Groove-Along

JulieKay

Hello to all you Groovy People out there …. Peace, Love and all that jazz…..

I hope you’re all truckin’ your way in here to read up on the new and coolest CAL to ever hit the ‘net .

I hope you will all be as stoked as I am over this neato idea .

We are soon coming to the time of year when we might get bummed out over all endless monotony of winter, so what better way to spend it than with a new CAL with some righteous ideas and colors ?

This is in tribute to the Sixties , so all you have to do to be a part of this is to pick a groovy pattern ( links will be listed below) ,some neato yarn colors, and we can make some outta site items.

Think of the tie-dyed look, or the classic living room colors common back then… the olive greens, rust, gold …. Everyone with it had those colors in their home décor, daddy-o.

What’s your idea ?

Lay it on me . Hang loose and gimme some skin to shake on the deal .

Don’t freak out , don’t sweat it and don’t be a pantywaist .

Whether you have a Chrome Dome or a Tin Grin, Everyone is welcome here.

So put on your shades , bellbottoms or mini skirt, and let’s peel out .

Just don’t burn too much rubber getting here or you’ll get stopped by the Fuzz .

The first idea for this new adventure was put into my head by dear JulieB , who wanted to know if we could drum up a CAL for the Babette blanket . Below are some major photos of it . They remind me of some of the items that were popular back in the sixties ,so that’s where the theme came into this whole shebang.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/purlbeebabette/pool/

Here is a post of estimates of each size square needed for the Babette-- thanks, Wendy !!!

126 squares made up of 50 2 rows, 49 4 rows, 16 6 rows, 7 8 rows, 2 10 rows and 2 12 rows.

The "Babettes "

Aussie ( Wendy)

Clare

Julie B

Becki

Candy4271

Athba

Jennifer(Jingerelle)

sassycma06

Michelle(stormdrac)

Debbi-a1

Melibean

Judy ( Judianne)

Forines (Ines )

Leslie

The Peace-niks

Julie

Donna

Cara

Lea

Mel(Melibean)

Cheeria

Tab

(* This is just an estimate-- if anyone wants added or removed, let me know, and i'll change it )

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm I'm tempted with this one too :yes Julie what are you doing to me???? :devil

I have been thinking of doing up a scrappy afghan using all sorts of different textured yarns and leftovers from my stash and that might just fit this theme. I shall mull this one over too (along with your knitting thingy) and decide after my Christmas stuff is settled.

Why oh why did I click on this link? Julie, what power do you have over us helpless crocheters? Don't you realize that I already have far too many wip's and ufo's? Don't you know that I don't need another reason to purchase more yarn? Too late... I've been sucked in... As soon as I saw THIS PATTERN I knew it! I think I may end up doing this one...

However, I am going to READ this pattern carefully before starting the project to make sure I'm not biting off more than I can chew... My name for this project? The air name I used back when I was in high school for our radio project... Ready for it? It's so catchy and original... Crazy Donna C! Woo-Hoo! Ok, so my last name doesn't start with a C anymore, so what... Play along...

Oh, and I'm NOT starting this til after Christmas!!! Carry on!!! :crocheting

That Babette is bitchin' man! Are you limiting this to groovy afghans? cause I am checkin' out some groovy vest and purse patterns too :yes

This is so NOT helping my WIM list......

must

resist

starting

new

projects...

but......I am

so

weak....

C'mon Bean you know we're both gonna do it anyway. Here. Take my hand and we'll just jump in :sigh

This should be good for me especially since I keep coming up with orange and lime green color schemes :lol This time I won't have to change it :lol

Way cool, dudes !

I went shopping a couple hours today and look at all the posts while I was gone !

:yay

First of all, thanks to everyone interested so far, and to answer questions -

Nope, you dont have to do the babette afghan, you can make anything your heart desires, just so it looks 60-ish --- either the pattern,colors, or both. Vests, scarves,anything you wanna try is fine with me. I've been eyeing that granny tote bag for ages, so went and got me some groovy lime green and hot pink to go with black as a background color and some hippie beads to put on the fringes...

Tab- thanks for adding so many links ! What a good help you are to me !

I thought the CAL area was getting a little "stale" and needed some new action, so thought I'd drop in a couple new ideas .

Norah- we can roll as soon as you have your wheels, chickadee !

It's nice to see some of my old pals here and some new ones too.

Donna- long time, no see !! How's it hanging ,sister ? Pretty afghan by the way !

Kidget- thanks for the 60's color charts-- far out !!!

And as for the babette, I believe JulieB said it was in an Interweave Magazine. I'm hoping she'lll drop in soon with more info on it. I don't have the pattern for it myself, but it looks to me like you could use about any granny square pattern and use graph paper to chart out your layout so they'd all come together in some type of pattern .

There's free graph paper here -http://incompetech.com/graphpaper/

You all are free to jump in anytime you're ready.

Oh, drat....another crochet along that I'm NOT going to be able to walk away from. *sigh* Not sure what I'm doing just yet...going to my Gran's this weekend, so I may check out some of the afghans...I know they're older than I am. I know there's one in shades of browns and golds. A classic scrappy granny would be pretty too..... Or maybe something eye-popping...my sis loves bright colors...the louder the better. Oh, decisions, decisions....

Count me in....starting Jan. 1

.... And as for the babette, I believe JulieB said it was in an Interweave Magazine. I'm hoping she'lll drop in soon with more info on it. I don't have the pattern for it myself, but it looks to me like you could use about any granny square pattern and use graph paper to chart out your layout so they'd all come together in some type of pattern....

The Babette was in the Interweave Crochet Spring 2006 issue. Here's a table of contents for it: the Babette is shown the 5th photo from the top.

I really want to try this one. I'll have to see if I can get some yarn and figure out a pattern I like. Well I like alot of them. I think I have one of Cara's orange and green patterns still sitting around somewhere :lol Maybe that will be my next quilt

I really want to try this one. I'll have to see if I can get some yarn and figure out a pattern I like. Well I like alot of them. I think I have one of Cara's orange and green patterns still sitting around somewhere :lol Maybe that will be my next quilt

I've got news for ya...most of 'em start out orange and green then get turned into red and blue or other colors :lol

Lea - Oh I loved Bobby Sherman! :dreaming It was always a tie for who I would marry...Bobby Sherman or Donny Osmond :lol

[

Lea - Oh I loved Bobby Sherman! :dreaming It was always a tie for who I would marry...Bobby Sherman or Donny Osmond :lol

..Mine was Bobby Sherman and Chuck Negron of Three Dog Night....

..it was a treat for me to stay up late and watch The Midnight Special ( I use to babysit and prayed the folks would stay out late so I could watch)... I can still hear Wolfman Jack.....

.." Let the Midnight Special shine its ever lovin light on you"....

....fun stuff!!!

Archived