Groove-Along

JulieKay

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello ladies. I haven't had a chance to start my ghan yet. I have been so busy & tired with the holiday rush. Today has been filled with "Mom will you?, Mom can you?, Mom please.....," you get my drift. :lol Which is what the holiday is suppose to be like but they got up at 5 a.m. after not going to sleep until after 11 p.m. & I didn't get to sleep until after midnight. And when they got up they got up sounding like the Kentucky Derby, galloping around in circles upstairs because they were so excited. The funniest thing was that Jaden the youngest was still laying downstairs with me behaving like an angel. :angel He said he didn't want Santa to take his toys if he ran around & misbehaved :lol.

Okay, that's been my day. How has all of your xmas's been? :manyheart

Pam

i like yours

and yup i know it won`t look the same but simillar will be good

that was an idea for not drawing the full afghan eek :eek

becki

i love the colors

question please

what is so special in vannas yarn??? :think

i see all of you are so happy when getting it but when i checked the yarn it was acrylic

is there something special???

It's my first time with Vanna's yarn. But I loved the color pallette she has available and I really like the thickness and softness of the yarn. It just screams afghans. I'm using a J hook and I've got several squares done. (I'm turning rows)

My sis gave me a whole bag full of more Vanna yarn for Christmas last night.

Howdy everyone

I had done a 12 row square and now Im doing it again as I dont like how it looks and this time Im turning rows. I can post the 2 of them later on so you can what they both look like. I have found that by not turning after every row that the square ends up looking crooked.

I started some 8" squares. Not exactly - Super Groovy but I was inspired by this thread to start this granny to use up my stash of these colors - I originally purchased all these (Red Heart Ocean, Medium Blue and Ameythest -sp?) to do a ripple. I have pleanty but I couldn't swing the ripple (long story). The granny will do so much faster for me. The squares are 8" so it should grow quickly! I'm thinking diagonal rows of like colors.

squares.jpg

Lorraine, those colors are gorgeous!

Wendy, it sounds like turning for the grannies is best, then...

Well, I'll be signing off soon. It's been a long and tiring day....

Ok here are my 2 12 row squares, I was going to make them exactly the same so you could really see the difference but I forgot to do 2rows of orange and there was no way I was unpicking it again so I put a row or red on the end which I think looks better anyway.

th_P1030016.jpgThis one was done all on one side.

th_P1030015.jpgThis one was done by turning my work after each row.

Ok here are my 2 12 row squares, I was going to make them exactly the same so you could really see the difference but I forgot to do 2rows of orange and there was no way I was unpicking it again so I put a row or red on the end which I think looks better anyway.

They're both very nice squares. But I must say that I prefer the 2nd one. I really like the red border and the definition is much sharper with the turning :yes Just my unsolicited opinion :D

Although I have never done a granny the second way, turning after each row, I definitely can say I like that way better. I think I will have to do mine that way. I also like the red outlining the green color...nicely done.

On a Christmas note, between my two teens, my best friend at work and my ex I managed to get 16 skeins of yarn, $95 in Joann Gift cards and the crochet answer book...I scored! Gotta go to work in the morning tho...omg is that the time...night all!

Wendy, I like both squares but I do agree the second one isn't at all crooked looking and I love the red border. I think I am going to have to turn mine and hope they come out half as nice as yours did.

While I am out exchanging and returning tomorrow I might stop at Michaels or AC Moore. I am going to look at the brites and just make sure there are no colors that I want that I am missing.

Thanks everyone, now Im going to do 2 6row squares that will go next to it. Just have to look at my chart to make ones that dont end in the red color.

Michele you did well with your christmas presents. Have fun deciding what to buy with your gift card.

Wendy -

I like both squares-- are you going to use both or were you just making 2 sample ones to see which you liked best ?

I see what you mean about the all-one -side looking a little off center, but I doubt it'd be noticeable in the afghan mixed in with all the others. I do think the second looks more centered, but they are both pretty .

Michelle- wow, good for you ! You will have a nice big pile of yarn with all you got and all you'll probably get with your gift cards !

Sounds like you have a good start then Wendy-- good for you ! I am making the peace-afghan and am on row 3 of the squares . I am making just a bunch of squares now, then will add a bunch at a time. Sometimes i do it one at a time, but will just do it both ways depending on the mood I'm in. It definitely is best to add as you go, though .

Hi, Wendy!

I love the colors on your squares and definitely see the difference in the two. I'll have to turn as I go. You have a very good eye for arranging colors.

I don't have the patience to make a chart like you have, which is why using just purples will work for me...can't go too far wrong that way!

Have a great night, my friend - back later!

Judy thanks. I will be interested to see how your purple one comes out. That might be a great idea to make for the girls in their favorite colors. Something to think about later on. If I did do one like your doing I wouldnt bother with a chart either.

Archived