Groove-Along

JulieKay

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tab and Donna- I would do the peace sign in squares- done in black-- since I've never done a graph-ghan and my patience level is slowly getting slimmer by the day . It is now at .00000007 % and shrinking .

Now, what to do with the background ?

I bought some bright colors today- just gotta figure out how to make them look tie-dyed or something.

Donna- the flowers would be cute, too, but I'm no designer, so how could we do them ?

Any ideas, guys ????

Donna- the flowers would be cute, too, but I'm no designer, so how could we do them ?

Any ideas, guys ????

Hi, Jules....:manyheart

What about playing with graph paper and making a simple flower design, scattering around the background. If you use variegated you'd get a tie-dyed look, I think.

I have done 36 of the 60 I need for the scarf I am planning. Sure hope it looks as good as it does in my head. lol

I;m sure it'll look great! We are our own worst critics...and FYI: I also can't think of anything I've ever made where there wasn't some sort of mistake in it. I do a lot of ***ding!:devil

Okay, I was playing around with a graph a little. I have no idea what to do with the background. I tried swirling the colors & didn't like it but it may work with actual yarn. :think Anywhoo, here it is. It is only a lapghan. This is what i'll be doing after Christmas.

(clickable)

th_peaceghan.jpg

Kim-thanks for sharing that link-- that would be another good one !

Tab- that is cute- I like the little flowers . I'm trying to figure out too how to make the background swirl somehow or look like it's tie-dyed .....

Right now, I'm making squares, but have't figured out what to do with them once they are done - :lol

Julie - how about for your flowers on your peace blanket you just crochet a handful of little flowers separately and stitch them on afterwards?

The swirly part though I am not sure how to do... Would a varigated background work? :think

I can't wait to see pictures of all the groovey things people create here :yay

Karen- well, that's an idea too. It'd work out great if the background was something plain-looking or all one color maybe ,but I got 5 different background colors, so not sure how well the flowers would show up if I use them ....

You know, come to think of it Krystal's flower from her Square pattern would look about right in neon colors .....

Whew-- this part taxes my brain. I am no good at visualizing something and putting it into a pattern . I'm gonna try an experiment with the different colors for the background to see how it looks ..Hopefully as long as the peace sign is done in black, it should stand out against the other colors in the background .

Kim that looks great. I might try that one out too. :yes

I've got 7 skeins of Manos Del Uruguay wool yarn that I got for a great price on ebay and I've been trying to figure out what to do with it. I think this afghan will definitely work with the yarn I've got....may need to add a few more colors in other wools to make sure I have enough.

I'm going to get started on it today! :hook

Kim

Okay I think I have one figured out. I did two versions. I'm not sure which flower placement I like most. It's only one flower that's moved.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a371/Donna_G/groovypeacequilt2.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a371/Donna_G/groovypeacequilt.jpg

Then I was thinking of the border in black. This is the size of Cara's cuddles since that was the graph I used :)

I have almost decided on my colors. I need to go to a store that carries SS Brites I want to look at the 2 blues and see which I like better but it is going to be the blue as a back ground (either Blue Mint, or Berry Blue). and Mango for the peace sign.

Donna- great job ! I like the first one best, but wither one is nice, much better than I could have done !

This will be fun to see several different versions of the peace sign afghan !

Wendy- sorry you are having trouble locating the babette pattern . Hope one turns up for you .

I don't know if anyone posted this as a 'possible' project yet, but I like the looks of this afghan. It's called "Psychedelic Stripes Afghan." Groovy, man! :lol

That's a pretty far out ghan. I like it :yes

Archived