Groove-Along

JulieKay

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I'll go in to post a list of the people doing the babette, that way you guys will have an idea of who all is in that group together and be able to contact each other more easily with questions,comments , etc .

i think this a wonderfull idea !!!!:clap

Morning Judy !

How are you today ? Doing any last minute baking or shopping this weekend ?

I braved the stores yesterday morning, but doubt I'll try THAT again today --- I think my chair sounds like a safer bet today if I wanna have any sanity left .

wow

wendy and melissa you two are having serious discussion about the babette :lol

i`ll give you a trick:

*as julie said about the sizes of the squares

1)draw ONLY ONE PANNEL contains all the squares sizes in it

2)the wedth of the pannel = the wedth of the afghan

3)the high of the pannel might be for example 10''

4)join the squares of the pannel with any joining method

5)make another pannel but useing diffrent colors for the squares

6)do numbers of pannels as much as you want to reach the perfect length you need (for example: each pannel 10'' high, you need an afghan 60'' high, so you need 6 pannels)

i hope this was clear and easy

Julie, I don't think anything is left to do - we have a simple Christmas. DS always gets money - his favorite gift:P...and Phil has already gotten the small things he wanted...and he'd rather play Santa anyway;)

BTW: I'll be trying the babette - using scraps. I like the idea of making different sizes of squares and not being tied to a color pallete. It should be a true "crazy quilt" - and undoubtedly a year-long project. Something I can do at odd times.

Judy

Sounds like your holiday plans are pretty well in the works, then. We have decided to do the money thing this year for most of the family, although we got Cam presents ( more fun to open for a 5 year old )

and I took Cam yesterday to buy things for his mom -- he was so cute, and so CAREFUL with the cards. That part seemed to really have him interested the most. I had to read all the cards to him that were from a little kid to a mom . He kept asking me to read them til he had it narrowed down to 2 . He asked me which one I liked, then he chose the OPPOSITE one . :lol

Definitely MY DNA in him- I do the same ....think about something til it's narrowed down to 2, then choose the opposite one that someone recommends to me .... kinda like " fighting the establishment -type thing ) :D

wow

wendy and melissa you two are having serious discussion about the babette :lol

i`ll give you a trick:

*as julie said about the sizes of the squares

1)draw ONLY ONE PANNEL contains all the squares sizes in it

2)the wedth of the pannel = the wedth of the afghan

3)the high of the pannel might be for example 10''

4)join the squares of the pannel with any joining method

5)make another pannel but useing diffrent colors for the squares

6)do numbers of pannels as much as you want to reach the perfect length you need (for example: each pannel 10'' high, you need an afghan 60'' high, so you need 6 pannels)

i hope this was clear and easy

thanks for the info about the panels :) that was something that i didnt know ...any info is helpfull info :yes

thanks judy and clare

that was an idea to make the afghan easier to all of us :)

it`s better than starting to do all the squares and think where to put each of them and how to match

or to draw a full afghan which will frustrait you while crocheting and joining

I have been absent again ... but still crocheting. Julie I started the Barbette earlier this year but it is in the UFO container which has now become a large box of UFO treasures. I do not have the pattern but it is very easy to work out on graft paper. I started it with bright colours but like everything else I do I do not know what the final result will be. Now since I stumbled in this thread I would like to commit myself to completing this baby. I would like to be listed so that I will then motivate myself to do the deed. As there are so many in this venture I will surely be carried along by the tide of "Babettes". What do you think? :think

But as I am leaving for Europe in 4 days time, this will be something I pick up when I return at the end of January.

I would also like to add to all that I am having a ball looking at all the photos ..... beautiful productions. :clap:clap:clap

Athba my birthday falls around the time when your baby is due. :yay

with the babette pattern

am i aloud to ask how many rows each different size square has??? and the quantity i have to make of each size square??

if this is a question that breaks the rules i will remove it :)

Hi there Ines !

Good to hear from you . I'll go in right now and add you to the list . I hope this group is able to motivate you to keeping on task with the babette -- I like your name for the group of you working on it-- in fact, I think I'll change it in post one to the Babettes-- you guys sound like a 60's girl's band that way .

Have a nice vacation !

well hopefully today I will get some major work done on my last xmas gift and if i get enough done I will be able to sit and focus on something else for a little bit tomorrow is suppose to be crappy so I will have nothing to do other than work on the blanket =o)

Hi Everyone! After I finnish the giant granny I am making for my son(in Kool colors of lime green and black) I am planning to join the babbettes!That one will be for my daughter-so I will check with her(when she is home for the holidays)what colors she wants.

Leslie

Good morning Wendy. Yes, I hope to have fun and hopefully not freeze. We have had some rain up here as well and in general, although we have had a few very hot, hot days, it has been bearable.

I dug my babette out and had forgotten how much I had achieved. The colours are vey bright so I may tone it down a tad. I did not plan the colours as I grab whatever I have at home.

My New Year's resolution is to complete some of the UFOs I have .... I will try my best!:)

Today I want to complete my shawl and then I want to tidy away all my yarn that is decorating the lounge.

I think I am going to do mine in watermelon, lemonaid, mango, limelight, blue mint, berry blue, grape, and black and white. I have to sit and figure out my colors and such for my squares but I am going to make this if it kills me lol. Wendy if you have anything figured out let me know cause I might have to use you as my insperation lol.

Hi there Ines !

Good to hear from you . I'll go in right now and add you to the list . I hope this group is able to motivate you to keeping on task with the babette -- I like your name for the group of you working on it-- in fact, I think I'll change it in post one to the Babettes-- you guys sound like a 60's girl's band that way .

Have a nice vacation !

The Babettes does sound like a 60's girls band.... luckily we are only swinging our hooks as I am not sure how I would go swinging other body parts at the moment. :lol

I have dug it out and will have it ready to go for when I return. I leave on the 26th and will not be home until the 23rd January.

Archived