Groove-Along

JulieKay

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you desire the look of the Babette but do not want to make all those little squares :lol Look at the afghan on the Granny Along page. It's the one called A Leftover Blanket. You have to scroll down the page about half way to see it. No pattern- just figure it out yourself I guess.

Lorraine I like the multi ghan, very nice.

I would make the squares a bit larger. Say 8 inches. I've always wanted to do that. Traditional granny rounds- all variageted with a black border.

I can't wait to start! Perhaps tomorrow!

I just ordered that Granny Square Jacket Pattern from Maggie's Crochet!

I am always cold and would love to have something like that to wear around the house!

Wendy-- If you go back to the last page os posts, someone mentioned the magazine the original Babette was in, I know it was called Interweave and it was a 2006 issue. Maybe someone in the want ad section would have their magazine for sale if they no longer need it . :think

I think it'd be mainly just multi-rounded squares of all different sizes-- the trick would come in when you had to organize them into some type of order so they'd all fit together .

Lorraine, thanks for the link to those nifty patterns-- they'd definitely qualify and the granny jacket is really cute !

Welcome Becki !

I just found another one on lionbrand. http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/cms-vest.html

OK I MUST have this vest! :yay I really like it and found that Caron Simply Soft is a great (soft) substitute for Microspun (and way cheaper). I will be making this vst after I get my last Christmas project finished.

And I still think I'll get started on a multi texture (fluffy stuff and other odd-ball stuff left over) squares afghan in blues and purples and pinks (with balck borders) Maybe not quite "groovy" but it's in my plans anywho :lol

ACK!!!! :eek Didn't someone post a link to a graphing program? I can't find it..... am i blind? :( I want to start potting place for a Babette -style blanket, since I don't have the pattern, I am going to wing it.

Well I was going to resist this :eek But...... since I'm making a very LOUD wave lapghan I thought I'd see what all you guys were doing and saw both the pattern Donnalynn is doing and the floor pillow :eek I MIGHT have to join in with those after I finish this months stuff of course :blush

I've got my Babette all figured out on graph paper. And I think I'm going to use the Vanna's Choice yarn. I've heard good things and I felt it last week. It felt like good quality. I'll probably use Chocolate, Rust, Brick, Mustard, Olive & Pea Green.

Here's my one question, though: when making the Babette square, does it get a single slip stitch in the corner or two ss-es?

Hey Buddy-O's

Just checked in to see how everyone in here is groovin today ?

Becki- wish I could help you, but I dont have the pattern so not sure what the technique with the corners is --maybe someone else will have the answer for you . :)

I've been making my granny tote and it's about finished up already-- they go pretty quick, so if you need a quick project, give it a go. I'll try getting a photo up later today -

Hi Judy

Well, sorta, and sorta not. I was gonna use the granny tote pattern on the groovy site, but it was turning out to have big holes in it ( from the granny square---), so I used a solid granny instead ,but it wasn't really anything I designed myself, just kinda winged it -

I cant sew to save my life, so can't make a lining, so I needed something pretty solid .

th_100_3044.jpg

Hi Judy

Well, sorta, and sorta not. I was gonna use the granny tote pattern on the groovy site, but it was turning out to have big holes in it ( from the granny square---), so I used a solid granny instead ,but it wasn't really anything I designed myself, just kinda winged it -

I cant sew to save my life, so can't make a lining, so I needed something pretty solid .

th_100_3044.jpg

Ohhh I like!

Hi Judy

th_100_3044.jpg

That is fun- love the pony beads. I've been making alot of bright colored things like that lately for my 10 year old. I would like to make one of those in more muted colors so I can use it myself. What are you going to tote in it? :lol And is it like 12" x 12"? Please do tell!

Julie, that's neat!! What "groovy site" did you get it from...on the first post? When I make grannies I usually make only a ch1 in the corners unless it's not laying flat...hate the holes, too - and will not line a bag!

Archived