Groove-Along

JulieKay

Clare howdy and welcome. Im doing the babette pattern too well soon anyway. I dont have the pattern but went from the photo. Im going to use 7 colors and the squares are made up of 2 row, 4 row, 6 row and 12 row squares. They are the solid granny square which has less holes and then its just what colors you want to use and how you lay it out. You can use however many colors you want.

thanks aussie !!! i was wondering on the method :yes

ok im off to find some yarn :clap

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Babette was in the Interweave Crochet Spring 2006 issue. Here's a table of contents for it: the Babette is shown the 5th photo from the top.

Will give left kidney for the Spring '06 issue of the Interweave with the Babette pattern! I've got to make this blanket!! :faint

okok, so I won't give my kidney, but I'd definitely be willing to pay for someone's copy of that issue!

Also going to post this over in the "wanted" section....

Aussie-i just saw your post about the mag not being available !!!:bang:rant:tryme

i looked on :ebay but nothing there either

Yes its so annoying. Its a pity we cant find out if the pattern comes in any other magazine or book. I looked on ebay and couldnt find it at all. You know what its like when you cant find something you tend to want it more and more.

I found this website where this person shows how she made her Babette from the pattern.

http://www.tamemymind.com/blog/babette-blanket-crochet/

She made a total of 126 squares made up of 50 2 rows, 49 4 rows, 16 6 rows, 7 8 rows, 2 10 rows and 2 12 rows.

The pattern for the square is called Square Target.

This will help us a lot until we can get our own copy of the magazine.

Donna, that's a "groovy" pattern!!

And Wendy, thanks for that link...looks doable! Still not sure what groovy thing I'm going to make, though.

That's what happens to me when there are too many choices:blush

Ann-thanks for the link !

Angie- good job, you are almost done !

Judy- I know, it's hard the more choices there are ~

Donna- cute rug, you could do a whole bedroom in the flower-power theme with that rug and the flower pillows posted a ways back and Krystal's flower squares done in an afghan --

And I am making the peace-sign afghan , so back to the little saltines again !

wendy

thanks for the link

she said that she used the pattern for the square from the 200crochet blocks whish gives us an idea that we don`t need the actual pattern the idea and your choices of colors

i think one small throw for my sofa will be cute and hubby will like it :)

Ann thanks for the link for where I can get the interweave magazine.

Would you believe they were going to charge me $33 postage. That would make the magazine cost $41US. that is just too much to pay for a magazine. I think i will just wing it with the info that I have.

Would you believe they were going to charge me $33 postage. That would make the magazine cost $41US. that is just too much to pay for a magazine. I think i will just wing it with the info that I have.

$33 postage WHAT THE!!!!! :angry i got a edgerydoo posted from the us and the box was about 5cm thick and 12inchx12inch

it was about $15US i think they got it very wrong :yes

Hey Wendy, keep in mind that the chart she has on her blog is only for the additional strip she added to the original (almost) square pattern to make it rectangular. If you look carefully at her color plan you can see the counts are for the addition. I know, I got all excited too, but if she posted the original pattern it would be copright infringement. I have, however, used it as a springboard, and it has make designing the thing easier!

I've settled on 10 rather muted colors in a light sportweight chenille and an E hook. I think the finished size will be about 35"x45" and will be a wall hanging for my living room. The chenille is such a pain to work with (NO stretch) so I think it is gonna be really slow going. I'll keep going with my UFOs so my hands don't die!

That's outrageous!! :eekHow in the world can they get away with charging that amount??

Kim

I started on the Lion Brand Circles to Squares throw last night and it's going to be real easy to do. I'm making it in earth tones and adding more colors than they use in the pattern. I love the Babette but I know piecing all those squares together will make me crazy so I'm going with a simpler pattern....

I finished two Granny Square hats this week and both turned out too big! I had the same yarn as the pattern and the right gauge but both are much larger than I expected. LOL, maybe my head is alot smaller than I thought??

Kim

I finished two Granny Square hats this week and both turned out too big! I had the same yarn as the pattern and the right gauge but both are much larger than I expected. LOL, maybe my head is alot smaller than I thought??

Kim

Funny...my head is bigger than I think it is:lol:lol:lol:lol

Have you tried playing with the bottom edge?? Decreasing a border or something?

Funny...my head is bigger than I think it is:lol:lol:lol:lol

Have you tried playing with the bottom edge?? Decreasing a border or something?

:lol:lol Too funny....

I'm going to make another one after Xmas and see if I can adjust my stitches. I usually crochet tightly but I'm thinking with the granny squares I was just grooving along and was alot more loose than I thought...:)

Kim

Archived