Groove-Along

JulieKay

Like, Far Out! I'm willing to stick it to the MAN, ahem, yarn, and give this a try. It'll have to wait 'til after the holidays. I could say "Down with the Establishment" and do it now, but my kids would have a sit-in hunger strike if I passed up Christmas, Boxing Day and New Year's (Hogmanay).

Found a pattern: http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/cwe-grannySquareAfghan.html?noImages=

In the "right" colors it'll be eye bustin'.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hello there

nice to see more people are joining

wendy

i`ll make the babette blanket too :lol

wooooow lots of work

but it will be much easier for me i have holiday for eid, and for the pattern just make diffrent kinds of squares and match them

ps: if you want one big square match smaller squares follow this technique

big squares made of 8 rows = 2 squares made of 4rows = 4 squares made of 2 rows = 2squares made of 2rows + 1 square made of 4 rows

and the squares are simple plain squares just change the colors

i hope this helps

Becki and Athba I looked at the squares for the Babette and it uses 2row, 4 rows, 6 rows and 12 row squares. It also uses the same pattern as used for the Trip around the world pattern from what I can see.

Becki not sure what you mean by your question but all the squares are made up by Dc around and doing 3dc ch2 3dc in the corner. Your colors sound great by the way. Im not sure what colors Im going to use at the moment.

I am going to do a gahn out of the peace sign chart that was posted but I am going to make it out of squares each block standing for one square, I was curious if anyone could send me a patter for a closed in granny square. I can't find one anywhere and I think I would rather do those than regular ones. I am going to try a few of both with some scrap and see which looks better to me.

I am going to go through my stash and find my SS Brights and pick 2 colors out of there I'll probably acutlaly use blue and orange or green and orange. I've been dying to find something to do with that orange color for so long, and the blue that I have is an awsome color but I have nothing to use it on so I think this will be perfect.

if anyone has a pattern for a closed in square they can send me you can PM me with it or you can email it to me at Mmorgan2239@optonine.net

Hi everyone, I have been reading everything in this CAL since it started and I love the sixties theme for that was my teenage years. I loved all the slang words they used like, that is boss, or that is hip. LOL Both my husband and myself are from that time zone and I would love to hear more about the peace sign blanket/afghan??? It is the norm in my home today that we answer the phone by saying PEACE. I guess that came from the sixties and stayed with us through the years even now. LOL just sharing my self with you. :hug I would love to work on the squares for the peace sign blanket. Thanks

Hi guys

To answer your questions about the tote -- there was a pattern on groovy crochet for a big granny tote I think it was called. All it was was 2 big granny squares put together to make a tote bag.

I started it, but like I said, it was leaving huge holes around all the sides made wit ha regular granny square ,so I used a square that comes from CPC called Nellie's Easy Lapghan -- it's a solid square with only holes in the corners .

I made it 9 rounds big and turned out 11 1/2 inches across and up and down .

Thanks for all the comments !

Jenny- WELCOME ~~~

Thanks for all the neat links, everyone! I still don't know what I'm making...though lately I'm in love with making bags - fast to finish!

Judy bags are quick to make arent they. You could always make a very loud 3sub bag.

ooooooh.....didn't think of a 3 sub bag. That would be nice and thick - no lining needed:lol

Gonna check out my stash after Phil leaves for work;)

This is so cool! I love this CAL! I don't know what I'll make yet but I'm going to go thru my patterns and see what I'll make for this one....

BTW, how many of you owned white Go-Go Boots? I know I did and I loved them!

Kim

This is so cool! I love this CAL! I don't know what I'll make yet but I'm going to go thru my patterns and see what I'll make for this one....

Kim

Actually, mine were dark brown. My mother bought them for me and a pair of hot pants! Yes, my mother bought these things. I was wearing them when Daddy came home and he was not a happy camper :rofl :rofl I got to wear the boots but the hot pants became "in the house only" attire :wink

Welcome, Linda....:hug

You can make a GS ghan or whatever you want to make that's a bit retro. If you need any links scroll back and check out some of the earlier posts. And if you have any problems or questions any one of us would love to help.:crocheting

Is anyone else thinking of making the Age Of Aquarius Retro Wrap from the July 2007 issue of Crochet! Magazine? It's gorgeous! I'm still looking thru patterns but right now, this is tops on my list!

Kim

I have that issue and when I saw it all I could think was "My gawd it'd take me 3 years to make something like that"! :lol It is cool though :yes

Okay still on the clothing thing...........did any of y'all wear those "elephant leg" ultra wide bell bottoms? I loved those things! But the klutz that I am I kept getting caught up in them :rofl Had to be very careful how you walked in those things :lol

Becki not sure what you mean by your question but all the squares are made up by Dc around and doing 3dc ch2 3dc in the corner. Your colors sound great by the way. Im not sure what colors Im going to use at the moment.

That's exactly the info I needed. I didn't know if you chained two in the corner or one. I figured since it was a "groovy" challenge I'd go with groovy colors! ;) Plus, my whole house is done in groovy colors so this will go perfect. Time to make an afghan just for me.

Kim

My mom did, does that count? :lol

I was born in 1975 so too late for that.

I have that issue and when I saw it all I could think was "My gawd it'd take me 3 years to make something like that"! :lol It is cool though :yes

:lol I was thinking the same thing! It's still on my list but I don't see me starting it any time soon....

Kim

Archived