Groove-Along

JulieKay

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I started some 8" squares. Not exactly - Super Groovy but I was inspired by this thread to start this granny to use up my stash of these colors - I originally purchased all these (Red Heart Ocean, Medium Blue and Ameythest -sp?) to do a ripple. I have pleanty but I couldn't swing the ripple (long story). The granny will do so much faster for me. The squares are 8" so it should grow quickly! I'm thinking diagonal rows of like colors.

squares.jpg

Very pretty, I love that ocean variegated. :cheer

Ok here are my 2 12 row squares, I was going to make them exactly the same so you could really see the difference but I forgot to do 2rows of orange and there was no way I was unpicking it again so I put a row or red on the end which I think looks better anyway.

th_P1030016.jpgThis one was done all on one side.

th_P1030015.jpgThis one was done by turning my work after each row.

Both are groovy! :clapI have to say the one on the bottom is my fave though. Are you using them both or did I already miss that somewhere? :think:lol

I hope to get to start on mine today. I guess if i'de get my rear off here I could, huh? :lol

I'm just waiting on my baby sitter then I am out to go find my new yarn and return a few things maybe pick up a cool video game that the whole family can hang out and play. But I definatly want to make a few more squares today I am doing my 2 row squares but I think I like Wendys idea of joining as you go makes it seem like a less daunting task later

Ok, well I went shopping today and got my yarn. Nothing really popped out at me but here's what I'm going with for now. I picked black, cream and light pink... (Isn't that pretty close to the original pattern colors? YIKES!) We'll see how it turns out but every color combination I put together didn't do it for me and this was the only color combo I even remotely liked. I dunno... I may actually start this project sometime this week. We'll see... I was going to use my Christmas break to do something knitted but for some reason I'm not in the mood to knit... UGH! Although, I did pick up the "I taught myself to knit" package from Michaels for $5 today so maybe I will... Boy, am I indecicive today or what?

Hope everyone had an enjoyable and happy Christmas. As for myself, yesterday I mostly relaxed and worked on my ripple and I also started making squares for this afghan:

http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/70408AD.html

I am really enjoying making these circles to squares. The yarn I am using is Vanna's Choice yarn in mustard, honey and pea green. I also had a chance to see a few babette ghans on line and I must say they where a real work of art. I am not going to officially join anymore CALs because I am finding that once I join one I have a tendency to not finish the project that I joined the Cal to work on. I guess for me joining CALs do not work. But I will be posting on this CAL once in a while if it is okay. Hugs and blessings to all :hug

Okay, so I sat here all morning & then I played legos with Jaden. Oh then I e-mailed some Christmas pics. to my Mom in KS & then I made lunch. Now i'm back here. :blush I may actually crochet sometime today. :heehee

It's one of thise days here too! I took ds to his sitters- then I sent dh to pick him up because there were sick children there. I'm sick but I guess my germs are different. DD and I played Dog-opoly for 4 hours. I had to hide lots of money to let her win just to get the game to end! The crochet is sitting here but if I'm on the computer- I guess nobodys working on it :lol

I would like to join and I think I am going to do the Circle to squares afghan that is on the Lion brand site. They are using brick, rust and mustard which is kinda retro. I may have to change the colors up a bit but will need to go yarn shopping to see.

while I am out tonight returning and buying new stuff I am stopping at at Michaels and I am gonna pet me some vanna I might pick out 3 colors cause after the babette I am going to try the circle to square gahn I might just pick up one skein of each color for now. But I am definatly gonna pet it.

Ok here are my 2 12 row squares, I was going to make them exactly the same so you could really see the difference but I forgot to do 2rows of orange and there was no way I was unpicking it again so I put a row or red on the end which I think looks better anyway.

th_P1030016.jpgThis one was done all on one side.

th_P1030015.jpgThis one was done by turning my work after each row.

Beautiful, groovy color scheme, Wendy!

I fought it but it's official - I'm making the Babette blanket :D Here is my Babette beginning:

th_DSC07081.jpg

I am using Caron Simply Soft in both the subdued and brites. I'm not sure just how groovey it will be but... I am using up a bit of yarn that I have around the house and then will buy more as I need it (right now I have four colors but will need more than that :D ). I think we are heading into town tomorrow where I can get more yarn (Wally-world, Joannes and AC Moore - I'll send hubby off to some sort of electroninc store and we'll both be happy :lol)

I'll have to get these squares mapped out and planned a bit since I don't have the actual pattern. Just out of curiosity - how big does everyone's two round square copme out to be? Mine is about 2 3/4 inches.

I fought it but it's official - I'm making the Babette blanket :D Here is my Babette beginning:

th_DSC07081.jpg

I am using Caron Simply Soft in both the subdued and brites. I'm not sure just how groovey it will be but... I am using up a bit of yarn that I have around the house and then will buy more as I need it (right now I have four colors but will need more than that :D ).

I love those colors together!

Kim

Archived