Groove-Along

JulieKay

Julie most people have turkey or ham. We had ham, chicken and salads.

The croquet is a parcel of food such as minced meat or vegetables, shaped into a cylinder or circle, encased in breadcrumbs and deep fried. I dont make them from scratch but buy them from a Dutch shop that we have here.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The croquet is a parcel of food such as minced meat or vegetables, shaped into a cylinder or circle, encased in breadcrumbs and deep fried. I dont make them from scratch but buy them from a Dutch shop that we have here.

My mother used to do that with leftovers....hard to keep up with feeding the 4 of us:D

Becki - great colors!!

Pam

i like yours

and yup i know it won`t look the same but simillar will be good

that was an idea for not drawing the full afghan eek :eek

becki

i love the colors

question please

what is so special in vannas yarn??? :think

i see all of you are so happy when getting it but when i checked the yarn it was acrylic

is there something special???

Athba, Vanna's yarn is very puffy...and soft right off the hook. You don't have to wash it first, like Red Heart SS to get it that way, either...it makes great scarves, afghans, etc.

Thanks Wendy-- that sounds a little like meat pie, or pot pie, that type of thing, only ours are baked . They are GOOD !

I love meat pies and pot pies! :drool I practically live on them during the winter :yes

And croquettes are like salmon patties, Jules. Have you ever seen those? Some folks call 'em croquettes but Momma said only fancy folks ate croquettes. The middle class eat salmon patties :rofl

Judyanne,

ADD ? Use it.. hyper focus can be a special blessing. :cheerJust hone those coping skills. I put all 17 skeins , the project , and the pattern in one of those HUGE zip-loc bags. Works great.. it's all right there, easy to work out of, and no messy house.

Pam I love that photo of the two kitties on the afghans on your blog! Too cute for words :manyheart They look like the tiny version of our Porch Cat Oliver :)

Hi Cara,

Nice to hear from you. I'm always admiring your stuff. :2rock

The two tiny kittens are from a while ago. That's Emily and Camille. Camille as gone on to be a working kitty at my friends farm, a job she prefers over the soft life. It just fits her born personality. Where my sweet Emily, a true earth mother type, is so gentle..and has turned into a little round girl. She's my crochet helper, and her new pictures appear often. Last one is on the first page of my blog.

I learned much with a litter of kittens. They are born with personalities.. and many things I previously thought were caused by their past life...may not have been so. Makes me wonder about me. :devil

Just imagine.. Oliver was once that tiny ! Emily sends him a big ol' Merry Christmas Eve ! meep, meep, meow...:cat

Judyanne,

ADD ? Use it.. hyper focus can be a special blessing. :cheerJust hone those coping skills. I put all 17 skeins , the project , and the pattern in one of those HUGE zip-loc bags. Works great.. it's all right there, easy to work out of, and no messy house.

I actually dragged out a duffle-style bag:lol...but I do have those big zip lock bags, too. It'd be much easier to see everything that way - another of my quirks. In fact, I should put EVERYTHING in those clear bags, even my charity projects. I forget what I put, and where:blush

judy

for me i`ll buy cute baskets that contains cover with them from IKEA

to save my things

in those baskets i`ll put plastic boxex with sticker of the name of the project and it`s yarn

thats where i wont loose any thing, no missy house, nice looking, and will solve my biggest problem the yarn ends when the tied with each other i reach a stage where i wanna cut them all :mad

and thanks alot about the info about the vanna`s choice

I actually dragged out a duffle-style bag:lol...but I do have those big zip lock bags, too. It'd be much easier to see everything that way - another of my quirks. In fact, I should put EVERYTHING in those clear bags, even my charity projects. I forget what I put, and where:blush

I'm not saying it's a perfect plan...I've lost my almost completed Matinee Swing Jacket towards the bottom somewhere:think...but it does improve the odds. That one is simply a matter of fate now.. It will appear when the time is right. :wink

My newest deal , is I have been making a series of cotton market bags to keep projects in. This works pretty good for less long term things than an afghan. And it's easy to see what the heck is in there. And more small things are getting completed !:dance

I bet your going to really enjoy the Babette !:heart

I have some wonderful purple yarn...and after looking at the pictures in the Babette pool, I think I may go with those instead of all different colors...I certainly have enough and the blankets with the same color "family" seem really nice!

Merry Christmas to all you Groovy Chicks !

Hope yours is really cool and far out, man ..

I guess this thing may start building some steam once today is past -- more time to work on it ,huh ?

* And Cara- So if the rich folks call them croquettes, the middle class calls them salmon patties... I'm trying to figure out what us yokels would call them .

I think we'd just call it a can of TUNA and slap some on a hunk of bread .:D

Judy that sounds great. How many different purples are you going to use for the babette.

Every one I have...:lol I was gifted a huge bunch from one FGM, and others have sent me some, too, so it seems the perfect solution. All the colors I had originally thougth to use got me to thinking better of it - esp after I saw some of the pictures.

This is the PERFECT portable project, esp for someone like me with a low threshold of boredom....

Judy its going to look great. Have you started it yet. I have started the 12row square and am on row 8.

My DD saw my color chart all printed out and thought it was just the funniest thing. I have it sitting here and as I do the squares I can cross them off.

Merry Christmas to you all.

Archived