

Sounds like most of you have your projects off to a great start! :clap:cheer:clap

Now if I would just get mine started :blush I'm hoping I can finish this pillow for my nephew this morning then get started on my groovy project this afternoon so I have something to show for tomorrow. Won't take but a few days to do I think...it's just the getting started :P

Hello all! I am sorry that I have not been here too much....just super busy with the holidays and all! I finished one of my flower pillows and will post a photo very soon....I need my son to help me:blush...anyway, over in the seeking patterns threads someone asked for a peace sign pattern and another villager found this knitting graph, but of course it can be done in single crochet......

http://www.knittingonthenet.com/patterns/motifpeace.htm

I might try my hand at this next......seems like a nice way to learn to change colors while crocheting.......add a few flowers here and there and it is a very groovy pattern! Just might become a peace-nik after the holidays!!

I just finished my nephew's pillow :yay Gonna put a quick border on Tuon's lovey (the Christmas Goose quilt block she filched :lol) cuz she's going to get spayed tomorrow and I want to send it with her. I'm a nervous wreck about it. I hate when anyone I love goes under anesthesia, especially my furbabies :cat

After finishing the border and supper I'm gonna officially start on my Groovy project :yay

Hello everyone :hug

Here are the squares that I have made today:

th_DSC07086.jpg

th_DSC07085.jpg

I plan to do a few more this evening and then I'll turn in for the night. I have my squares mapped out and am working on the color combinations. I only have four colors so far and need to get shopping soon to get some more before I go into Babette square withdrawal :lol

So far I have 7 two rounds, 3 four rounds, 1 six round and 1 eight round. I want more colors (I think) for the ten and twelve.

I'm also tucking in tails as I go or I'd never do this project :lol Actually when I change colors I knot the yarn and stitch over the tails. All that is left at the end of the square is the beginning tail which I tuck in and I am leaving a long tail at the end to use for sewing together. So far so good :yay

And a few more squares to show before I turn in early this evening.

Three more two rounders:

th_DSC07091.jpg

Here is a pic of all of the squares so far:

th_DSC07092.jpg

I can't wait to see other peoples squares (and peace-nic blankies and other groovey stuff :manyheart )

Good night all :hug

Awww thanks for the good wishes for my baby girl :manyheart Y'all are the bestest friends a gal ever had :manyheart

Wendy - I'm making a bag. That's all I'm saying just in case my idea doesn't work :lol

Tabby and Mel you can do it. I will cheer you both on.:cheer:cheer:cheer

Thanks I am going to try to get everything all set up so I can start tomorrow I promised a friend of mine that I would get online and play a game with him since he has had no one to play with since a week before xmas. So I will be up late doing that tonight. BUt I am going to start tomorrow if it kills me.

Mel cant wait to see what you come up with.

I have been very busy with the babette tonight. Just doing one more 8row square then once thats added on I will post a pic. Its getting late so it probably wont be until my morning which is your afternoon.

here is my progress so far :crocheting

i have joined a couple. i am going to join when a get a bunch done, so its not soo much at the end :)

IMG_2504.jpg

Clare, you are groovin right along. Looks awesome. Pretty colors.

Archived